What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

DiU1Riq.jpg

I am wondering if the part behind the rear wheels is too long
It seems scary as if the exhaust nozzles / rear fuselage can be easily scratched or damaged on every landing

Last edited:
Maybe they need to place the wheels further back?

yeah that can help only if the mid section will not crack as it is bearing the heaviest load like the fuel tank, the wings, the engine and the weapons or may be the engineers have already reached the optimal level

Now THIS is proper panel edge alignment.

EOdvs23.jpg

Notice that virtually all edges and gaps within the airframe are swept at an angle and not perpendicular to the direction of flight. This is very important. The PAK FA does not have this kind of fit and finish.

Now THIS is proper panel edge alignment.

EOdvs23.jpg

Notice that virtually all edges and gaps within the airframe are swept at an angle and not perpendicular to the direction of flight. This is very important. The PAK FA does not have this kind of fit and finish.
PAKFA is less than j-20 and j-21

I want to quickly point out that the two hexagonal 'fine grill meshes' on the J-20 are most likely similar in principle to the F-117's inlets.

detail_f117_08.jpg

detail_f117_07.jpg

As long as the holes on the 'fine grill mesh' are smaller than the wavelength of the enemy radar, it should appear as a flat surface on radar and thus remain stealthy.

xAb3YGl.jpg

That depends, how good are your eyes? Can you see the person inside the cockpit?

Those are old TK series. I am talking about a HMDS, to go along with the EOTS and Distributed Aperture sensors on J-20.

Back
Top Bottom