What's new

China as BULLY

Bob Ong

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Monday, June 16, 2014

HOW do you contend with a bully? For a nation, it is difficult to find ways to cope with a circumstance like what the Philippines is going through right now in the West Philippine Sea or South China Sea.

The Philippines has filed a protest against China over the weekend, accusing the latter of undertaking a reclamation project in a disputed reef. This is said to be the fourth such complaint from us.

For the Philippine, China is a bully, using its size and power as a tool for harassment. China’s reclamation activities in McKeenan Reef in the Spratlys aggravate the Philippine’s diplomatic rift with that country.

The Chinese incursion into the South China Sea also affects the economic stability of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean), which has the Philippines as member. It is tantamount to “using bullying tactics against other claimants” to different parts of the said area.

The Philippine noted that China seems to be intending “to turn the tiny outcrop into an island with an airstrip.” This information is challenge enough for the other claimant-nations.

Indeed, considering the size and economic and military strength of China, how else can we call its most recent activities but bullying?

On top of this, the Philippines announced a similar challenge over Chinese reclamation at Gaven and Cuateron reefs. China previously brushed aside such protests, saying that the outcrops are part of its territory. But all four reefs that are already occupied by Chinese forces are also claimed by the Philippines.

China claims the Spratly islands, along with nearly all of the South China Sea, which contains vital sea routes and is also believed to hold large mineral resources, as its territory.

The main point here, however, is that Asean member countries that includes--along with the Philippines--Vietnam, Brunei, Malaysia, and Taiwan--have “conflicting claims to parts or all of the same territory, which has led to tense confrontations in recent years.”

This was highlighted by Vietnam’s recent clash with China that featured the ships of the two countries ramming each other in the South China Sea.

Vietnam is protesting China’s act of bringing an oil rig to an area that it (Vietnam) claims as its own.

This situation calls for meetings and negotiations among the nations involved to settle the conflicting claims of the resources that abound in the area. And it is a matter that should not just be a concern of a single nation but of all those who benefit from the God-given natural resources.

The attitude of China is essentially greed, which is contrary to the necessary human behavior of sharing what is important for our survival.

The Philippines asked a United Nation’s tribunal last March to declare China’s claim to most of the South China Sea as illegal. It is a request that is anchored on the belief that the area could not be claimed by only one nation. But China has refused to take part in the proceedings.

Roperos: China as bully | Sun.Star

----------------------------------------

China is drunk with power, and like a drunk, it has no regards for whatever the consequences of its actions may be. They just want to do what they want to do at the spur of the moment. China's leadership is a disgrace to mankind and humanity. It is being overtaken by a genetic anomaly that's wrecking havoc on nearby peaceful countries.

@Bob Ong ,

Are you a Chinese - Filipino? Your surname sounds like a Han name , which is a sharp contrast to the typical Spanish surnames of most Filipinos. If you are, can you share with me how the Chinese - Filipinos feel about the situation between Philippines and China?

I know that Philippines has a large Chinese community; around 1.5% of the Philippines is of pure Chinese ancestry , and then around 25% of the Filipino population has some Chinese ancestry. Making this country , one of the largest countries in ASEAN with a large Chinese ancestral heritage.

I was in the Philippines , particularly Cebu, several years ago and I was VERY impressed that there is a massive Chinese community, or Chinoy community in the Philippines. Actually one of my tour guides, surname is Tan, was a Chinese-Filipina. She was fluent in not only Cebuano , but also Tagalog, and also Cantonese, as well as Japanese. :lol:

Bully? LOL If you call that a bully, then what do you call the USA?

We are only building thing in our territories. It is the right of any country to build in the area they control. The Vietnamese does the same thing, developing their control island. No fear. Just normal activity.

Bully? LOL If you call that a bully, then what do you call the USA?

