What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

By the way, China has already unveiled at one of their airshows the ground based Anti-stealth radar which interestingley resembles the Czech Vara radar. China tried to acquire the Vera but US put tremendous pressure on Czechs to not oblige . Pakistan was in possession of Vera when it leased one from the czecks but before it could obtain it, US bought the technology and the factory. Chinese have claimed that the radar is able to detect a F-22 at 1800 km.

But news of an airborne anti-stealth radar is baffling. if true, it has the potential of destroying any advantages that some will enjoy with their Stealth aircrafts.

Interestingly Omnipol office outside Chez Republic is in hindustan not USA. If US has bought the technology and factory then surely US would have HQ or offices in US, I couldn't find any.
It seems more likely a technology sharing agreement.

Some information.
http://www.army.cz/acr/vera/veraeeng.pdf

Or I may be mistaken. US did buy the radar from Era, the manufacturers.
Omnipol is the marketing company with rights to sell Vera Radar.

To have a anti stealth radar, don't you first need something stealth. I mean for now the only country to successfully employ a stealth aircraft is the US of A. So we can safely assume that US might have developed something Anti stealth as well since they have what they call as low observable aircraft's. There is no such thing as stealth. The concept of stealth was in movies only. So how exactly did Chinese develop something anti for which they have yet to achieve the technology of being low observable.
And even if we assume that China indeed has developed something that could detect the likes of F-22, question arises how successful the interception be?

Are you high on drugs or what? Then J-20 of China is what? We are not talking somalia developing an anti-stealth radar who has no history of having any stealth fighter jet..

We are talking about CHINA! Is it really so hard to believe it?

Are you high on drugs or what? Then J-20 of China is what? We are not talking somalia developing an anti-stealth radar who has no history of having any stealth fighter jet..

Yes it is hard to believe. How long has it been since the J-20 came into existence. Heck J-20 hasnt even cleared the testing phase. Its a long way from getting inducted and becoming fully operational. Compare that to the time since the US has stealth technology. If J-20 is the bench mark for anti stealth radars, then good luck with finding the likes of F-22. Both China and Russia are far behind the US interms of stealth. Is it really that hard to accept?
And no i am not high so shut up and learn some manners on how to debate with other members on the forum. I haven't disrespected China or its capabilities just stating the truth bluntly.

Your point is noted, but again, we are hardly responsible for the tech or the airframe design of the jf-17. What differentiates the two aircraft is that we invested directly into the development of the jf-17s and now our producing it in house. We could have done the same with the j-10, had we invested in that platform instead. In that case, we would be claiming the j-10 as a joint production. Lets face it, neither aircraft is exactly Pakistani, most of jf-17s important subsystems are Chinese, its latest tech is tested in China and the armaments it carries are Chinese.
I do understand the low cost factor is huge for the PAF, but I wonder if a smaller, but more potent force of j-10 and f-16s would suffice over a land area that is quite small.
J-10 could not be a Joint production since this program was directly funded by PLAAF which was never short of funds in 90s due to rising economy of China, on the other hand JFT was also intitally a PLAAF funded program but abandoned due to US embargo. however, CAC kept the program alive with its private funding and then offered Pakistan to invest in which was indeed a good move by Pakistan to jump in a potent yet economical platform. However, ask any Chinese aviation expert, how painful was the J-10 development. If we compare JFT with it, it would not be anything short of an achievement that JFT has been relatively a more smooth program which continues to grow. A factor attributable to that was also that by the time JFT program was shaping up CAC had become a more matured producer as they were almost done with their J-10 Program, so they knew what to do and what not to. And Lastly, JFT was a joint development program and Pakistanis did move in with their contribution, A huge team of Pakistani engineers in CAC was not there for working as an assistant but an active contributor, dont you wonder why JFT was so close to F-16 in its parameters?

By the way, China has already unveiled at one of their airshows the ground based Anti-stealth radar which interestingley resembles the Czech Vara radar. China tried to acquire the Vera but US put tremendous pressure on Czechs to not oblige . Pakistan was in possession of Vera when it leased one from the czecks but before it could obtain it, US bought the technology and the factory. Chinese have claimed that the radar is able to detect a F-22 at 1800 km.

But news of an airborne anti-stealth radar is baffling. if true, it has the potential of destroying any advantages that some will enjoy with their Stealth aircrafts.
Sir even the Ukrainians, i think, came forward with Kolchuga radar claiming to be able to detect stealth aircraft but unless this technology is not tested, its reliability will always remain in question

Yes it is hard to believe. How long has it been since the J-20 came into existence. Heck J-20 hasnt even cleared the testing phase. Its a long way from getting inducted and becoming fully operational. Compare that to the time since the US has stealth technology. If J-20 is the bench mark for anti stealth radars, then good luck with finding the likes of F-22. Both China and Russia are far behind the US interms of stealth. Is it really that hard to accept?
And no i am not high so shut up and learn some manners on how to debate with other members on the forum. I haven't disrespected China or its capabilities just stating the truth bluntly.
Cool down my man....at times temperature is high but dont let it slip out of your hands....

Sir even the Ukrainians, i think, came forward with Kolchuga radar claiming to be able to detect stealth aircraft but unless this technology is not tested, its reliability will always remain in question

Yes, the Ukraine has cooperated with Chinese according to some reports.
While employed with Lockheed Martin, I did hear about the development of anti-stealth radar, I never heard that its detection ability was dependent solely on detecting a F-22. Extremely small observable objects and different stimulation techniques were used to test the radar. incidently one of project scientist was from Pakistan who retired from LM and now lives and works in Pakistan.

As far as China is concerned, Australians are said to be the ones who developed an anti stealth capability in their Jindalee Operational Radar Network. Chinese are rumored to have built upon and replicated the Australian system . So it is totally wrong that you are dependent on developing a F-22 to test and detect.

Your blind faith with American will bring you no further. J-20 indeed is a bench mark against F-22 in term of stealth. Even the pentagon is speechless when J-20 first appear. I still remember when T-50 first appear. US defence force spokesman immediately make some statement regarding T-50, claiming it unstealthy and skceptical about its stealth profile. But when J-20 appears, they only claim it will be operation many years laters. Of cos, those are just reassuring words for themselves and the public. Layman like you will be easily taken and thinking American supremacy will last many more decades..

I believe you have read too many US propanganda website and fell into the American media trap. US media like to protray themselves as invincible and nobody come close to them. Indeed , the US may still lead many things currently. But when comes to stealth and J-20. It is no way behind F-22. The only concern maybe the rear aspect of the engine. But that might not be the final design as they are waiting for WS-15 to be ready.

Read more deversify sources and broaden your mind. Do not always live in the Uncle Sam world...

In a way he is correct, because to have an antidote one needs a venom first. Anything coming from USA will be bench-marked against F-22, on the other hand China and Russia dont have this liberty...Thats what he was trying to say

The only concern maybe the rear aspect of the engine. But that might not be the final design as they are waiting for WS-15 to be ready.

I do hope that the next J-20 prototype would be similar in engine nozzle to the F-22,btw what engine is J-20 currently running on?

WS-10G........
WS-10G....? If it were operational already why didnt they test it on J-10B?...I mean WS-10G is on board J-20 while J-10B still with WS-10A or B?...makes me curious

WS-10G....? If it were operational already why didnt they test it on J-10B?...I mean WS-10G is on board J-20 while J-10B still with WS-10A or B?...makes me curious

WS-10G is thought to be an overclock WS-10 which will have shortnen lifespan(more superior engine blade but less durable) but upthrust engine. WS-10G is just a temporary measure.

Not really good for operational aircraft but will be enough for a test prototype since J-20 need a bigger thrust engines.

Remember, the J-10B testing now is very likely to be a finalise and operational version. Its need a good,reliable and decent lifespan engine for operational unit. Final engine for J-20 is WS-15, not WS-10G..

WS-10G is thought to be an overclock WS-10 which will have shortnen lifespan(more superior engine blade but less durable) but upthrust engine. WS-10G is just a temporary measure.

Not really good for operational aircraft but will be enough for a test prototype since J-20 need a bigger thrust engines.

Remember, the J-10B testing now is very likely to be a finalise and operational version. Its need a good,reliable and decent lifespan engine for operational unit. Final engine for J-20 is WS-15, not WS-10G..

Totally agree with your answer. I also think that WS-B was upthrusted for testing purpose only and WS-15 will be the ultimate engine for J-20

J-10B is slated to have the WS-10B.

Back
Top Bottom