What's new

China Civil Aviation, AVIC (MA600) & COMAC (ARJ21/C919/C929)

Ideal regional airliners for Bangladeshi airlines.

Yes

Meantime you may consider regional ARJ 21 in the fleet before C919 which may have to take the next 2 to 3 years for various certifications

Comac is now training Chengdu Airline's pilots flying ARJ 21 here. Chengdu Airline is ARJ-21's first customer

Pilot of Chengdu Airlines flies course demonstration flight of ARJ21 aircraft for the first time__Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, Ltd.

W020140629776444021417.jpg

what about orders for the plane?
400 order on paper.

500 orders now according to the report in Paris Aviation show in June ( see the link )

国有飞机生产商中国商用飞机有限责任公司(下称中国商飞)表示,6月15日,在第51届巴黎国际航空航天博览会开幕当日,中国商飞共签订57架C919大型客机购机意向协议。C919大型客机订单数量达到500架。

国产大飞机C919订单达500架 首飞延迟到2016年|新能源|大飞机|神秘客_新浪财经_新浪网

Leap engine deliver to China for C919

Good news although the first flight has to be further delayed to 2016 from the revised plan of 2015

Last edited:
ARJ-21 is taking too much time for induction. It will loses investor interest if it still cannot enter service. I know ARJ-21 is a low priority commercial plane for AVIC but still a first jet commercial plane for China and must make a decent good impression.

ARJ-21 is taking too much time for induction. It will loses investor interest if it still cannot enter service. I know ARJ-21 is a low priority commercial plane for AVIC but still a first jet commercial plane for China and must make a decent good impression.

The ARJ-21 IS a mere exercise in modern airplane building. It needn't be commercially viable or succesful. That's the c919s job. This was just to grease the wheels, to have China design it's first 'modern' commercial airplane, and to learn how it works. The C919 will be the real test. After that, all bets are off. Widebody?

The ARJ-21 IS a mere exercise in modern airplane building. It needn't be commercially viable or succesful. That's the c919s job. This was just to grease the wheels, to have China design it's first 'modern' commercial airplane, and to learn how it works. The C919 will be the real test. After that, all bets are off. Widebody?
That should be called C929, C939, etc.

I'm calling it right now. We won't see the first flight of C919 until 2018 based on the frequent delays we're seeing today. The plane will not enter produce until 2025, by which time it will be obsolete for the market. COMAC has dropped the ball on this one, behaving like India's HAL. The project should have been given to a more reliable design bureau.

I'm calling it right now. We won't see the first flight of C919 until 2018 based on the frequent delays we're seeing today. The plane will not enter produce until 2025, by which time it will be obsolete for the market. COMAC has dropped the ball on this one, behaving like India's HAL. The project should have been given to a more reliable design bureau.

I'll take you up on that. 100 internet dollars. Kidding aside, that is indeed what happened to the arj-21, which probably won't enter service in meaningful numbers. But they've learned from it. The C919 will be a lot better. It will fly in 2016 and probably enter service before 2020. Even with China's huge leaps forward, commerical airlines are a gigantic bridge to cross. It takes time.

What nonsense are you talking abt? ARJ-21 is first just a private venture and has no government support which explain the poor management and long delay. It is only in the late stage of ARJ-21 being coporate as CPC AVIC project.

C919 is a fully AVIC CPC support project which has full blessing of the whole nation. So far, it progress most on time and first flight is still on target at end of year 2015. Do not trust flight global news. They always talk bad abt C919 project becos this plane is a massive threat to Boeing and airbus. From AVIC spokesmen, first flight is still on schedule end of year and engine has delivered already and enter important final stage assemble.

By the way I'm indeed surprised that the C919 is build using a different method in comparison to the A320 even if they manufacture themself. So far it is more or less an empty shell without any mayou systems installed prior to final assembly ...

Any images lately ??

Deino

I suspect C919 would be in atleast 3 different configurations. Promising program.
- Air Refuellers
- MPA Maritime Patrol
- AWACS/ELINT/SIGNT something like US JSTARS combination
its too small to be an air refueler

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom