What's new

Children of the Indus

We don't have to claim something which we have been following since last thousands of years.
Levina, my old flame, if you don't even know what you have been following, for the last thousand years, how in the hell are you in a position to even claim anything?

Your first Prime Minister Nehru could not even struggled to define what was being followed at the present. Let alone thousand years.

""Hinduism is 'all things to all men"

Get your head checked. Noone says that there was always a political entity called India in the past. India is the the whole south asian land mass which shared same culture throughout its history. In this landmass of common culture, there have been kingdoms which were small and there have been kingdoms which encompassed even lands as far as afghanistan, burma, SE Asia.
So, get this fact drilled on your head. When we talk of India, it is the ancient cultural entity we are talking about. Present political India is half of real cultural, ancient India. We are the cultural inheritors of India. The land of Sindhu and Ganga. You are just desert dwelling arab wannabes who take pride in foreign culture instead of native Indian culture.

Mr. Sharma you aren't getting it, are you? THERE WAS NO ANCIENT INDIA TO BEGIN WITH .PERIOD
Now first clear your delusions of ancient India and then we'll talk. Repetition of same thing doesn't make it credible

India is the the whole south asian land mass which shared same culture throughout its history

:o: kill me.

You are just desert dwelling arab wannabes who take pride in foreign culture instead of native Indian culture.

Plz spare me these mumbo-jumbos . I won't let a guy from asaam on nagaland to dictate me what I should believe about the land on which my ancestors were living for centuries

@Kaptaan

Another text which gives a listing of these shrines, is the Shakthi Peetha Stotram, written by Adi Shankara, the 9th-century Hindu philosopher.[10]

Too bad Adi Shankara the great sage didn't consider the Indus Basin as part of his Holy Bharat Mata and didn't make it a part of his four main mathas :( I think he didn't like us.

chaar-dham_sm.jpg

(I dont understand much of that but I am still putting it all together: my current interest is to know the progression of people from the ancient Babylon/Sumer towards east via Andronovo culture, Mehrgar, Harappa and the Vedic age )

I dont think anyone relates the people or culture of Ancient Sumeria/Babylon with that of the Andronovo-BMAC one. Also, Mehrgarh pre-dated Sumeria and Andronovo by a couple of thousand years, you're mixing up the dates here.

parts of Pakistan have been together with India centuries before Islamism spread through Pakistan.

Islamism is word used for modern day radical movements and terrorists, I'd advise you to refrain from using that. And for the vast majority of it's history, as it's constantly been written about above in great detail, the Indus Basin has been seperate from the Gangetic and Dravidic (South of Vindhyas) regions. It's just simple fact. Deal with it.

The area that is now Pakistan was actually filled with temples, peoples with vedic scriptures and knwledge as their religious base for most of the time before the advent of islam. the holy pillgrimages of these peoples included parts of Pakistan. so they already knew their history and did not have to wait "Until they found out Harappa, Mohenjo Daro, Mehr Garh are in, well Pakistan."

I am interested to see what you know about the following:
Before the advent of Islam in Pakistan, what do you think were the beliefs of the people in that area were? you might want to say Buddhism alone.. what about before that?

The people followed different creeds, Buddhism had a large presence (it had a major presence in Gangetic India as well before elimination by the Gupta Brahmanics around 1st century), along with different Vedic cults. Look at the folk religion of the Kalash people for an example. There was a form of ancestor worship known as Jathera present as well.
Anyway, the argument based on religion is flawed because:

a) It can be used to justify sameness with MENA (Middle East and North Africa) since they are Muslims as well.

b) Hinduism isnt the name of an actual religion. It was a name given by the British to different and varying beliefs/cults of people living in their conquered territories in the 19th century.

"Hinduism, as a faith, is vague, amorphous, many-sided, all things to all men. It is hardly possible to define it, or indeed to say definitely whether it is a religion or not, in the usual sense of the word.” [Jawaharlal Nehru, The Discovery of India, New Delhi, 1983, p.75]

“Frankly speaking, it is not possible to say definitely who is a Hindu and what Hinduism is. These questions have been considered again and again by eminent scholars, and so far no satisfactory answer has been given.” [Swami Dharma Theertha, History of Hindu Imperialism, Madras, 1992, p. 178]

“Hinduism defies definition… It has no specific creed.” [Khushwant Singh, India: An Introduction, New Delhi, 1990, p. 19]

“The more Hinduism is considered, the more difficult it becomes to define it in a single phrase… A Hindu may have any religious belief or none.” [Percival Spear, India: A Modern History, Michigan, 1961, p.40]

Did you know that the gods of Ancient Iran, and Ancient India were the same? this shows the continuation of peoples from Iran to India and beyond. Pakistan is smack in the middle of this it was more a cultural center of these people.

They werent the same. There was similarity and overlap between the Avestan of Iran and the Rig Veda of the Indus Basin. Indra and Mithra were the common gods. The term India itself has had different meanings and connotations in different time periods and should be viewed with historic context. I believe Kaptaan has made a thoroughly detailed and informative post about the meaning and connotations of the word India in different time periods.

The Rig-Veda itself was formed at the Indus Basin, Sapta Sindhu (Land of the Seven Rivers as its called) circa 1500 BC. This was a time when Gangetic India and Dravidic India were still uncivilized regions and were forested. They were only civilized in the Middle Iron Age period (800-500 BC) when proper axes were invented to cut down its thick forested cover. It didnt have much part in the period that you are discussing.

vendidadnations.jpg

The Avestani Iranians knew this land and had some overlap with this land:

Northern valley of the seven Indus rivers** (Upper Indus Basin)
Gandhara (Waihind)***, Punjab and Kashmir in N. Pakistan.

This is the region that was mentioned as part of the sixteen lands of the Iranian Vendidad, not the 'India' that you are thinking i.e Gangetic and Dravidic Land.

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/aryans/airyanavaeja.htm

Last edited:
Levina, my old flame, if you don't even know what you have been following, for the last thousand years, how in the hell are you in a position to even claim anything?

Frankly @Kaptaan , I'm glad that you take pride in your links with IVC. Hats off to you!
It's people like you who have kept Mohanjodaro and Harappa alive among your people.
Not so long back Haroon Khalid,a Pakistani, confessed in his book (In search of SHIVA), that religious parties within Pakistan such as Jamaat-i-Islami have in the past claimed that these archaeological sites have nothing to do with the Pakistani civilisation, terming them as belonging to the zamana-e-jahalliya, a time period before the advent of Islam when human civilisation was lost in the ignoble state of ignorance and darkness. They even suggested that instead of unearthing the secrets of these cities, Pakistanis should rather fill them up again as humanity has nothing to learn from that ignoble time period.
Au contraire, Pakistanis like you must be rightly rewarded for trying to like Pakistan back to its Sanatana dharma roots.
Your politicians have also shown their ignorance and paid no heed to the fact that these sites should be preserved.
If I'm not wrong, it was Bilawal Bhutto whose election campaign ended up destroying a part of Harappa.
Such sites are precious but alas! not many understand this.

Despite the historical inaccuracies in your posts, I respect you for spreading the awareness about these sites.
I mean come to think of it, your people were at the verge of delinking themselves from the "cradle of civilisation", for they do not want to be linked with Sanatana dharma anymore.

Now to answer your question- how is my country linked to IVC?
Tree worship and offerings of mud toys to a shrine, some traditions which have often been mocked by your brethren, have actually been linked to IVC era. :)
The famous shiva stamp is nothing but a reminder of how prevalent Santana dharma was during IVC's hay days.
Anyways, I'm not here to hijack this thread, but to pat your back.
Keep it up @Kaptaan im proud of you. lol

@Levina The same religious groups were the ones who opposed creation of Pakistan so no surprises there. And that so called Shiva stamp means what exactly? You are aware that Swastika has been found as far away as Europe. Therefore this Shiva stamp (as if that is a Shiva in the first place - retrofiting again) means nothing.

And we don't want to de link or link with Sana what ever. It means nothing. Even those who follow it today don't know what it is and they have galls to say they see traces of it from 5,000 years ago. Read again what Nehru said or your supreme court. The definition is so loose as to mean anything can be manipulated. it is as good as me asking what shape liquid is. It will take whatever shape it is poured into. With this elasticity anything can be claimed.

That is all subjective. What is fact is that Indus/Abasin/Hendosh is river of epic importance to world history as much if not more than Nile or Tigris/Euphrates or Yellow River. Each of these rivers has nourished a civiization and today still supports a nation. Indus of course is Pakistan. Both are two sides of the same coin. No Indus and Pakistan would shrivel into dry baked desert. This is fact.

And all the best to Mother Ganges .... from Father Indus !

@Levina The same religious groups were the ones who opposed creation of Pakistan so no surprises there.
Come again?
I thought these religious groups were the impetus behind division of India.
And that so called Shiva stamp means what exactly? You are aware that Swastika has been found as far away as Europe.
Blunder!!!
Swastika is NOT shiva.
Or are you trying to deviate from the topic in hand?
And we don't want to de link or link with Sana what ever. It means nothing.
Conciously-unconsciously you guys are getting back to your roots. Isn't that incredible!
To me, you're a dove with an olive branch. :)
Read again what Nehru said or your supreme court. The definition is so loose as to mean anything can be manipulated. it is as good as me asking what shape liquid is. It will take whatever shape it is poured into. With this elasticity anything can be claimed
RE-READ what you've posted.
You must understand Sanatana dharma to understand the legacy of Harappa and Mohenjodaro. Strerch your imagination @Kaptaan . Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. Sanatana dharma is not a religion but a set of rules, an eternal order. Even an atheist can be a Hindu if he lives by these rules. I'm not surprised that you don't understand something so simple. You've a habit of complicating things for yourself. Lol
No Indus and Pakistan would shrivel into dry baked desert. This is fact
Finally!
I'm glad you've confessed it.
In your own words you've accepted why a claim on IVC is imperative to you.
all the best to Mother Ganges .... from Father Indus !
Once again, you've hinted at something which has been at the heart of Sanatana dharma- fertility.
Guess what? Shiva is a symbol of fertility.

Last edited:
Too bad Adi Shankara the great sage didn't consider the Indus Basin as part of his Holy Bharat Mata and didn't make it a part of his four main mathas :( I think he didn't like us.

chaar-dham_sm.jpg

have you looked at the sites that are called the peices where the holy spirit (shakthi) of Rg Vedic people landed? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakti_Peetha - check the map - includes Baluchistan province of Pakistan.

here is the image of the locations:
1785916.jpg

I dont think anyone relates the people or culture of Ancient Sumeria/Babylon with that of the Andronovo-BMAC one. Also, Mehrgarh pre-dated Sumeria and Andronovo by a couple of thousand years, you're mixing up the dates here.
Mehrgar : founded 7000 BC, abandoned 2600 BC
Sumer : Uruk (earliest city: founded 4000 BC - continued atleast 1500 BC)
Andronovo: from 2000 BC to 900 BC

there is a clear overlap there for atleast a few millenia between them

Islamism is word used for modern day radical movements and terrorists, I'd advise you to refrain from using that. And for the vast majority of it's history, as it's constantly been written about above in great detail, the Indus Basin has been seperate from the Gangetic and Dravidic (South of Vindhyas) regions. It's just simple fact. Deal with it.
Dont know about the dravidic, but it is not separate from Gangetic. the culture of anceint peoples of Indus and Ganges is the same (loads of proofs for it)

The people followed different creeds, Buddhism had a large presence (it had a major presence in Gangetic India as well before elimination by the Gupta Brahmanics around 1st century), along with different Vedic cults.
how or where did you get that term "Brahmanics"? you just made it up and decided it? the rg veda mentions one of the earliest "brahman" as the "ultimate reality" (A sigularity - if you will). and that is much older than 1st century and even older than Buddhism. BY that logic, Gupta "brahmanics" were only going back to the roots that started during Rg vedic period (and since Gupta period I see is well integrated into Gangetic plain, as well as connected to the Rg vedic people, you got your continuity over there itself) (sorry I burst your bubble there). @Levina would probably have a chuckle. Please note the inclusion of parts of Pakistan area as well.
994px-Gupta_empire_map.png

for reference, the above map is at 3 century CE.

the map at 3 BC is as below:
Chandragupta_Empire_320_BC.png

Look at the folk religion of the Kalash people for an example. There was a form of ancestor worship known as Jathera present as well.
Anyway, the argument based on religion is flawed because:

a) It can be used to justify sameness with MENA (Middle East and North Africa) since they are Muslims as well.

b) Hinduism isnt the name of an actual religion. It was a name given by the British to different and varying beliefs/cults of people living in their conquered territories in the 19th century.

"Hinduism, as a faith, is vague, amorphous, many-sided, all things to all men. It is hardly possible to define it, or indeed to say definitely whether it is a religion or not, in the usual sense of the word.” [Jawaharlal Nehru, The Discovery of India, New Delhi, 1983, p.75]

“Frankly speaking, it is not possible to say definitely who is a Hindu and what Hinduism is. These questions have been considered again and again by eminent scholars, and so far no satisfactory answer has been given.” [Swami Dharma Theertha, History of Hindu Imperialism, Madras, 1992, p. 178]

“Hinduism defies definition… It has no specific creed.” [Khushwant Singh, India: An Introduction, New Delhi, 1990, p. 19]

“The more Hinduism is considered, the more difficult it becomes to define it in a single phrase… A Hindu may have any religious belief or none.” [Percival Spear, India: A Modern History, Michigan, 1961, p.40]
that doesnt mean that the cultures of the people practicing Hinduism is different. What the above means is that "Hinduism" cannot be defined by the same way as an Abrahamic faith (hence the mystery of the east for many of us)
They werent the same. There was similarity and overlap between the Avestan of Iran and the Rig Veda of the Indus Basin. Indra and Mithra were the common gods. The term India itself has had different meanings and connotations in different time periods and should be viewed with historic context. I believe Kaptaan has made a thoroughly detailed and informative post about the meaning and connotations of the word India in different time periods.
your very own timeline of "BUdhism" and then "Gupta Brahmanics" gives clear continuation between Rg vedic Indus and the Gangetic plains.

The Rig-Veda itself was formed at the Indus Basin, Sapta Sindhu (Land of the Seven Rivers as its called) circa 1500 BC. This was a time when Gangetic India and Dravidic India were still uncivilized regions and were forested. They were only civilized in the Middle Iron Age period (800-500 BC) when proper axes were invented to cut down its thick forested cover. It didnt have much part in the period that you are discussing.

vendidadnations.jpg

The Avestani Iranians knew this land and had some overlap with this land:

Northern valley of the seven Indus rivers** (Upper Indus Basin)
Gandhara (Waihind)***, Punjab and Kashmir in N. Pakistan.

This is the region that was mentioned as part of the sixteen lands of the Iranian Vendidad, not the 'India' that you are thinking i.e Gangetic and Dravidic Land.

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/aryans/airyanavaeja.htm

<sarcasm on> sure, there is nothing between ancient Iranian and Ancient Indian. The similarity of their gods, their similarity of culture is all just an overlap <sarcasm off>

@Tergon18 Great stuff. I would love to give you +rating but can't. Indeed I would pefer if you had my TTC. I look forward more from your contribution in this section. Again respect. I will email you later ....

Please see the rebuttal - you can still thank him though .

Come again?
I thought these religious groups were the impetus behind division of India.

Division of British Colonial India, union formed by British guns.

Blunder!!!
Swastika is NOT shiva.
Or are you trying to deviate from the topic in hand?

No serious historian connects the sitting male figure found in Mohenjodaro to Shiva or some sort of proto-Shiva.
Writing in 2002, Gregory L. Possehl concluded that while it would be appropriate to recognize the figure as a deity, its association with the water buffalo, and its posture as one of ritual discipline, regarding it as a proto-Shiva would "go too far."[18]
Shiva was a Vedic Indo-Aryan deity which had nothing to do with IVC.
And lots of Hindootvas try to claim that IVC was some form of proto-Hindu civilization due to Swastikas being found there, conviniently forgetting that the same are found in Eastern Europe and Ural Mountains as well.

RE-READ what you've posted.
You must understand Sanatana dharma to understand the legacy of Harappa and Mohenjodaro. Strerch your imagination @Kaptaan . Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. Sanatana dharma is not a religion but a set of rules, an eternal order. Even an atheist can be a Hindu if he lives by these rules. I'm not surprised that you don't understand something so simple. You've a habit of complicating things for yourself. Lol

And, regarding Sanatan Dharma, it's a very vague term and can denote any religion since Hinduism isnt one. Hardly anyone used this term and Zoroastrianism, Buddhism etc. can be called that as well: (from wiki)
>The term was popularized by Mahatma Gandhi in 1921.[2]
Again, whatever you consider Hinduism to be isnt connected with IVC at all and was brought in by the Rig-Vedic Indo-Aryans, who came after the decline of IVC.

Finally!
I'm glad you've confessed it.
In your own words you've accepted why a claim on IVC is imperative to you.

Lol, no. He's merely saying that without the Indus River (not ancient civilization), and its tributaries the Indus Plain would be a dry deserted area instead of an agricultural plain as it is now. Read properly before you put your tin foil Hindootva hat on.

have you looked at the sites that are called the peices where the holy spirit (shakthi) of Rg Vedic people landed? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakti_Peetha - check the map - includes Baluchistan province of Pakistan.

here is the image of the locations:

Where the Rig Vedic people landed? Lol, they didnt come from Mars. These peethas arent connected with the Rig-Vedic period or people (which flourished around 1500 BC), and was centered in the Indus Basin (Sapta Sindhu) which these peethas gleefully ignore.
So out 56 different peethas, all concentrated in the Gangetic or Dravidic regions, only one token site in the Southern Makran coast far off in whats now Balochistan? You are actually proving my point.
And I wasnt talking about these peethas in the first place, try to stay on topic. I was talking about the four main mathas of Adi Shankara (Shakaracharaya) which he had formed in his land, none of which were in the Indus Basin. Westernmost in Dwarka, Gujarat, Northernmost in Uttarakhand, Southernmost in Karnataka and Easternmost in Bengal. He didnt even consider us as part of Holy Bharat Mata. I'm offended :(

Mehrgar : founded 7000 BC, abandoned 2600 BC
Sumer : Uruk (earliest city: founded 4000 BC - continued atleast 1500 BC)
Andronovo: from 2000 BC to 900 BC

I wasnt necessarily talking about the time periods only, I was talking about your vision about the progression of people from Sumeria to Mehrgarh via Andronovo, and some sort of supposed continuity between these people, which no one sees. Mehrgarh was mainly an Early Neolithic site and predates both Andronovo-BMAC and Sumeria by a couple of thousand years.
What sort of continuity or progression do you propose between these regions?
Sumeria:

sumeria-and-early-mesopotamia-11-638.jpg

Andronovo

Andronovo-cultural-complex-map.jpg

Mehrgarh-IVC

Indus_Valley_Civilization,_Early_Phase_(3300-2600_BCE)-1.png

Dont know about the dravidic, but it is not separate from Gangetic. the culture of anceint peoples of Indus and Ganges is the same (loads of proofs for it)

How are you supposed to say that culture of Ancient people of the Indus and Ganges is the same, when during the Ancient period that you are talking about, the Gangetic regions wasnt even civilized or had any culture in the first place. This is true both for IVC and for the Rig-Vedic period, both primarily based in the Indus Basin. Thr Gangetic Region only got civilized in the Middle Iron Age (800-500 BC) when proper axes were invented to cut down its thick forested cover. Your remark therefore, more than anything, is hilarious.

how or where did you get that term "Brahmanics"? you just made it up and decided it? the rg veda mentions one of the earliest "brahman" as the "ultimate reality" (A sigularity - if you will). and that is much older than 1st century and even older than Buddhism. BY that logic, Gupta "brahmanics" were only going back to the roots that started during Rg vedic period (and since Gupta period I see is well integrated into Gangetic plain, as well as connected to the Rg vedic people, you got your continuity over there itself) (sorry I burst your bubble there). @Levina would probably have a chuckle.

Brahmanics, Brahmins call them whatever you like. I wasnt talking about the Rig-Vedic period now, honestly learn to understand context and time periods. No ones arguing for Buddhism to predate the Rig-Vedic period either, what are you on about?
As for going back to their roots, the Guptas most definitely were not since their region of Bihar had absolutely nothing to do with the Rig-Vedic period or civilization. If anything, they were adopting the foreign roots of the Indus Basin (Sapta Sindhu, land of the Rig Vedics). In addition to Levina, I would have a chuckle as well on this.

Please note the inclusion of parts of Pakistan area as well.

for reference, the above map is at 3 century CE.

the map at 3 BC is as below:

The Guptas never ruled west of the Sutlej. The land was in contention between them and the Sassanids and changed hands. Only a few parts of Easternmost Punjab and Sindh was under them. Some consider these to have been a tributary state of the Guptas, but that would still make it seperate from the Gupta Empire, proper.

images

And when has anyone denied the Mauryan rule (which lasted around 80 years) over the Indus Basin? Apart from that the only time it was united was for 400 or so under foreign Mughals/Turkics, and 98 under British. For the vast majority of it's history, it has indeed been seperate.

Indo-Greeks

Indo-Greco-Bactrians_150bc.jpg

Parthians

Pahlavas_050ad.jpg

Achaemenids:
Godly_Achaemenid_Empire_ca._500_B.C.jpg

Circa 800 AD

1920px-Asia_800ad.jpg

Alexander's Empire

Alexander-Empire_323bc.jpg

Circa 600 AD

Kushano-Hephthalites_600ad.jpg

that doesnt mean that the cultures of the people practicing Hinduism is different. What the above means is that "Hinduism" cannot be defined by the same way as an Abrahamic faith (hence the mystery of the east for many of us)

No, that means that Hinduism is just an umbrella term imposed by the British to differing cults practiced in their conquered territories and isnt a religion that one can accuse another of practicing. And you have pointedly ignored this part of my comment:

Ayway, the argument based on religion is flawed because it can be used to justify sameness with MENA (Middle East and North Africa) since they are Muslims as well. How is that any different from saying that Pakistanis and Middle Easterners are one since they both are Muslims? Dont you see the irony here?

your very own timeline of "BUdhism" and then "Gupta Brahmanics" gives clear continuation between Rg vedic Indus and the Gangetic plains.

The Rig-Vedic period (set mainly at the Indus Basin), predates both the Guptas (Gangetic) and Buddhism by almost a thousand years. What continuation are you seeing?

<sarcasm on> sure, there is nothing between ancient Iranian and Ancient Indian. The similarity of their gods, their similarity of culture is all just an overlap <sarcasm off>

Again, pointedly ignoring everything I have said and going on to make that rather childish remark. I think I've explained to you, in great detail, why 'Ancient Iran' (Avestan period) and 'Ancient India' dont have overlap. The Avestani Persians had similarities in linguistic and mythology with the Rig-Vedics settled in the Indus Basin, not the Gangetic and Dravidic regions, which you are taking as 'India'. These regions were still covered by thick forests and were uncivilized at the time. The region of Sapta Sindhu/Hapta Hendu (Indus Basin) has been mentioned as one of the sixteen nations of the Vendidad, and not Gangetic or Dravidic land. Why do I need to repeat myself again and again?

vendidadnations.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, the only part of your post I disagree with is that is the assertion that Bihar had nothing to do with Rig Vedic period.
By the late Vedic period, Vedic civilisation had reached the Gangetic plains:
KM2R7dr.jpg

The kingdoms of Videha and Kosala are mentioned in all Vedic texts from the middle period onwards.
In fact many Vedic texts from the later period where composed in the Gangetic plains (one example):
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudhayana_Shrauta_Sutra

That isn't the Rig-Vedic period, genius, that is the later Vedic period after cutting down and clearing the forested cover of the Gangetic Region, the culture spread over to there. The Rig-Vedic period (around 1500 BC) was centered around the Indus Basin (Sapta Sindhu).

That's what I said, I said they "reached" the gangetic plains. The Vedic civilisation had completely shifted to the Gangetic plains, that's why the low caste population is so high in Pakistan. The upper caste Vedic folk had shifted Eastwards leaving the Dalits to mingle in the Indus basin. The period following the later Vedic period was the Mahajanapada's:
RC8CBsy.jpg

As you can see the Vedic folk had created there own kingdoms in the Gangetic plains while the Indus basin Dalits lived in poverty.

That is not the Rig-Vedic period. The Rig-Vedic period was circa 1500 BC, when the Gangetic Region was still uncivilized and forested. Only later did the Rig-Vedic culture spread into the Gangetic Region, after the the thick forested cover of the Ganges was cut using axes invented in the Middle Iron Age period (800-500 BC).
"As bemused Sanskrit scholars have long pointed out, the Rig Veda is about Punjab, principally; its vision also encompasses what is now eastern Afghanistan and north-west Pakistan. Sindh and peninsular India are unknown. Disconcerting as it is to pious Hindus, the Rig Veda has its heartland in Pakistan"
-Empires of Indus by Alice Albania.

Nice trolling and ranting on about dalits btw.

Strawman fallacy, you basically just repeated the same thing which I had acknowledged. It is an undeniable fact that Vedic civilisation expanded Eastwards and that almost all the later period Vedic texts where composed in the Gangetic plains. Please tell me why none of the later Vedic texts where composed in the Indus basin?

The Mahajanapadas followed directly after the Vedic period and the kingdoms and were all in the Gangetic plains, at the same period the Indus basin had produced absolutely and was conquered by the Kambojas. And majority of Pakistanis are Dalit descendants. It's a fact, some of you have some Islamic invader blood however.

The culture of the Rig-Vedics did not spread to the Gangetic plains, only the later Vedic culture did, that too around 500 years after the Rig-Vedic Civilization flourished in the Indus Basin.
During this period the Ganges region indeed was forested and uncivilized for 500 years, in addition to the near ten thousand years of Merhgarh-IVC in the Indus Basin.
As for the Kambojas and all, apart from some mythology the actual history on this is rather hazy, but that doesnt have anything to do with the Rig-Vedic period anyway.

Now, it would be pretty much obvious to anyone how the leafy jungles of Ganges got cleared and the natives, I believe there is a word for them (Adivasis), got civilized and adopted Vedic culture. One can also say that this would have happened through forceful intermixture (I believe that there is a word for that as well) between the Rig-Vedics or the later Vedics and the native Adivasis of the leafy Ganges swamps. This fact is corroborated rather well by genetics as well, given that Indian populations in general have higher ASI than their Pakistani counterparts and all lower castes of various states have higher ASI than upper castes. The data speaks for itself about Dalits and whatnot.

Bhai logh plz stop fighting. Science have proven dalits and Indians in general had nothing to do with IVC or Early vedic civilisation. First IVC people were like Neolithic Iran farmers genetically and guess which group in south asia are more related to them? Pakistanis and after that dalits and Indians in general.

The culture of the Rig-Vedics did not spread to the Gangetic plains, only the later Vedic culture did, that too around 500 years after the Rig-Vedic Civilization flourished in the Indus Basin.
During this period the Ganges region indeed was forested and uncivilized for 500 years, in addition to the near ten thousand years of Merhgarh-IVC in the Indus Basin.
As for the Kambojas and all, apart from some mythology the actual history on this is rather hazy, but that doesnt have anything to do with the Rig-Vedic period anyway.

Now, it would be pretty much obvious to anyone how the leafy jungles of Ganges got cleared and the natives, I believe there is a word for them (Adivasis), got civilized and adopted Vedic culture. One can also say that this would have happened through forceful intermixture (I believe that there is a word for that as well) between the Rig-Vedics or the later Vedics and the native Adivasis of the leafy Ganges swamps. This fact is corroborated rather well by genetics as well, given that Indian populations in general have higher ASI than their Pakistani counterparts and all lower castes of various states have higher ASI than upper castes. The data speaks for itself about Dalits and whatnot.

You are talking about region UP/Bihar which is source of dalit population, see chuhras of punjab are dalit invaders from UP. Upper castes in UP bihar are still more closer to UP dalits then other way around after centuries of mixing with local dalits. The so called nomadic gypsy/dalits groups in Pakistan, they migrated from Rajasthan as their clan names, genetics and oral history proves. And so called high castes Indians in other regions migrated from Pakistan once upon a time. This is why high castes barely make 5% of Indian population, rest are like dalits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom