What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

The J-10A has around 4 usable BVR stations under the fuselage.. and another four on the wings.
If fuel tanks are carried.. that still give it 4 BVR weapons under the fuselage.. +2 tanks in the inboard plumbed stations.. +2 BVR in stations 3 and 4.. along with 2 WVR at the outer wing stations...
However.. that all depends on whether the stations underneath the fuselage are capable of holding BVR's.. weight and ground clearance being the primary factors.
In case they arent.. the J-10 may use a dual rack on 3 & 4 to carry 4 MRAAM's..and 2 SRAAM's.. not a very potent mix.
The fuselage hardpoints for the J-10 are crucial to offer any competitive ability in A2A combat against the eurocanards.

I agree that it has 4 stations under the fuselage but none able to carry BVR. The frontal are probably going to be used by targetting and IR pods. The back ones are not capable of holding any BVR size weapon without obstructing gear bay doors or ground clearance.

frontal pods..

2313171538_c4d9ce2ffb_o.jpg

20070116_06.jpg

or bombs...

J-10_bomb.jpg

back ones

71f12a827f4b0579d0da67fbea87b538.jpg

The J-10A has around 4 usable BVR stations under the fuselage.. and another four on the wings.
If fuel tanks are carried.. that still give it 4 BVR weapons under the fuselage.. +2 tanks in the inboard plumbed stations.. +2 BVR in stations 3 and 4.. along with 2 WVR at the outer wing stations...
However.. that all depends on whether the stations underneath the fuselage are capable of holding BVR's.. weight and ground clearance being the primary factors.
In case they arent.. the J-10 may use a dual rack on 3 & 4 to carry 4 MRAAM's..and 2 SRAAM's.. not a very potent mix.
The fuselage hardpoints for the J-10 are crucial to offer any competitive ability in A2A combat against the eurocanards.

it has been confirmed from many Chinese friends and sources that 4 fuselage Stations of J-10 aren't missile launching station. front two are used for Targeting pods and all four can be used for loading bombs.

We are rightly excited about the the presence of an AESA radar on J-10b. But reports are coming out of Japan that China has developed an anti-stealth stealth radar and it is being tested on J-10B. No further details are available but if this news is correct and Chinese are successful , it will render the stealth aircrafts far less effective than they were meant to be. News in on internet. Search

We are rightly excited about the the presence of an AESA radar on J-10b. But reports are coming out of Japan that China has developed an anti-stealth stealth radar and it is being tested on J-10B. No further details are available but if this news is correct and Chinese are successful , it will render the stealth aircrafts far less effective than they were meant to be. News in on internet. Search

WOW, if really true sir, then the J-10B can really be a potent adversary, and in effect, throwing the stealth programs of India as per this forum into the air.! Really nice development.

It will not just render Indian fifth generation but all the fifth generation fighter includingJ-20

News is from Japanese sources who are not at great terms with Chinese. Let us wait and see if there is a confirmation from other sources.

Also, even if the news is confirmed, will Pakistan have access to this technology. I will hope for the best.

I agree that it has 4 stations under the fuselage but none able to carry BVR. The frontal are probably going to be used by targetting and IR pods. The back ones are not capable of holding any BVR size weapon without obstructing gear bay doors or ground clearance.

but it can still carry 4 BVR missiles as it has dual racks..

I would be a little skeptical of these heard from this heard from that at this point..
Although one must hand it to the Chinese for delivering on rumors :smitten:

I would be a little skeptical of these heard from this heard from that at this point..
Although one must hand it to the Chinese for delivering on rumors :smitten:

So... i understand.. no complaints?

Just focus on fast track evolution of PT-05... it's all new!!!! and what you see on youtube can never be new at all !!! you can only guage the new with development history and leaks which never failed you.. until now.

So... i understand.. no complaints?

Just focus on fast track evolution of PT-05... it's all new!!!! and what you see on youtube can never be new at all !!! you can only guage the new with development history and leaks which never failed you.. until now.

If the J-20 is any evidence of a much maligned rumor.. perhaps there is no harm in having faith in a few more rumors.

Back
Top Bottom