What's new

China executed 2,400 people in 2013: report

The United States remained the only country in the Americas that carries out executions. The state of Texas accounted for 41 percent of them.

Oddly they skip the US total (39 people) and mention 41% for Texas (16 people)

I don't think so, read the post just above your post.....
I do not think so .
If our GOV does not apply death penalty ,the drug dealer will be unscrupulous.
The number of drugsters will grow very fast , the public security will be very bad .
Drugsters will do anything to get high.

If you hang these rapist in India, Rape crime will much reduced I believe...
They are hanged, in so called 'rarest of the rare cases'......
Anyway, if you believe death-penalty can reduce crime, then why the number of death penalty increases each year in countries like Iran etc...

Last edited:
China is reducing the number of executed persons
Like corrupted officer, rapist, etc would be executed in the past, but no these days..
Only severe crime like drug smuggler, murder with bad influence, etc will be executed now..

If death penalty is indeed a deterrent then why each year the number of executions are more or less same??.......

For most countries with many poor people, like China, India, etc, Death penalty is necessary to maintain society order.
For Iran, I believe it much related to the worse of economy and extreme muslin government...

Anyway, if you believe death-penalty can reduce crime, then why the number of death penalty increases each year in countries like Iran etc...

Because crime is not only subjected to law but also social situation.
Anyway death-penalty has its deterrent to those perpetrators especially for current China.
China is expanding rapidly and educational level is still on the way up.
Violence and drug deal is still very rampant.
We need a progress and time.Don't compare developing countries to high developed country.It is meaningless.Even USA has been keeping the capital punishment.

1. Drug dealer with >= 50g illeagle narcotics, Dealth in China !
2. An adult man rape girl <=16 age, Dealth in China !
3. Murder one person's life (include baby), Dealth in China !
4. Terrorist also Dealth in China !

the most important: anyone you stands against communist party is sentenced to death. according to some reports almost 50% death sentences in china fall in this category

That's good... untill the punishment becomes severe, crimes won't reduce.

@hans and @STEVEN囧, I agree to all your points, I'm not saying that China should abolish death penalty.....I'm only trying to logically prove that the notion that death-penalty reduces crime is not actually true......it instills fear and checks crime ofcourse but, IMHO there are better and more humane alternatives like social reforms, lifelong imprisonment etc......

Anyway, if you believe that death-penalty can reduce crime, then, don't you think, considering that China executes the highest number of people on this planet, will have the lowest crime rate.....and if China has the lowest crime rate then how come it executes the highest number of people??
A paradox isn't it.......

Last edited:
I would say death-penalty reduces crime is not 100% true
But it is true most of the time..

@hans and @STEVEN囧, I agree to all your points, I'm not saying that China should abolish death penalty.....I'm only trying to logically proove that the notion that death-penalty reduces crime is not actually true......it instills fear and checks crime ofcourse but there are better alternatives like social reforms etc......

Anyway, if you believe death-penalty can reduce crime, then, don't you think, considering that China executes the highest number of people on this planet, will have the lowest crime rate.....and if China has the lowest crime rate then how come it executes the highest number of people??

That is the point........death penalty or not, the crime rate remains more or less stable......
The notion that the crime rate will increase if death penalty is abolished, has been proven wrong by the crime statistics of the countries which has abolished it, like Britain etc.

Therefore, as pointed out, death penalty does not reduce crime, it only provides satisfaction to the natural need for revenge that humans have.........which, by the way, is not justified by the Judiciary of many countries(including India) where death-penalty is practiced........this condemnation of the notion of revenge while keeping the death penalty seems contradictory to me.....

IMHO, social reforms can reduce crime rate.......
I'll give you an example that shows the death penalty is necessary. In China there is a law: In any kidnap case, if the victim loses life for any reason during the crime process. The kidnapper(s) will be 100% sure to face death penalty. You know all kidnappers tend to kill the victims for their safety sake. I believe this law saved many innocent victims in the kidnap crimes.

Last edited:
How much communist goverment earns by selling internal organs of those prisoners?

@hans and @STEVEN囧, I agree to all your points, I'm not saying that China should abolish death penalty.....I'm only trying to logically proove that the notion that death-penalty reduces crime is not actually true......it instills fear and checks crime ofcourse but there are better alternatives like social reforms etc......

Anyway, if you believe death-penalty can reduce crime, then, don't you think, considering that China executes the highest number of people on this planet, will have the lowest crime rate.....and if China has the lowest crime rate then how come it executes the highest number of people??

It looks like paradox.
But as I said China develops rapidly .
For example,ten years ago the amount of drug deal crime is still smaller.But now the crime is very rampant.The rate is higher and higher.It is very hard to under control.It prooves that it produce illeage hard drugs in the whole villege and they have the gang with guns to protect their business chain.Even the local villege officials are in this chain.
You knonw Chinese is more rich and they could consume a large amount of hard drug and if we could not deter them,the rate would be higher right now.
Of course as you said,social reform is the fundamental and a good social virtue could lower the crime rate.But it really needs time to achieve it.Before getting to that level,we really need those kind of law.
Anywan thanks for your concern.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom