What's new

China Economy Forum

hisilicon 930 is also ahead of its time with an integrated LTE advanced chip

As the availability of Kirin 930, Huawei will become one of top CPU supplier in the world.

huawei doesn't sell their chips to other smartphone makers. i hope they don't stick with this strategy too long. i want to see them throw a monkey wrench at qualcomm and MTK in china market and see what will happen :D

Last edited:
A high-elevation railway in southwest China’s Tibet Autonomous Region goes into operation today.

The 251-kilometer-long railway starts in the provincial capital Lhasa, running westward to the terminal station of Shigatse. The nearly three-hour-long journey involves 14 stations, traveling along the Yarlung Zangbo River and through the Yarlung Zangbo Grand Canyon.

After ten days of trial runs, the first passenger train departed from Lhasa 9 a.m. on Friday.

The railway links the eastern and western parts of Tibet. It is opening is expected to boost the economic and social development of Tibet, and to improve residents’ traveling conditions.

2014081512524132161.jpg

A high-elevation railway in southwest China’s Tibet Autonomous Region goes into operation today.

2014081512524895508.jpg

2014081512525357335.jpg

Credits: CCTV

Initially, there will be train Number K9821/K9822 to run on this route daily. The ticket prices from Lhasa to Xigazê are as follows:

Seat 40.50 Yuan
Upper bunk hard sleeper 111.50 Yuan
Middle bunk hard sleeper 116.50 Yuan
Lower bunk hard sleeper 119.50 Yuan
Upper bunk soft sleeper 169.50 Yuan
Lower bunk soft sleeper 175.50 Yuan

Train K9821 Depart Lhasa 9.00 AM Arrive Xigazê 11.50 AM
Train K9822 Depart Xigazê 5.30 PM Arrive Lhasa 8.27 PM

can you post a map of Tibetan railway

I am eager to take train to Xizang, amazing place and will have wonderful experiences.
The title is quite right.
纯朴的说法是:
要致富,先修路!
少生娃,多养猪!
:enjoy:

tibetan incense was once one of the main trade items, china exported to indian kingdoms through nepal and bhutan but the trade got disrupted due to the closure of these routes and you guess who contributed to the closure. yes the british. there were two reasons, one the great game, another was to promote british colonial trade at the expense of native trades.

China opens $2-billion extension of controversial Tibet railway

13 hours ago
BEIJING (Reuters) - China on Friday officially opened a $2-billion extension of its controversial railway into Tibet, state media reported, linking the Tibetan capital of Lhasa with a key Buddhist site.

Tibet is a highly sensitive region, not just because of continued local opposition to Chinese control, but because of the region's strategic position next to neighbors India, Nepal and Myanmar.

In 2006, China opened the railway to Lhasa, which passes spectacular icy peaks on the Tibetan highlands, reaching altitudes as high as 5,000 m (16,400 ft) above sea level, as part of government development efforts.

Critics of the railway, including exiled Tibetans and rights groups, say it has spurred an influx of long-term migrants who threaten Tibetans' cultural integrity, which rests on Buddhist beliefs and a traditional herding lifestyle.

The new 13.28 billion yuan ($2.2 billion) extension goes to Shigatse, the traditional seat of Tibetan Buddhism's second-highest figure, the Panchen Lama, and reduces travel time from Lhasa to around two hours from four hours by road now, the official Xinhua news agency said.

At a cost of 50,000 yuan per meter (ft), the railway lines is the most expensive ever built in China, because of the harsh terrain it traverses, making it necessary to build numerous bridges and tunnels, the agency said.

The first passenger train is scheduled to leave Lhasa on Saturday morning, it added.

China plans further extensions of the railway line, to the borders of India, Nepal and Bhutan, by 2020.

China had long mooted the plan, but its efforts were slowed by the difficulty and expense of building in such a rugged and remote region.

(Reporting by Ben Blanchard; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
China opens $2-billion extension of controversial Tibet railway - Yahoo News

controversial, why is everything we do controversial. Even building a rail way. Is Xi eating lunch also controversial, I mean for all we know it's a plot to take over the world through not starving to death.

at 50,000 yuan a meter, it's technical needs and monetary ones will never be possessed by Tibet and it's few million people.

We bring technology, prosperity and more to our brothers and sisters, but it's obviously a plot to conquer the world.

I mean without mentioning names, our brothers and sister Tibetans' standard of living far exceeds those that are "free" and in exile.

Oh the Dalai should probably not return, where he is he can see poverty as far as the eye can see, but if he come back he will not recognize the prosperity, so better he stay and not come back and die of shock, I'm sure that one will be blamed on us as well.

LoL, I am seeing more and more West worshiping Chinese youth that used to believe in Western liberal democracy, equality and justice are now turning to anti-West camp, thanks to articles like this one. This is very dangerous both for the world and for China. I hope the western media refrain from publishing ideology driven provocative articles.

What's Controversial about it

its controversial because the british imperial imagination's mythical garden of eden remained unconquered. still they can't accept their great empire lost the horizon in reality, i know few readers would get the point if they are ignorant of the imperial designs of the raj in the early 20th century for tibet

Back
Top Bottom