We are only building thing in our territories. It is the right of any country to build in the area they control. The Vietnamese does the same thing, developing their control island. No fear. Just normal activity.
Yup! Calling others bully but side with a bully. If US is saint. Why kick US out of Clarke base in 1992? Becos pinoy cant stand US bully behaviour. Contradicting statement from Pinoy.

China is drunk with power, and like a drunk, it has no regards for whatever the consequences of its actions may be. They just want to do what they want to do at the spur of the moment. China's leadership is a disgrace to mankind and humanity. It is being overtaken by a genetic anomaly that's wrecking havoc on nearby peaceful countries.

Are you peaceful? Have you forgotten the brutal murder of Taiwanese fisherman, sea pirates?

@Bob Ong ,

Are you a Chinese - Filipino? Your surname sounds like a Han name , which is a sharp contrast to the typical Spanish surnames of most Filipinos. If you are, can you share with me how the Chinese - Filipinos feel about the situation between Philippines and China?

I know that Philippines has a large Chinese community; around 1.5% of the Philippines is of pure Chinese ancestry , and then around 25% of the Filipino population has some Chinese ancestry. Making this country , one of the largest countries in ASEAN with a large Chinese ancestral heritage.
Like our current President (Aquino) and national hero (Jose Rizal) I am of Chinese ancestry, but we are proud Filipino. My mother is a mix of native Filipino Spanish and My father and most his relatives came from Fujian China in early 19th century and settled in Tarlac and all prospered and intermarried with the local population. Well honestly there are a lot of Chinese-descent Filipinos I’ve known who don't even regard themselves as Chinese, although they obviously look Chinese and they have surnames like Ng, Lim, Tan, etc.

And yes it’s true that Chinese ancestry is always a part and parcel of Filipino race. We lived together for a hundred years, we exchange culture, tradition, and therefore we will live together for another hundred or even thousand years. It's only the government to government anyway that makes the environment hostile.
I was in the Philippines , particularly Cebu, several years ago and I was VERY impressed that there is a massive Chinese community, or Chinoy community in the Philippines. Actually one of my tour guides, surname is Tan, was a Chinese-Filipina. She was fluent in not only Cebuano , but also Tagalog, and also Cantonese, as well as Japanese. :lol:
I hope you enjoy your stay in Cebu. It’s really a nice place to live. Well Chinoys will undoubtedly speak Tagalog or English, and eventually act like any other Filipino. You can't exactly get around Metro Manila or Cebu only conversing in Chinese. There are also many Chinese community in the provinces like Tacloban and Davao where they only speak the local dialect and English. Anyway hope you can comeback soon.

Are you peaceful? Have you forgotten the brutal murder of Taiwanese fisherman, sea pirates?
you better ask first your fisherman why they ramp our patrol boat and why they are in the Philippine waters? Our coastguard are not ignorant to just fired those fisherman without a reason...your fisherman catches an illegal marine species and try to bump our boat just to avoid confiscation. The victim he is not, criminal that is and deserves what he got.

Like our current President (Aquino) and national hero (Jose Rizal) I am of Chinese ancestry, but we are proud Filipino. My mother is a mix of native Filipino Spanish and My father and most his relatives came from Fujian China in early 19th century and settled in Tarlac and all prospered and intermarried with the local population. Well honestly there are a lot of Chinese-descent Filipinos I’ve known who don't even regard themselves as Chinese, although they obviously look Chinese and they have surnames like Ng, Lim, Tan, etc.

And yes it’s true that Chinese ancestry is always a part and parcel of Filipino race. We lived together for a hundred years, we exchange culture, tradition, and therefore we will live together for another hundred or even thousand years. It's only the government to government anyway that makes the environment hostile.
There are many Chinese in Philippines but there are no Filipino in China mainland. This fact indirectly tells us where the boundary of the two countries is. And it proves the nine-dashed line is reasonable.

what Philippine should do is to get out from china's water, reefs, and islands.
the first constitution of philippine has well defined its territory range, which did not include any part of SCS.

in south china sea, there is no any business of philippine until they decided to steal islands from china.

you better ask first your fisherman why they ramp our patrol boat and why they are in the Philippine waters? Our coastguard are not ignorant to just fired those fisherman without a reason...your fisherman catches an illegal marine species and try to bump our boat just to avoid confiscation. The victim he is not, criminal that is and deserves what he got.

what Philippine should do is to get out from china's water, reefs, and islands.
the first constitution of philippine has well defined its territory range, which did not include any part of SCS.

in south china sea, there is no any business of philippine until they decided to steal islands from china.
Your so-call water is Philippine front yard. Do you let others park their cars blocking the way to your door? And again you act like its yours already. Wait for the court first.

if i don't make a mistake, then i remember that there is a great deal of overlapping betwteen EEZs by both of your ************ countries.
how about the overlapping water, philippine's front yard or viet nam's rear yard?

why IQs of viet namese in thie forum become lower and lower?
Your so-call water is Philippine front yard. Do you let others park their cars blocking the way to your door? And again you act like its yours already. Wait for the court first.

Last edited by a moderator:
if i don't make a mistake, then i remember that there is a great deal of overlapping betwteen EEZs by both of your thief-and-liar countries.
how about the overlapping water, philippine's front yard or viet nam's rear yard?

why IQs of viet namese in thie forum become lower and lower?
In 1970s, the vietnam occupied a islands which Philippine had occupied, that's the island which they play football few days ago, hehe.

Just two *******, think how clean and innocent they are! Court? Let they delude theirself.

Fews months ago, it is Philippine jump up and down, now is Vietnam in almost every international occastions, I had thought vietnam was smarter than Philippine, but not, I overated vietnam.

yes, poor viet namese, i really feel sad for them, they never got a drop of oil from their EEZ, all viet namese oil are now from their 12-nautical-mile territorial water drilling.
SCS bottom is like a basin, if china finished drilling in xishan, then all oil of SCS will be drilled by china.

In 1970s, the vietnam occupied a islands which Philippine had occupied, that's the island which they play football few days ago, hehe.

Just two thieves, think how clean and innocent they are! Court? Let they delude theirself.

Fews months ago, it is Philippine jump up and down, now is Vietnam in almost every international occastions, I had thought vietnam was smarter than Philippine, but not, I overated vietnam.

Just two thieves, think how clean and innocent they are! Court? Let they delude theirself.

I thought it was Philippine taking the island from Vietnam when South VN govt collapsed. Easy to understand as most of South VN navy ran to Philippine.

Either ways, VN and Philippine can surely "talk" this over because the US will not allow a war between VN and its ally. But now as China steps in, we stop argueing to deal with China first. Because China is dangerous to 2 countries.

We have jumped up and down, but has China been silent the whole time? If anyone touches the issue of SCS, China immediately react, either lies or threatens about the issue. You say Vietnamese lies all the time. At least we don't lie about Chinese ships ramming and sinking our ships.

as usual, viet namese **** comes on time for more lies:
little kid, two facts you should know
1, philippine stole the island from ROC as ROC cannot afford the cost of a full military stationary over all SCS islands and withdrew its force from a few islands and turned to patrolling instead.
2, as south viet stolen the island from the control of philippine, it was at its best stage.

so, both philippine and viet nam are thief-and-liar states.

I thought it was Philippine taking the island from Vietnam when South VN govt collapsed. Easy to understand as most of South VN navy ran to Philippine.

Either ways, VN and Philippine can surely "talk" this over because the US will not allow a war between VN and its ally. But now as China steps in, we stop argueing to deal with China first. Because China is dangerous to 2 countries.

We have jumped up and down, but has China been silent the whole time? If anyone touches the issue of SCS, China immediately react, either lies or threatens about the issue. You say Vietnamese lies all the time. At least we don't lie about Chinese ships ramming and sinking our ships.

Back
Top Bottom