What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

J10b is a very advanced 4.5+ fighter, it sure means something for PLAAF. The price of J10b for PAF is only 45millions USD per, this kind of low price offered is fully based of brotherhood relationship between China and Pakistan. I can feel IAf really cares about whether PAF induct J10b or not. It could enhance PAF to another new level. You guys really underestimate J10b. The unit price of Rafale has reached 120 millions per, even country rich like India can't afford it. I strongly believe PAF will induct J10b in the future, at least 2 squadrons.

J10b is nearly on par with Rafale with only one thirds of it's price, that's the lucky part of PAF that IAF will never be able to enjoy.
yeah @wanglaokan u r right but somehow u r underestimating indian lust

J10b is a very advanced 4.5+ fighter, it sure means something for PLAAF. The price of J10b for PAF is only 45millions USD per, this kind of low price offered is fully based of brotherhood relationship between China and Pakistan. I can feel IAf really cares about whether PAF induct J10b or not. It could enhance PAF to another new level. You guys really underestimate J10b. The unit price of Rafale has reached 120 millions per, even country rich like India can't afford it. I strongly believe PAF will induct J10b in the future, at least 2 squadrons.

J10b is nearly on par with Rafale with only one thirds of it's price, that's the lucky part of PAF that IAF will never be able to enjoy.

When our economy recovers. :D

[Original] China to sell Pakistan F -10 afraid of technology leakage? [Have I read]
According to the Indian Rediff website reported on June 22, Indian Defense Research Scholars Tallahassee - Pant (Harsh V Pant), said China to Pakistan fighter supply China developed the first machine - a third generation fighter J-10. The total amount of the transaction to reach $ 6 billion.

The J-10 for a long time in the future, will be the People's Liberation Army Air Force 's main models. To Pakistan after the sale, the J-10 is facing possible leakage of technology.

First, Pakistan has some of the military industrial capacity, the J-10's core technology, there may be Pakistani weapons experts slowly figured out, then grasp;

Secondly, Pakistan, Europe and the United States have a good relationship, especially in order to balance China, the United States is not the time to win over Pakistan, which has sold F-16 . So the United States may be obtained by Pakistani F -10 . Once the United States after obtaining the J-10, will be able for its weaknesses, worked out a set of checks and balances of the J-10 combat methods, the Chinese Air Force is extremely unfavorable;

Finally, the Pakistani pilot is not impossible driving the J-10 defected to India.
铁血论坛 ? 铁血社区 - 铁血网

I think now the Rafale saga will soon end with the IAF unable to find the estimated $25 billion plus to complete the MMRCA saga the PAFs need for J10 is no more.

Save the $2 or $3 billion and spend on J31 in 2020.

In the mean time beg borrow steal another 18 block 52S from USA.

Other than the mk1 tejas i can t see anything new entering indian air force now until 2022 with fgfa. possibly mk2 tejas in 2018

there is nothing to get concerned about now

When we stick to the know facts, it isn't! You have to compare it with the JF17 Block 3, since that version is meant to be the same technical standard and then we have...

...most likely AESA radar
...composites and RAM
...more powerful engines
...IRST

IFR is already provided with the Block 2 and where do you see a big range advantage? Both can carry only 3 fuel tanks and will carry the same ammount of fuel tanks in the same roles. In fact that is exactly my point, without CFTs, J10B offers no load advantage to the light class JF 17, except for LGB strikes.

And since we know that the B don't have more powerful engines now and not even AESA is confirmed yet, I remain with to say that it's by far not a big upgrade yet.

J-10 offers 50% more payload on more hardpoints. So it is essentially a BVR 'Truck' and can be optimized for anti-ship roles as well.

Range for Pakistan doesn't mean much since most of the country east to west is very small and the idea is to take out enemy airbases. Since a large number of Indian Airbases are already within strike range and with standoff weapons, striking them isn't a far thing.

What will happen to all the wishful thinkers??? :cheesy:

To be fair, it was in the pipeline but a paucity of funds scuttled the idea around 2009-10.

It can still be in the pipeline if funds mature. We know one thing, with the Chinese we don't have limits on what we can buy. Just bring up the funds and get what you want.

Unlike USA, where even if you have funds, so many blah blah restrictions.

I think now the Rafale saga will soon end with the IAF unable to find the estimated $25 billion plus to complete the MMRCA saga the PAFs need for J10 is no more.

Save the $2 or $3 billion and spend on J31 in 2020.

In the mean time beg borrow steal another 18 block 52S from USA.

Other than the mk1 tejas i can t see anything new entering indian air force now until 2022 with fgfa. possibly mk2 tejas in 2018

there is nothing to get concerned about now

Tejas Mk 2 by 2018? Yeah right. It's not even on the drawing board.

When we stick to the know facts, it isn't! You have to compare it with the JF17 Block 3, since that version is meant to be the same technical standard and then we have...

...most likely AESA radar
...composites and RAM
...more powerful engines
...IRST

IFR is already provided with the Block 2 and where do you see a big range advantage? Both can carry only 3 fuel tanks and will carry the same ammount of fuel tanks in the same roles. In fact that is exactly my point, without CFTs, J10B offers no load advantage to the light class JF 17, except for LGB strikes.

And since we know that the B don't have more powerful engines now and not even AESA is confirmed yet, I remain with to say that it's by far not a big upgrade yet.

There is also the difference between having an upgrade and the extent to which it was applied. The BIII might include these things but whether these upgrades are as powerful as the ones on the J-10B is another issue.

The J-10B offers far more internal fuel load than the JF-17. It also features a 6-tonne payload and 11 hardpoints, all of which outclass the JF-17. It uses a 132 kN WS10B engine and its AESA has been long confirmed.

PAF's first 60 F-6 fighters were delivered for free. If PAF needs the J-10, it WILL get delivered. :p: Money is never an issue.

Amazing 60 j10.for free that really would something. Transform paf overnite. Without spending a penny

Amazing 60 j10.for free that really would something. Transform paf overnite. Without spending a penny

There is no free lunch!

PAF's first 60 F-6 fighters were delivered for free. If PAF needs the J-10, it WILL get delivered. :p: Money is never an issue.

Money is the issue. Nothing comes for free!

Yes PRC did deliver 60 F-6s for free. :china:

J-10 offers 50% more payload on more hardpoints. So it is essentially a BVR 'Truck' and can be optimized for anti-ship roles as well.

Payload is a paper figure and doesn't tell you anything about the real load capability of a fighter, just like the basic number of hardpoints is useless unless you consider what weight limits or size restrictions they have. The fact is, JF 17 and J10 have the same number of heavy / wet stations, that means BOTH can carry the same number of fuel tanks, C802 anti ship missiles, Raad cruise missiles, 2000lb bombs...
And if BVR truck means, it can load a lot of SD10s, you are mistaken again, because if that would be the case it wouldn't need draggy twin launchers to carry 4 of them in CAP role, again the same load that a JF17 carries in CAP!
The only load advantage with useful loads J10 has is with LGBs, since it has a dedicated pod station, which wouldn't block the centerline station like it does at JF17, but that's it and that's why CFTs or increased internal fuel capacity would be important for a really comprehensive upgrade.

I'm a bit confused. Are we getting J-10A's or J-10B's & when is the delivery expected.

Back
Top Bottom