What's new

China Economy Forum

:smitten:

好吃哦!

Shaved ice ain't ice cream. As for shaved ice, I recommend snow ice.

1030284f6726058768.jpg

China's game industry is worth $22.2bn, ahead of the US at $21.96bn

Research firm Newzoo today released its Top 100 Countries by Game Revenues report, revealing that for the first time China has surpassed the US in total game revenues. With a population four times greater than the US and an internet audience more than double the US, China's 2015 game revenues are estimated to be $22.2 billion, just ahead of the US at $21.96 billion. The complete list is available at the link above but you can peruse the top 25 countries in the table below.

As you can see, the top 20 countries will generate an estimated $83.0 billion this year, which is the bulk (over 90 percent) of worldwide game revenues. With China in the lead, it's interesting to note that Asia Pacific countries now comprise nearly half of total global revenues. You might assume that mobile gaming is what's leading to China's surge, and while mobile continues to grow quickly, PC gaming still dominates China, Newzoo explained, at $15.2 billion this year (68 percent of total Chinese revenues).

700x-1

What so proud about this? You have 1.3 billion dudes love gaming, die while playing, compare with U.S has approx 400 million population? Your country dont even have a console like XBox, or triple A title like grand thief auto. If there is any competitor and have certain influence on U.S. Gaming industry and culture would be Japan, Playstation, Final Fantasy, Street fighter or Nintendo with super mario.

All I see China output recently is nothing impressive but number in ranking.

What so proud about this? You have 1.3 billion dudes love gaming, die while playing, compare with U.S has approx 400 million population? Your country dont even have a console like XBox, or triple A title like grand thief auto. If there is any competitor and have certain influence on U.S. Gaming industry and culture would be Japan, Playstation, Final Fantasy, Street fighter or Nintendo with super mario.

Unfortunately, Japan's gaming industry is dying, and both Sony and Nintendo are bleeding to death. Soon, they will leave the gaming industry.

We got the market, and soon we will catch up as part of our softpower.

However, we won't recommend the Chinese youths to be too obsessed with gaming, since the study should still be regarded as the number one priority.

First, surpassing the US market shows China has surpassed the US in yet another category. Another victory for China in its competition with the US.

Second, being largest gaming market shows Chinese consumption is on the increase. Gaming is just one of many categories that consumption is rising in China. Being the largest market for anything gives you influence as your market becomes the focus of global producers that seek a share of the largest market.

Third, China only lifted the ban on gaming consoles just this year. Gaming is made up of PC, mobile, consoles, online, etc.

Fourth, once you have a big domestic market, domestic producers come up to grab a share of that market. This is when domestic brands are created.

Well you can say that for Nintendo but not for sony eh :no:
PlayStation 4 sales help Sony swing to Q2 operating profit| Reuters

Come on man 5-6 hours of gaming doesn't harm your studies imo;)

Sony's PlayStation brand looks quite inspired by the German artistic design. Maybe Sony should cooperate with Germany to balance against the US-UK gaming hegemony. Maybe a new Japanese-German axis could exist in a video game world.

Yep, a 5-6 hours per week won't be a big issue, it could relax your stress from the intense study.

Ughhhh i hate those games Halo is just overrated imo but COD well it's another story it used to be my fav game until Modern Warfare 3 after that they ruined it. But in FPS category Battlefield and Far cry are awesome games.

Yeah, overall COD is way better than Halo.

Both game series are not opted for a decent storyline, but I prefer the control of COD which makes it feels more realistic.

The space cyborg genre never really strikes me.

Last edited:

LOL.. Sourgraped.

American in order to tap into massive China gaming market has already kowtow and start making a naval game on how PLAN wiped out VPN and take control of all spratly island. :lol:

Big market means international influence :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom