What's new

Musk calls Taiwan an 'integral part of China' and blames US for blocking 'reunification effort'

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Musk calls Taiwan an 'integral part of China' and blames US for blocking 'reunification effort'​

by Peter Cordi
September 13, 2023 04:58 PM

Elon Musk appeared to pick a side in the China-Taiwan controversy, stating that the island is “part of China” despite its push for economic and political independence from the country.

The SpaceX CEO spoke at the All-In Summit 2023 on Tuesday about various political topics ranging from criticism of the Anti-Defamation League to foreign relations. The talk was held at Royce Hall on UCLA's campus in Los Angeles.

“I think I understand China well,” said Musk, who compared Taiwan to Hawaii in that it is “an integral part of China that is arbitrarily not part of China.”

Musk noted China’s policy to “reunite” with Taiwan and shifted the blame toward the United States, claiming the U.S. has “stopped any sort of reunification effort” in the East China Sea.

He issued a warning to America, comparing the “increasing” military capabilities of China to the “static” capabilities of the U.S., noting that China’s military strength in that region will exceed the U.S. in the “not too distant future” and that “force will be used to incorporate Taiwan and China.”

“Tesla has been very successful domestically in China,” the tech mogul said. “I've been there many times, I’ve met with senior leadership at many levels of China for many years.”

Tesla’s market share of the electric vehicle industry in China reached 13.2% in August, up from 7.5% in July.

No wonder in Chinese media people call him 马斯克同志,comrade Musk

微信图片_20230914105104.png
微信图片_20230914104639.png

This is what happen when the anti-China side lies too much in their pursue of so much winning with so called "soft power".

China would get the smart people on its side, and left the motley not so for the opposite side.

Been saying it for years now, Musk is probably the most active and effective member of the CCP...

Red blooded capitalism peddling amercian uber patriots didn't want to believe it but that's the reality...

Musk calls Taiwan an 'integral part of China' and blames US for blocking 'reunification effort'​

by Peter Cordi

Elon Musk appeared to pick a side in the China-Taiwan controversy, stating that the island is “part of China” despite its push for economic and political independence from the country.

The SpaceX CEO spoke at the All-In Summit 2023 on Tuesday about various political topics ranging from criticism of the Anti-Defamation League to foreign relations. The talk was held at Royce Hall on UCLA's campus in Los Angeles.

“I think I understand China well,” said Musk, who compared Taiwan to Hawaii in that it is “an integral part of China that is arbitrarily not part of China.”

Musk noted China’s policy to “reunite” with Taiwan and shifted the blame toward the United States, claiming the U.S. has “stopped any sort of reunification effort” in the East China Sea.

He issued a warning to America, comparing the “increasing” military capabilities of China to the “static” capabilities of the U.S., noting that China’s military strength in that region will exceed the U.S. in the “not too distant future” and that “force will be used to incorporate Taiwan and China.”

“Tesla has been very successful domestically in China,” the tech mogul said. “I've been there many times, I’ve met with senior leadership at many levels of China for many years.”

Tesla’s market share of the electric vehicle industry in China reached 13.2% in August, up from 7.5% in July.

Although I am not Chinese, I support Chinese reunification.

There needs to be alternatives to USA.

Been saying it for years now, Musk is probably the most active and effective member of the CCP...

Red blooded capitalism peddling amercian uber patriots didn't want to believe it but that's the reality...
This is why on the Chinese social media, he is being called " comrade Musk"

maxresdefault.jpg

by Peter Cordi

You know he sells cars? Do you believe everything a car salesman tells you? Besides, he is so wrong.Taiwan is nothing like Hawaii, Taiwan and the mainland clash ideologically ( Nationalist Guomindang v Communist) and the conquest of Taiwan is unfinished business for the CCP.

You know he sells cars? Do you believe everything a car salesman tells you? Besides, he is so wrong.Taiwan is nothing like Hawaii, Taiwan and the mainland clash ideologically ( Nationalist Guomindang v Communist) and the conquest of Taiwan is unfinished business for the CCP.
I do know what he says carry more weight than yours.

Now he's just a car salesman...

Up until a few months ago he was an uber genius who build world's first electric vehicle all by himself while also building a big a$$ rocket in his garage...

How the mighty have fallen...

Now he's just a car salesman...

Up until a few months ago he was an uber genius who build world's first electric vehicle all by himself while also building a big a$$ rocket in his garage...

How the mighty have fallen...
Did I ever call him a genius? Besides, genius doesn’t transcend all knowledge domains. Pretty sure Albert Einstein didn’t know a thing about genealogy, geology, gynecology or Gazpacho…

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom