What's new

Chennai metro train trial run successful

Not really. Delhi and the regions around it plus Mumbai are still the best hubs of such infrastructure.
Any reasons other than funds over why Karachi hasn't gone for a metro yet?

But when you take overall growth Urban + Rural then Karnataka and TAmil Nadu can beat any state in India.

I feel a beautiful transit system is way for Kerala without spoiling its actual natural landscapes.

I feel a beautiful transit system is way for Kerala without spoiling its actual natural landscapes.

Absolutely. The best way to leave Kochi and Trivandrum 's (and every other Indian city's) natural beauty untouched, is to go underground. The biggest factor here however, is cost; building an underground network is substantially more expensive per kilometre as compared to building overhead.

I wish that the soon-to-be-operational metro line 1 in Bombay, was built under traffic-ridden, Andheri-Kurla road instead of above it. The at-grade street quality, and natural light penetration, would've been a lot higher had Reliance/MMRDA opted to bore underground. Hopefully, lines 2 and 3 will have extensive u/g sections.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom