What's new

Children of the Indus

If Indus civilization indeed belongs to Pakistan, why hasn't the Pakistani community produced a Srinivas Ramanujam (mathematician) or M. Visvesvaraya (an eminent engineer)?

If Pakistanis bring up the example of Abdus Salam, let me state that Nobel Prize is often about politics than good work in science. Pakistanis don't believe Indians. So quoting some Western source criticizing Abdus Salam.

This is what Luciano Bertochhi, former deputy director of ICTP had to say about Salam:

"This is the story of my relations with Abdus Salam, which were quite close for almost thirty years, and very intense for the last twenty. The first time I heard the name of Salam was in the fall of 1956, when as a young student, I was preparing my Italian Master thesis on dispersion relations. My supervisor gave me a copy of the lecture notes on dispersion relations which had been delivered by Salam at Rochester. These were hand-written notes – they appear in the list of his publications kept at our library as publication no. 24 – and the way they were written was very typical of Salam's approach and style.

Even for formulae, although the beginning and the final result were correct, the intermediate passages were full of mistakes; but the final result was right. This was typical of Salam: to be able to pick up, in physics as well as all other domains, the most important points and to look at them very carefully, neglecting the less important details, provided the final result was correct."

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0011/001190/119078Eb.pdf
:omghaha:
Bhai... this thread is about IVC - not some random mathematicians who appeared thousands of years after.

You guys are getting desperate by the day and finding the most stupid and unrelated excuses to try and attempt to claim our history. Just like how black nationalists try to claim ancient Carthage and Egypt.

You Gangas have been debunked by history, genetics, geography and so much more - yet you still dwelve in RSS stories. You drool over the Indus while your own holy Ganges has been transformed into a polluted shitpool

:omghaha:
Bhai... this thread is about IVC - not some random mathematicians who appeared thousands of years after.

You guys are getting desperate by the day and finding the most stupid and unrelated excuses to try and attempt to claim our history. Just like how black nationalists try to claim ancient Carthage and Egypt.

You Gangas have been debunked by history, genetics, geography and so much more - yet you still dwelve in RSS stories. You drool over the Indus while your own holy Ganges has been transformed into a polluted shitpool
Srinivasa Ramanujan is not any random mathematician. He is highly regarded all over the world. Just as Viswanathan Anand is highly regarded all over the world.

Srinivasa Ramanujan is not any random mathematician. He is highly regarded all over the world. Just as Viswanathan Anand is highly regarded all over the world.
I don't even know who the are, hell I can't even pronounce their names. No one in the US knows know they are. Even if they were 'highly regarded' - they have nothing to do with IVC. They were probably born a thousand miles from anywhere near the Indus. Stop bringing in unrelated subjects in a poor attempt to claim the IVC.

I don't even know who the are, hell I can't even pronounce their names. No one in the US knows know they are. Even if they were 'highly regarded' - they have nothing to do with IVC. They were probably born a thousand miles from anywhere near the Indus. Stop bringing in unrelated subjects in a poor attempt to claim the IVC.
They are not as unrelated as you think.

Now you agree that IVC is a great engineering feat and today's modern Indians show such engineering talent. Thus the two topics are one and the same. In fact when Visveswaraiah contributed his engineering skills to water works of Sukkur, he had actually returned to the place which was part of his ancestor's home.

By the way, you haven't heard of Vishy Anand and Srinivas Ramanujan? Really? Are you modern day Robinson Crusoe or what? Cut off from contact with humans?

I don't even know who they are
Either junglee Ganga's or Dravids - take your pick, makes little differance. But what will be common between both is the need to come to the Indus valley in hope that some of the gold dust rubs off on them. They can't exactly lick Mesopotamia or Egypt - too far so they find the nearest motherlode of civilzation and that would be our motherland - the Indus Valley.

kufr jaahils
All were "kufr jaahils" and that even includes the prophets (pbuh) ancestors. However what marks our "kufr jaahils" from others is they laid cradle of civilization. That is source of pride - right under our feet. The dirt we walk on is riddled with history and bones of our ancestors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rehman_Dheri
http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/1876/

This map (below) says it all. Pakistan, the mighty Indus weaving it's way along the entire length of the country and joining all the provinces of Pakistan. The ancient sites straddling both sides of the Indus and with rather appropriately the modern capital of Pakistan Islamabad, adjacent to the ancient Indus.

fgMJeKc.png

Last edited:
Either junglee Ganga's or Dravids - take your pick, makes little differance. But what will be common between both is the need to come to the Indus valley in hope that some of the gold dust rubs off on them. They can't exactly lick Mesopotamia or Egypt - too far so they find the nearest motherlode of civilzation and that would be our motherland - the Indus Valley.

The first paper your Abdus Salam published was based on Ramanujan's work. It was titled: 'Problem of Ramanujan'.

Vishwanathan Anand is the guy who has held the world's no. 2 Chess player title CONTINUOUSLY for at least 25 years!

And you say nobody in US knows them.

It is preposterous to suggest that during such a long period of 5000 years, only negligible degree of mass movement of people took place from either Indus region towards the East or from East towards the Indus or from far West towards Indus region.

A case in point is the location of Brahui community. Brahui language is said to be a Dravidian language. How did it end up as far as Pakistani Baluchistan, Iranian Baluchistan and Afghanistan?

@abcxyz0000 For all your boasts, out of a monumental sized population you have only produced Ramnajuan a brilliant mathematician but by no means the greatest in the 20th century let alone of all time......I have an interesting theory as to why the bookworming southerners are not at the forefront of engineering or science , even their IIT students get exposed at better western institution, my theory is as follows, it may be correct it may not be yet i find it most interesting, I have read articles about how head circumference affects intelligence and memory, people who were prone to dementia and alzeimer disease tend to have foreheads which have smaller circumference and tend to have smaller brain,,,I have seen enough southerners in UAE, the thing I noticed about them is that they have very small heads compared to folks from the North ie Sikhs or Pak folks, I am honestly not trying to bait you into a trollfest,,,,like I said smaller heads may not necessarily mean inferior intelligence, but their are erudite scientists who believe it does and make no mistake about it you southerners on average seeming to have foreheads which are less in circumference.Kudos
@Kaptaan @Zibago

So Django, let me get it right - they are small up there and small down there as well? I don't know which of the two is worse?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6161691.stm hahahhahaha:lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

@abcxyz0000 The truth is men from the Indus region are physcially bigger and better, I suspect their intellect may be higher and accroding to IQ studies Pak scored higher than India despite having a population which is generally less exposed to education, I think the southerners dragged the H!ndian number down, I suspect the northerners were of comparable intelligence

No one has even heard of Viswanathan Anand hahahahahhahahahaaaaa.

Very interesting thread and I will have to read thru. But as I go thru the initial posts I find it ironic that in one sentence he would use the term 'realistic' and with the next sentence take that huge flight of fancy to credit Mir Qasim as founding Pakistan. Obviously this is a conceptual link of Pakistan to the advent of Muslims to India but then that only fortifies the author's own initial dilemma of more muslims in India than in Pakistan. Highly worthwhile read though so far, to understand what intellectual Pakistanis go through to get to their 'Pakistanihood'.

No one has even heard of Viswanathan Anand hahahahahhahahahaaaaa.
Conversely, could there be any distinguished Pakistanis about which Indians are oblivious? Throw light on it.

Anyway, it's surprising that any educated person having plenty of access to internet and who travels across countries would not have heard of Vishy Anand. I thought it's like adult not knowing what sun and moon are.

Conversely, could there be any distinguished Pakistanis about which Indians are oblivious? Throw light on it.

Anyway, it's surprising that any educated person having plenty of access to internet and who travels across countries would not have heard of Vishy Anand. I thought it's like adult not knowing what sun and moon are.
The only H!ndian who was at the forefront of his field was Ramnajuan and no I am not aware of some obscure engineer from Gangadesh.Kudos man from the south.

The only H!ndian who was at the forefront of his field was Ramnajuan and no I am not aware of some obscure engineer from Gangadesh.Kudos man form the south.
You didn't get the question. I asked about PAKISTANIS who were/are at the forefront of their field. Just as you are unaware about Anand, who knows we, Indians too may be unaware about Pakistan's counterpart of Anand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom