What's new

China Eastern set to operate C919's first commercial flight on Sunday, flying China's busiest domestic flight route from Shanghai to Beijing

It's not a demand, it's business cooperation like everywhere else in the world. C919 is targetting the world aviation market and getting more countries involved in this project helps China to break into those countries markets, getting US partners in this project serves the same purpose.
demand as in "Supply and Demand" ie YOU NEED THEM. not you demand it to be made otherwise you will do something.

Again, if China stop buying, the west stop selling, how hard it is to understand, it's how the world works.......

demand as in "Supply and Demand" ie YOU NEED THEM. not you demand it to be made otherwise you will do something.

Again, if China stop buying, the west stop selling, how hard it is to understand, it's how the world works.......
It's business partnership, like everwhere else in the world, C 919 does need its foreign business partners as lobbying force to help it to break into foreign market, so I guess it won't stop this partnership very soon.

It's business partnership, like everwhere else in the world, C 919 does need its foreign business partners as lobbying force to help it to break into foreign market, so I guess it won't stop this partnership very soon.
Oh my god....Are you for real?

again, you need to have a "NEED" to enter with a business partnership, especially China is the one buying stuff from the west, because it's quite evident that the "NEED" for the west is money.

And now, going back to my original point, if you have Chinese parts for this, then what is the need for the Chinese to enter in this business venture? It cannot be because of money because you are the one that's paying.

Hence, if China stop buying, the west stop selling, which mean this business relationship fall apart, which mean the question you should ask is not when will the west cut ties with China, but rather when would China stop buying from the west?

C919 will rely on China market. It is enough to support the development.

Hence, if China stop buying, the west stop selling, which mean this business relationship fall apart, which mean the question you should ask is not when will the west cut ties with China, but rather when would China stop buying from the west?
So you are talking about China stop buying , not the west stops selling. then there is no problem, China still buys many western products even it can make them itself, it's a business and market strategy that exists in almost all countries.

C919 will rely on China market. It is enough to support the development.
True, even C919 just replace foreign aircrafts sole in the Chinese market, it will prosper like there's no tomorrow. China itself is a vast country, China and Russia can be even bigger.

So you are talking about China stop buying , not the west stops selling. then there is no problem, China still buys many western products even it can make them itself, it's a business and market strategy that exists in almost all countries.

Dude, I am not saying anything, YOU ASKED when will the west sanction Chinese plane......

I am telling you to ask the Chinese, they are buying those stuff.....

Dude, I am not saying anything, YOU ASKED when will the west sanction Chinese plane......

I am telling you to ask the Chinese, they are buying those stuff.....
So sanctions as you suggested? good.

There is a reason I have you ignored, because you twist facts at every turn. I already posted that most all of Tesla's parts are made in China. USA doesn't make most of these parts.

I mean be a flag waver (fine) and wave your Pom Pom's all you want but don't pull blatant falsehoods on the rest of us. Lies are lies.

It is already well known here that the Made in China Tesla cars have most of their parts sourced in China to get around car part import tariffs.

The article is NOT saying cars made in the US are also using all made in China parts.

'It appears that Tesla will soon achieve a complete “localization” of its vehicle. Who are Tesla’s suppliers?'

Recently, Tesla recalled some Teslas in China, which is not unusual. After all, recalling vehicles is also a routine operation for Tesla. Unexpectedly, this recall incident brought to the surface the local stakeholder behind a Tesla — Sanhua Zhikong.

The cause of the incident was the Defective Product Management Center of the State Administration for Market Regulation not long ago. The company had to recall 26,047 Model Y and Model 3 produced at the Shanghai factory.

The reason for the recall is that some Tesla (China) heat pump electronic expansion valves will move slightly under certain circumstances. Because the software (version 2021.44 to 2021.44.30.6) does not have a corrective function, it may cause the valve to partially open for a long time. As a result, the heat pump compressor stops working, and the interior of the car may be partially open.

Notice how it said this heat pump issue only affected cars made in China...not the US. That's because the US built Teslas were not using the same supplier as the Shanghai built ones and thus didn't have any problems. Tesla can source the same part from multiple suppliers.

There is a reason I have you ignored,
Thank you!!!! But apparently you are not adhering to it. 😩
Please do a better job next time. Practice makes perfect!!
I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Notice how it said this heat pump issue only affected cars made in China...not the US. That's because the US built Teslas are not using the same suppliers as the Shanghai built ones.

Apparently you are not adhering to it.
Please do a better job next time.

WASHINGTON, April 7 (Reuters) - Tesla (TSLA.O) is recalling just over 400 Model 3 vehicles in the United States because front suspension lateral link fasteners may loosen.
Tesla recalls 362,000 cars in US over fears full self-driving software may cause crashes

A lot of the western popular civilian aircraft suffered far bigger accident during fledging time, including A320, B737Max, A330, B787. I predict C919 accident will be most minor

A320 296Q crash

View attachment 931791

I was also thinking of the above incident.

Airbus really took a beating in the press over that.
The whole low pass at stall speed with civilian passengers on it was rather reckless.

Last edited:
Making lame jokes, biting at the heels of the Chinese and bad-mouthing them won't help the flagging fortunes and the falling behind of the tech economy in the US. I am just aghast at some people in the US not realizing what predicament they're really in.

The approach to antagonize the Chinese was a loony backdated idea all around starting with two decades ago, we in the US will fall behind while the Chinese go past us WITHOUT our help.

Look around - even as a non-techie you can figure it out. Everything you possibly use at home or even at work are ALL MADE IN CHINA.

Yes even most parts of Teslas.

Where else are they going to make them? India? :disagree:

The first tries of US airliners weren't as good looking, as practical or as successful in the 60's compared to the first tries the Chinese are hatching these days.

It's just pointless some Westerners bad habit of bad-mouthing the Chinese - hoping to get some temporary warm and fuzzies denigrating them.

The Germans and now even the French have got the message.

It ain't the 1970's anymore.....new age and new reality....
You can cheer for China if you want, am just waiting for the PDF Chinese to break the laws of physics as they often done in the past when it comes to aviation. :enjoy:

You can cheer for China if you want, am just waiting for the PDF Chinese to break the laws of physics as they often done in the past when it comes to aviation. :enjoy:

Dude - you have to admit (like the Avis car rental ad) they try harder.

And they have the money, the smarts and the capability which well exceeds ours.

iu

Last edited:

China Eastern set to operate C919's first commercial flight on Sunday​

e16b0b27-af8d-4d84-a836-2257eed513c2_273937ef.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Chinese passenger jet C919 performs at the China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition, or Airshow China, in Zhuhai, Guangdong province, China November 8, 2022. China Daily via REUTERS

26 May 2023 10:54AM

BEIJING : China Eastern Airlines, the initial customer for the country's homegrown narrow-body jet C919, will launch the plane's first commercial flight on Sunday, the carrier's app showed on Friday.

The C919 flight will take off as flight number MU9191 at 10:45 a.m. Beijing time (0245 GMT) from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport and arrive in Beijing Capital Airport at 1:10 p.m.

The commercial operation of the C919 marks a milestone in the country's hopes that the plane will break the longtime Airbus-Boeing duopoly in the world's airline manufacturing industry.

Manufactured by Commercial Aviation Corp of China (COMAC) to rival the Airbus A320neo and Boeing 737 MAX single-aisle jet families, the C919 has made many flights without passengers.

China Eastern said on Thursday that C919 would be put into operation "in near future" and the plane will operate commercially with Shanghai as its main base. The airline did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Friday.

On Tuesday the Shanghai Stamp Collecting Corporation said a promotional stamp would commemorate the first flight of C919 on Sunday.

Congrats, and the Pakistani nation wishes well for China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom