What's new

China announces $178.2 billion military budget

wow very impressive detailed analysis, did you get a chance to inspect those American/ future Chinese submarines & future aicraft engines or something? because you sound quite sure of what you said.

Public knowledge dude.

And you know something different or think China will somehow jump generations in military development?

Public knowledge dude.

And you know something different or think China will somehow jump generations in military development?
no actually I have no idea wether the type 095 will be equal, superior or inferior to the latest & greatest American submarine, or to be more exact.. no one, absolutely no one has any idea wether the type 095 will be the better one or the newest American submarines will be better.

you think that the capabilities of a top secret weapon that is only under development & has yet to enter production is considered "public knowledge"? just in what world do you live in? you claim that it's a fact that the yet to be mass produced type 095 submarine will be inferior to the latest US sub, even tough the type 095 is still under development & has yet to be mass produced, did you travel to the future or something?

no actually I have no idea wether the type 095 will be equal, superior or inferior to the latest & greatest American submarine, or to be more exact.. no one, absolutely no one has any idea wether the type 095 will be the better one or the newest American submarines will be better.

you think that the capabilities of a top secret weapon that is only under development & has yet to enter production is considered "public knowledge"? just in what world do you live in? you claim that it's a fact that the yet to be mass produced type 095 submarine will be inferior to the latest US sub, even tough the type 095 is still under development & has yet to be mass produced, did you travel to the future or something?

Oh dear, re-read my post and do some research and try to think analytically before replying.

Looks like you just are commenting without in-depth research.

China is massively behind the US in some areas. Let me explain:

1. Type-095 SSN may be targeted to get to Seawolf levels of capability. That is 25 year advantage that US has.

2. WS-15 may have the same T/W ratio as F-22s F-119 engine but without it's reliability. Assuming that WS-15 is installed by 2025, then we have 20 year gap with US and still not the reliability.

As far as engines and SSN tech is concerned the Chinese are decades behind the US.
Will take 15 to 20 years to reach near parity in technology. Nothing is impossible though, but I think its a bit harsh to think we will only reach a 25 year old seawolf tech, I am sure with advances in electronics and design tools and supercomputer simulations China can reduce the gap.

1. Type-095 SSN may be targeted to get to Seawolf levels of capability. That is 25 year advantage that US has.

2. WS-15 may have the same T/W ratio as F-22s F-119 engine but without it's reliability. Assuming that WS-15 is installed by 2025, then we have 20 year gap with US and still not the reliability.

As far as engines and SSN tech is concerned the Chinese are decades behind the US.
Do u know 095 SSN will get shaftless all electric propulsion system? So how can that be even behind Seawolf? Seawolf uses pumpjet which is a generation behind shaftless electric. Plus it will get quantum communication which ensure underwater unobstructed communication. Another generation ahead of US.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/china’s-new-type-095-submarine-threat-us-navy-143767

As for WS-15 , it's thrust ratio is same as F119.

Don't make things up without much info.

I think we are still behind with nuclear carriers, until I see one, we are still behind. We are also behind in jet engines, until I see WS15, I will not be satisfied and of course VSTOL jets. Submarines, we need 096 ASAP, if its operational, then it would be a game changer.

I think we have a 4:1 cost advantage. We can out produce the US easily and then add in 5 years for operational experience. Then we are good to go. It will take at least another 15 years to reach near parity.
I don't think we are behind nuclear carriers. Watch out for Type003A aircraft carrier.

As for WS-15, it's almost there. So not much different no matter how much money u bump in. It's just a matter of time needed to iron out small issue.

If China need to be pioneer and take lead in technology. It need CZ-9 and lots of cutting edge technology like airplane assist space venture or plasma jet engine to fulfil space planet exploration.

CZ-9 will ensure China leapfrog in rocket technology and ensure the world first Mars sample retrieve in 2024. Lunar landing is not that critical. I am ok even if happended in 2030 but the Mars sample will be first time China take lead and beat US in space exploration.

Last edited:
I don't think any country is crazy enough to start a hot war with china. China should instead focus it's resources on micro chip fab technology and next gen tech

I don't think any country is crazy enough to start a hot war with china. China should instead focus it's resources on micro chip fab technology and next gen tech
They are doing that now and the money has already allocated.

China has already been working on the third batch of the WS-15, and why you assume it would be inferior to the decades old F119?

WS15.png

And the Type 095/096 are shaftless, so it is superior to anything that the US could bring onto the table.

I don't think we are behind nuclear carriers. Watch out for Type003A aircraft carrier.

The third carrier is simply too large to be a conventional one.

The nuclear propulsion is the only option so far.

why you assume it would be inferior to the decades old F119?
I always told you; no reason; just because they don't like us :angry::angry::angry:
it seems that most foreigners (on this forum) are politically biased against chinese;
they don't want china to develop its own; especially they don't want to see our engine on our aircraft
chinese should talk with chinese based on solid evidence;
plz avoid talking to them :agree::agree::agree: otherwise you waste time

China has already been working on the third batch of the WS-15, and why you assume it would be inferior to the decades old F119?

Do you think WS-15 will come anywhere close to the reliability and lifespan of the F-119 engine?
It could match it's T/W ratio but no way it's reliability and lifespan.

2010s WS-10B is nowhere near the reliability or lifespan of an equivalent US engine from the 1990s.

And the Type 095/096 are shaftless, so it is superior to anything that the US could bring onto the table.

I do not think that China has somehow leapfrogged the US in SSN tech.

The 1990s Seawolf is still the pinnacle of SSN tech, only Astute and Virginia SSNs are comparable.

Type-095 to get to level of Seawolf/Virginia would be a good achievement by China.

China is catching up for sure but they are still a good couple of decades behind as stated by @Han Patriot.

Do you think WS-15 will come anywhere close to the reliability and lifespan of the F-119 engine?
It could match it's T/W ratio but no way it's reliability and lifespan.

2010s WS-10B is nowhere near the reliability or lifespan of an equivalent US engine from the 1990s.

I do not think that China has somehow leapfrogged the US in SSN tech.

The 1990s Seawolf is still the pinnacle of SSN tech, only Astute and Virginia SSNs are comparable.

Type-095 to get to level of Seawolf/Virginia would be a good achievement by China.

Catching is catching up for sure but they are still a good couple of decades behind as stated by @Han Patriot.
Delusion has no limit. Maybe you think US 4G is faster and better than China Huawei 5G.

If you don't know what is shaftless system for sub. I suggest you better keep your opinion to yourself. I know you are living in UK and now brainwashed with all kind of China hatre news bombarded by western media for the covid-19. You are not in correct state to give fair judgement and comment.

Will take 15 to 20 years to reach near parity in technology. Nothing is impossible though, but I think its a bit harsh to think we will only reach a 25 year old seawolf tech, I am sure with advances in electronics and design tools and supercomputer simulations China can reduce the gap.

Yes there are some areas like electronics where Type-095 will obviously be ahead but the Seawolf was in a class of it's own when it came out in the 1990s. It was a full generation ahead of anything else out there and is still an cutting-edge SSN!

China is doing well to catch up with the US/West consistently over time(it is ahead of the Russians pretty much in everything now) but there is too much optimism from Chinese pdf posters, who for obvious patriotic reasons, think that the Chinese are up there with US already.

Delusion has no limit. Maybe you think US 4G is faster and better than China Huawei 5G.

If you don't know what is shaftless system for sub. I suggest you better keep your opinion to yourself. I know you are living in UK and now brainwashed with all kind of China hatre news bombarded by western media for the covid-19. You are not in correct state to give fair judgement and comment.

Come on, you are better than that.

Try to think a little deeper at what I am trying to say. You cannot take words without looking at context.

If anyone thinks that China has magically caught up with US in SSN tech, there is more to SSN tech than propulsion btw, then they are very very optimistic bordering on thinking that magic does actually happen.

Yes there are some areas like electronics where Type-095 will obviously be ahead but the Seawolf was in a class of it's own when it came out in the 1990s. It was a full generation ahead of anything else out there and is still an cutting-edge SSN!

China is doing well to catch up with the US/West consistently over time(it is ahead of the Russians pretty much in everything now) but there is too much optimism from Chinese pdf posters, who for obvious patriotic reasons, think that the Chinese are up there with US already.

Come on, you are better than that.

Try to think a little deeper at what I am trying to say. You cannot take words without looking at context.

If anyone thinks that China has magically caught up with US in SSN tech, there is more to SSN tech than propulsion btw, then they are very very optimistic bordering on thinking that magic does actually happen.
I already give example but it just you can't accept the reality. 5G? Our beloved 055 destroyer that even trigger now coming with a new class of destroyer to replace AB flight III class.

I already give example but it just you can't accept the reality. 5G? Our beloved 055 destroyer that even trigger now coming with a new class of destroyer to replace AB flight III class.

Type-055 destroyer is probably just as good as anything that US has but that does not mean that China has reached US level of tech in SSNs.

Try to be little less nationalistic and see things for what they are - China is still decades behind the US in SSN and engine tech. It is catching up for sure but not there yet.

Back
Top Bottom