What's new

China congratulates India for Aero India

No one was doubting you, you idiot. I was asking why the flag looked that way.

What you are looking at is known as "Fin Flash".

In addition to the insignia displayed on the wings and fuselage, a fin flash may also be displayed on the fin. A fin flash often takes the form of vertical or slanted stripes in the same colours as the main insignia. Alternatively, a national flag may be used on the fin.

The Indian Air Force uses a vertical national colors as fin flash. Between 1947-1948 in 1:1 version and from 1948 onward in 2:3 version.

800px-IAF-Fin-Flash.svg.png

Here is a SU 30 mki tail shot.

Su-30MKI_tail.jpeg

My concern would be that many countries have a flag of a tricolore design and colours like green and orange can easily be seen as blue or redish in low light conditions. Any idea why they picked it?

My concern would be that many countries have a flag of a tricolore design and colours like green and orange can easily be seen as blue or redish in low light conditions. Any idea why they picked it?

It has more to do with tradition, once assigned you do not change symbols like these.

Also, it is just one of the many insignia that mark an aircraft as belonging to particular country.

There are other ways to identify an aircraft like

1, The roundel.

A roundel in heraldry is a disc; the term is also commonly used to refer to a type of national insignia used on military aircraft, generally circular in shape and usually comprising concentric rings of different colours.

image.png

2. Bort Number--

Something like the registration no. of vehicals. Differant countries follow different systems and hence the info this no. conveys varies from country to country.

You can see the no. "SB 115" just above the fin flash in this pic of Su 30 mki.

DSC_0039-redflag2008-su30mki.jpg

It has more to do with tradition, once assigned you do not change symbols like these.

Also, it is just one of the many insignia that mark an aircraft as belonging to particular country.

There are other ways to identify an aircraft like

1, The roundel.

A roundel in heraldry is a disc; the term is also commonly used to refer to a type of national insignia used on military aircraft, generally circular in shape and usually comprising concentric rings of different colours.

image.png

2. Bort Number--

Something like the registration no. of vehicals. Differant countries follow different systems and hence the info this no. conveys varies from country to country.

You can see the no. "SB 115" just above the fin flash in this pic of Su 30 mki.

DSC_0039-redflag2008-su30mki.jpg

The Swiss Roundel is very clever.
ch_round.gif

The enemy might be tricked into thinking that it was full of medicine instead of deadly deadly missiles.

payerne07_089xx.jpg

The Swiss Roundel is very clever.
ch_round.gif

The enemy might be tricked into thinking that it was full of medicine instead of deadly deadly missiles.

payerne07_089xx.jpg

:lol:

On the flip side, the enemy may down the aircraft first......

Enemy SAM commander to his deputy,

" Damn it, Sergei! I think we've downed an ambulance again!":eek:

ya,, he is trying to proof it is f-22,but posting pictures of indian heart sizes & chinese heart sizes what are u trying to proof?? size of your brain???

i regret that i accidentally pressed the thanks button..:tongue:

hai dil jal gya bachy ka :rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol at your thanks .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom