What's new

China ‘very displeased’ with Japan’s White Paper

aimarraul

Reaction score
China ‘very displeased’ with Japan’s White Paper
08:24, August 04, 2011

China’s central government said it is very displeased with Japan’s making categorically irresponsible remarks that China’s ongoing defense modernization would hamper its neighbors.

The 2011 Japan Defense White Paper, made public on Tuesday, criticized China’s defense ability buildup. The report said: “Given the modernization of China’s naval and air forces in recent years, its sphere of influence is likely to grow beyond its neighboring waters.”

“It is expected that China will try to keep expanding the area of activities, and to make naval activities a routine practice in waters surrounding Japan including the East China Sea and the Pacific Ocean, as well as in the South China Sea," the White Paper said.

The report, approved by Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan's cabinet, described China's stance in its maritime territorial disputes with its neighbors as "assertive".

Ma Zhaoxu, a spokesperson of China’s Foreign Ministry, told reporters that China is strongly dissatisfied with Japan's 2011 defense white paper, as it contains irresponsible comments on China's national defense construction.

"The Japanese 2011 defense white paper made carping and irresponsible comments on China's national defense construction," Ma said.

Ma said China's reinforcement of national defense and military modernization drive is entirely for safeguarding China’s sovereignty, national security and territorial integrity, not targeting any other country.

"China's development is offering significant opportunities to all countries in the world including Japan," Ma said. "China has not, and will never be a threat to any other country".

"I hope Japan can learn from the past, seriously reflect on its own defense policy and do more to deepen mutual trust with neighboring countries, maintain regional peace and stability, while not the contrary," Ma added.

Japan better be scared.

I visited Japan recently and all their street signs are in Chinese, which makes it very easy for the PLA when they capture the country.

Japan once a vassal state of China, now a vassal state of the US and will soon become yet again China's vassal state.

This is the Japanese way to smoothly change from a passive defence to an active defence, which bareboned means, they are changing to an offensive capable defence force.

You could read the Japanese signboard, not because it was in Chinese, but because it was in Kanji

Kanji (help·info) (漢字?) are the adopted logographic Chinese characters hanzi (Chinese: 漢字; pinyin: hànzì)[1] that are used in the modern Japanese writing system along with hiragana (ひらがな, 平仮名), katakana (カタカナ, 片仮名), Indo Arabic numerals, and the occasional use of the Latin alphabet (known as "rōmaji"). The Japanese term kanji (漢字) for the Chinese characters literally means "Han characters"[2] and is the same written term in the Chinese language to refer to the character writing system hanzi (漢字).[3] wiki

It is not because the Japanese are scared.

Japan took on the World in WWII.

That would hardly indicate that they scare easily.

Imagination is rife!

They should be,after what they did with east asian countries.

Not just East Asian countries, but also Southeast Asian countries. Basically, all of Asia wants a piece of Japan. Luckily Japan sits nicely on the lap of the US.

As the balance of power shifts from the west to the east Japan is starting to feel shaky.

They should be,after what they did with east asian countries in wwII.

Not just East Asian countries, but also Southeast Asian countries. Basically, all of Asia wants a piece of Japan. Luckily Japan sits nicely on the lap of the US.

As the balance of power shifts from the west to the east Japan is starting to feel shaky.

There are no permanent friends or enemies, there are only permanent interests.

That is why the US and Vietnam undertook the Naval Exercises in the South China Sea.

Strange, but true.

That's what i meant including southeast asians occupation.China and Korea were still the hardest hit nations.
In a sense, Americans suppressing their military ambitions is kinda good.

Chinavietnam said:

As the balance of power shifts from the west to the east Japan is starting to feel shaky

That is why the US and Vietnam undertook the Naval Exercises in the South China Sea.

Strange, but true.
Yep, No reason for VietNam to hate Japan now, WW 2 was over for long time already, Japan also too far from VIetNam, can not make any harm to us, so we will boost the relationship with Japan and learn many good things from them.:cheers:

Strange, but true.

Couldn't agree more

Smaller nations that sides with either party will be the biggest loser.Neutral is the way to go with the big boys and wait for the best outcome.

Japan better be scared.

I visited Japan recently and all their street signs are in Chinese, which makes it very easy for the PLA when they capture the country.

Japan once a vassal state of China, now a vassal state of the US and will soon become yet again China's vassal state.

That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever read on PDF:rofl:

Yep, No reason for VietNam to hate Japan now, WW 2 was over for long tiem already, Japan also too far from VIetNam, can not make any harm to us, so we will boost the relationship with Japan and learn many good thing from them.:cheers:

Japan was an ocean away from the US but that didn't stop them.

In today's age, no place is too far.

Why are you guys picking on japan?? That country is going from one disaster into another and I am quite sure they learned a very very valuable lesson in WWII "Hiroshima and Nagasaki" They wont be attacking anyone for decades to come if not for centuries to come.

Don't get me wrong though I am somewhat pro-Chinese but I do not like "occupying"

If China has historical problem with Japan, It doesn't mean all countries will have same problem. Japan still feel same for China but not for other countries. Things changed.

US used Nuke against Japan, Still Today US is the best friend of Japan. India, SK, Vietnam, Asean, Europe all having good relation with Japan. I personally respect Japanese for Innovation and Technology. An small Island is worth more than Latin America. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom