What's new

China Eastern set to operate C919's first commercial flight on Sunday, flying China's busiest domestic flight route from Shanghai to Beijing

COMAC uses foreign engine just for the convenience to get the airworthiness certification for C919 done fast,

LOL! At your excuses! Desperately looking for a loophole in your own formula. Tesla doesn't even use Chinese batteries in all their cars but COMAC uses Western engines in all theirs.

As I say using your own often repeated criteria we should all just consider it a Western company.

COMAC is just a western company...just face your own "facts".

Your own pathetic Chinese logic has painted you into a corner.

Last edited:
LOL! At your excuses!

As I say using your own often repeated criteria we should all just consider it a Western company.

COMAC is just a western company...just face your own "facts".
I said Teslas are made in Chinese factories and provides employment to the Chinese workers, pays taxes to the Chinese government and almost 100% uses the Chinese supply chain.

The C919 is a technological marvel in aviation. Look at the rudder. Whoever thought that an airplane would have a rudder for yaw axis control? Certainly not Western aviation. Or how about windows for the cockpit? Absolute bonkers of an idea that the pilots should be able to see where they are heading. Amazing...!!! Chinese aviation is definitely magnitudes ahead.

The C919 is a technological marvel in aviation. Look at the rudder. Whoever thought that an airplane would have a rudder for yaw axis control? Certainly not Western aviation. Or how about windows for the cockpit? Absolute bonkers of an idea that the pilots should be able to see where they are heading. Amazing...!!! Chinese aviation is definitely magnitudes ahead.
The first marvel is Y-20, the say the majority of C 919 tech and material is from Y-2

Y-20-China.jpg

I said Teslas are made in Chinese factories and provides employment to the Chinese workers, pays taxes to the Chinese government and almost 100% uses the Chinese supply chain.

No..no..no...stop trying to do your typical Chinese weaseling backtracking.

There are 3 other Tesla factories in the world. Are you saying you totally forgot about them when you said you considered Tesla a Chinese company?

The US controls LEAP. Your C919 can't even fly this week without its engines. How can you say Tesla is more of a Chinese company than COMAC is American?

Last edited:
Leap1C (C919) is lower thrust and 1000kg heavier than Leap1A (A320Neo). Other specs more or less equal.

But C919 is a conservative design almost using similar structure as A320NEO, so performance will be behind A320NEO.

Meanwhile A220 is using lots of composite, so it is one generation ahead.
Engine wise A220 PW1500G is also one generation ahead of LEAP.

I really want to see A220-500 (now in paper).

This will be an ultra efficient and sleek aircraft as for today. Of course when RR Ultrafan release, those with RR Ultrafan will be king if structurally they have more composite.

1685159590594.png

1685159613576.png

1685159724854.png

No..no..no...stop trying to do your typical Chinese weaseling backtracking.

There are 3 other Tesla factories in the world. Are you saying you totally forgot about them when you said you considered Tesla a Chinese company?

Listen the US controls LEAP. We can stop the C919 tomorrow by stopping the supply of engines. Are you saying COMAC is less reliant than Tesla?
Many say Tesla is almost like a Chinese company to say how closely they are to China, even Apple CEO claims Apple has "symbiotic" relations with China, I guess you know it's figure of speech to show how close the two are. The vast majority parts of C919 is Chinese domestically made and the whole plane is made in China, China already has jumbo planes like Y-20 in operation for a decade, you can try to stop the engines and China will replace them the very next day, don't just talk big, why don't your put the money where your mouth is and just stop the supply?

Many say Tesla is almost like a Chinese company to say how closely they are to China, even Apple CEO claims Apple has "symbiotic" relations with China, I guess you know it's figure of speech to show how close the two are. The vast majority parts of C919 is Chinese domestically made and the whole plane is made in China, China already has jumbo planes like Y-20 in operation for a decade, you can try to stop the engines and China will replace them the very next day, don't just talk big, why don't your put the money where your mouth is and just stop the supply?

You think the vast majority of the parts Tesla uses for their cars in North America are from China???

Can you elaborate on how you came to the conclusion Tesla is a "Chinese company".

I detect Double-speak in your future replies...

You think the vast majority of the parts Tesla uses for their cars in North America are from China???
I m talking about Tesla in China, and Apple CEO calls China and Apple have "symbiotic" relations , it's a figure of speech to show how close they are, don't you just get it?

微信图片_20230527121607.png

The Key component of EV is battery. China controls battery.

It's still in its test phase. It wont be in C919's for years.

Applying your one-sided warped logic in relation to Chinese batteries in some Tesla cars suddenly making it "more Chinese than American" that should make COMAC a "Western company" since LEAPS will be in all C919's.

The CFM International LEAP ("Leading Edge Aviation Propulsion"[6]) is a high-bypass turbofan engine produced by CFM International, a 50–50 joint venture between American GE Aviation and French Safran Aircraft Engines (formerly Snecma).

There is a reason I have you ignored, because you twist facts at every turn. I already posted that most all of Tesla's parts are made in China. USA doesn't make most of these parts.

I mean be a flag waver (fine) and wave your Pom Pom's all you want but don't pull blatant falsehoods on the rest of us. Lies are lies.

Last edited:

Making lame jokes, biting at the heels of the Chinese and bad-mouthing them won't help the flagging fortunes and the falling behind of the tech economy in the US. I am just aghast at some people in the US not realizing what predicament they're really in.

The approach to antagonize the Chinese was a loony backdated idea all around starting with two decades ago, we in the US will fall behind while the Chinese go past us WITHOUT our help.

Look around - even as a non-techie you can figure it out. Everything you possibly use at home or even at work are ALL MADE IN CHINA.

Yes even most parts of Teslas.

Where else are they going to make them? India? :disagree:

The first tries of US airliners weren't as good looking, as practical or as successful in the 60's compared to the first tries the Chinese are hatching these days.

It's just pointless some Westerners bad habit of bad-mouthing the Chinese - hoping to get some temporary warm and fuzzies denigrating them.

The Germans and now even the French have got the message.

It ain't the 1970's anymore.....new age and new reality....

Last edited:
I really want to see A220-500 (now in paper).

a220-500-en.jpg

Yes it will be a real competitor at 175 seats (in Western markets) to the smaller size B737's (Max 7 and 8) as well as steal sales from smaller A320 variants (A319 NEO and A320 NEO) which are dated in most respects. For long thin routes it will beat these older airplanes (because of extensive lighter CFRP/GFRP construction) and will be around 25~30% more efficient in fuel burn. But development and testing of this new variant may take five/six more years.

I agree that smaller Boeings and Airbuses will eventually be phased out by adoption of the A220-500, even the current A220-300 will steal sales from them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom