What's new

China executed 2,400 people in 2013: report

That is the point........death penalty or not, the crime rate remains more or less stable......
The notion that the crime rate will increase if death penalty is abolished, has been proven wrong by the crime statistics of the countries which has abolished it, like Britain etc.

Therefore, as pointed out, death penalty does not reduce crime, it only provides satisfaction to the natural need for revenge that humans have.........which, by the way, is not justified by the Judiciary of many countries(including India) where death-penalty is practiced........this condemnation of the notion of revenge while keeping the death penalty seems contradictory to me.....

IMHO, social reforms can reduce crime rate.......

There's no point in posting this kind of reply.

Most people in this section are not here to discuss a good topic like the retributive vs restorative justice debate.

They are only here for 2 things:

1. Dick-measuring contest.
2. Defending ones Party, no matter how absurd one's reasoning is.

How much communist goverment earns by selling internal organs of those prisoners?

Hello sir,maybe you ever read news about the organ selling in the earlier time of China.
But now China is gradually opened and transparent society.Even though the perpetrator is sentenced to death,government doesn't execute by gun.In addition,once the perpetrator is exectued,their families has the right to deal with the corpse.
China government is much richer than Chinese civilians and don't need to sell perpetrator's organ to make fortune.
Please use your postive and developing viewpoint to see other countries.Or else you would lag behind but you are still complacent.
China is developing not only in terms of business but also the whole soceity.Chinese development don't rely on petroleum and rare resource but rely on Chinese person's hard working and developing eduction status.So people is moving forward and the system and law must move forward.

Anyway, if you believe that death-penalty can reduce crime, then, don't you think, considering that China executes the highest number of people on this planet, will have the lowest crime rate.....and if China has the lowest crime rate then how come it executes the highest number of people??
A paradox isn't it.......

There is no paradox if you consider the fact that the proportion of criminals executed out of all criminals is less than the proportion of criminals in society. If that is the case, then the effects of the death penalty on the total criminal number is negligible.

Rehabilitation > Capital punishment
Some criminal minds are beyond rehabilitation........in such cases I prefer life long(literally, not 25,50 years) imprisonment rather than death penalty.......the society has to bear the burden of keeping the criminal alive but considering that the society has a role to play in shaping up a criminal(since no-one is a born criminal), the burden on society is justified.....IMHO.

There's no point in posting this kind of reply.

Most people in this section are not here to discuss a good topic like the retributive vs restorative justice debate.

They are only here for 2 things:

1. Dick-measuring contest.
2. Defending ones Party, no matter how absurd one's reasoning is.
I know.....still trying to get my point through....
I won't be in this thread for long.....

Last edited:
the most important: anyone you stands against communist party is sentenced to death. according to some reports almost 50% death sentences in china fall in this category
I think you know little about China in present.Chinese gov change a lot with the development of economic and society.And I think many news report views stand in 30 years ago.If you have enough time,welcome to China,eyes and feels will not trick you.

Good job sometimes i envy communism . India needs to enforce such penalties as well:agree:
ha I agree. sometimes you gotta go medieval.
we should be executing at least 10,000 people a year in the U.S. prison time isn't big enough deterrent IMO

ha I agree. sometimes you gotta go medieval.
we should be executing at least 10,000 people a year in the U.S. prison time isn't big enough deterrent IMO

They need love and nurture not murder and torture.

They need love and nurture not murder and torture.

that wouldn't fly here. that something Scandinavia is known for. we simply can't afford it. each inmate costs the U.S taxpayer $40,000 a year and doing special programs would add more to that cost.

and for repeat/career criminals should be sterilized

that wouldn't fly here. that something Scandinavia is known for. we simply can't afford it. each inmate costs the U.S taxpayer $40,000 a year and doing special programs would add more to that cost.

and for repeat/career criminals should be sterilized

What separates an American criminal from a Scandinavian?

What separates an American criminal from a Scandinavian?

Scandinavians aren't as violent or desperate?
hell Anders Brehviek is living easy life in prison
1506711531.jpg

Should increase penalties
Some criminal punishment too light.

@hans and @STEVEN囧, I agree to all your points, I'm not saying that China should abolish death penalty.....I'm only trying to logically prove that the notion that death-penalty reduces crime is not actually true......it instills fear and checks crime ofcourse but, IMHO there are better alternatives like social reforms, lifelong imprisonment etc......

Anyway, if you believe that death-penalty can reduce crime, then, don't you think, considering that China executes the highest number of people on this planet, will have the lowest crime rate.....and if China has the lowest crime rate then how come it executes the highest number of people??
A paradox isn't it.......

this is a media view, look at it from a broad perspective. You got more than 2 minutes before we have to let you go, no? Media reference in case India doesn't do this.

Anyways. Death penalty won't stop or reduce too much crime to be noticeable, yes. But it can bring it to a stable rate. Deng's use of death penalty to bring rape and crime to normal rate in the early days of opening up, did work. It didn't eliminate crime, but it did bring it to normal.

Now if you think India is currently at a normal rate, then fine, but if not extreme punishment will be needed. Rape is not giving India a good name I must say.

Social reform is difficult, like animal rights groups, worker's rights groups, these didn't exist in the 80s, but as people got richer, they get pets, they become friends of animals, and when works can choose their jobs with better pay due to opportunity, worker's rights can be enforced.

Empty words like social reform without bases is just that, empty.

China executes more people, US imprisons more, we would have killed a lot of the guys in the US prison. You are just comparing one penalty to crime rate. I can say almost nobody gets *** raped in prison in China, doesn't mean Chinese gangs are not in prison like the US.

To sum up, every situation is different, you can say death penalty doesn't reduce crime, and it doesn't, in most cases, but it's also not useless. Other alternatives work? Maybe, but right now this is what we are doing.

1. Drug dealer with >= 50g illeagle narcotics, Dealth in China !
2. An adult man rape girl <=16 age, Dealth in China !
3. Murder one person's life (include baby), Dealth in China !
4. Terrorist also Dealth in China !

I envy your Country.
I am dreaming that all criminals in corruption, murder, organized crime, rape, & pedophil in my Country are also firing squad executed ASAP.
In the name of HUMAN RIGHT, every HUMAN have right to be feel save from murderer, gangster, and sexual predators.

That is high numbers of execution
As long as the people are guilty, no number is a high number

btw i dont agree with only the drug law, i feel a little slack can be given, that applies to singapore as well

Back
Top Bottom