What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

so whats india wait from 5 years go ahed we also looking what they select and what we buy for counter.but india is stop on first step from 5 years just they every day say MRCA MRCA .:)

Are baba do you buy based on your requirement or according to Indian requirement? The MRCA was supposed to be Mirage 2000 with the assembly line getting transferred but unfortunately that hadn't happened (main reason were the sanctions and shortage of money :)). Then finally it has came out the field evaluation will begine on first quarter (Jan to Mar) then IAF will submit it's recommendations in 2-3 months. Then let's see how the political leadership takes it to conclusion :)

Is the 36 J-10 order for 2009 finalized or we may expect delays/problems due to payment issues in wake of recent economic situation?
Also can anyone confirm whether Pakistan has ever shown any interest to enter into co production of J-10 in the future?

Is the 36 J-10 order for 2009 finalized or we may expect delays/problems due to payment issues in wake of recent economic situation?
Also can anyone confirm whether Pakistan has ever shown any interest to enter into co production of J-10 in the future?

I have heard a quote from a defence exhibition in which it was said that pakistan had no industrial interest in the j-10.

1、Because Sichuan Earthquake(2008/05/12)
May be We can deliver more JF17 in 2008(+8),I think we can produce 20 + JF17s a year.

2、Pakistan should first establish an early warning system, this is more important than the J10

:pakistan::china:

1、Because Sichuan Earthquake(2008/05/12)
May be We can deliver more JF17 in 2008(+8),I think we can produce 20 + JF17s a year.

2、Pakistan should first establish an early warning system, this is more important than the J10

Thanks jamal18 and wangrong, my concern was that since J-10 has been in service with PLAAF it would be prudent to expedite delivery or at least ensure timely delivery since it is more mature platform than thunder and will be combat ready with PAF in lesser time...hopefully.
With the way things are PAF needs to acquire combat ready aircraft and i do believe thunder will take a few years to be properly inducted.
Any chance PAF pilots are already being familiarized with the J-10 in china?

You can expect deliveries of J10B(which is an advanced version of J10), in early 2009. To be exact, i think we should be getting the deliveries in March or April.

You can expect deliveries of J10B(which is an advanced version of J10), in early 2009. To be exact, i think we should be getting the deliveries in March or April.

Are you sure on this one?:what: Also according to sinodefence and wiki, J-10b is nothing but a twin seater version of the J-10. So where are we going with this one?

Are you sure on this one?:what: Also according to sinodefence and wiki, J-10b is nothing but a twin seater version of the J-10. So where are we going with this one?

J10S is the twin seater; J10B is an improved version of J10A with extremely high thrust vector and maneuverability. We really dont have enough official info on J10b because the Chinese are very secretive but i have managed to find some info:

THE J-10B IS A HUGE UPGRADE OF THE J-10A WITH FEATURES SUCH AS:
- Thrust-vector control
- Extremely-high maneuverability
- Stealth DSI intakes
- More hardpoints
- AESA radar
- MUCH MUCH MORE

It entered service in 2007.

The J-10B lies on a WHOLE NEW GENERATION than the J-10A. It is much superior to the F-15 Eagle and the Eurofighter Typhoon. Pakistan will use the J-10B (which they call it the FC-20) and they said it was as good as a 5TH-GENERATION FIGHTER.

SPECIFICATIONS (J-10A):
- Speed: Mach 2.2
- g-limits: +9/-3 g (+88/-29 m/s², +290/-97 ft/s²)
- Combat radius: 2,540 km (1,370 mi)
- Range (without refuelling): 3,400 km
- Service ceiling 20,000 m (65,600 ft)
- Wing loading: 335 kg/m² (64 lb/ft²)
- Minimum thrust/weight:
- With afterburner: 0.98
- In-flight refuelling: Yes
- Thrust-vector-control: Yes
- Maneuverability: Extremely high

WEAPONS:
- Guns: 2× 23 mm internal cannon
- Hardpoints: 11, 3 under each wing and 5 under the fuselage
- Missiles:
- Air-to-air: PL-8, PL-9, PL-11, PL-12
- Air-to-surface: PJ-9, YJ-9K, 90 mm rockets
- Rocket launcher pods
- Bombs: laser-guided bombs (LT-2), glide bombs (LS-6) and unguided bombs

COMPARABLE TO:
- F-15E "Strike Eagle"
- Eurofighter "Typhoon"
- Sukhoi Su-30MKK "Flanker"
- Dassault "Rafale"
- F-16 "Falcon" (latest versions)

Air-Attack.com Videos :: J-10 FIGHTER: DEFINITION OF INVINCIBILITY

Great question All Green. Anyone know if this is a possibility? :undecided:

Isn't Pakistan spoiling its Airforce Pilots with too many goodies. :pakistan:
Then again, they deserve it because they're one of the best of their kind.

COMPARABLE TO:
- F-15E "Strike Eagle"
- Eurofighter "Typhoon"
- Sukhoi Su-30MKK "Flanker"
- Dassault "Rafale"
- F-16 "Falcon" (latest versions)

i doubt it, all of these are mature aircraft from countries that have experience building airplanes, the J-10 is prolly comparable to F-16, M2k, and Mig-29, and maybe Gripen

that's it, F-15, Typhoon, Rafale, and MKK are way above its league, I highly doubt china has tech for AESA(small radars not AWACS AESA), only country that does is America. Russia, Europe, and Israel are just getting it

also u can maybe import ur own aesa, but its expensive

also compared to other aircraft, the j-10 and the jf-17 were built way to fast, it took less than 10 yrs to design and put them into production, compared to 30 years for Typhoon, Rafale, and LCA. meaning they didn't test everything or didn't do it right.

AND ITS NEVER BEEN IN COMBAT, all of the following except Typhoon and LCA have been combat proven.

oh and did i mention that MKI will get Ibris(AESA), the MRCA will have AESA, IAF wants better engine, and AESA for LCA(but this will dely 2-3 more years so instead of 2010 it will be 2012-2013.

COMPARABLE TO:
... oh and did i mention that MKI will get Ibris(AESA), the MRCA will have AESA, IAF wants better engine, and AESA for LCA(but this will dely 2-3 more years so instead of 2010 it will be 2012-2013.

The second I read LCA, I knew there is an Indian friend trying to push the case of LCA.

JF-17 program was launched a while ago by China and then 12 yrs ago PAF came on board. China and Pakistan are two responsible countries who wouldn't put its security and pilots at risk by rushing through the tests.

When LCA was initiated, the intention was to have a Light Combat Aircraft which is also a Low Cost Aircraft. India has yet to achieve any of the two meanings.

Please open a thread on an Indian defense forum and discuss LCA in details.

Right on Kharian_Beast

Cant wait for that thread to start...always an exciting time to get new fighters

my father was based in Sargodha when we received the F-16s and man that was an awesome sight, to see brand new F-16s making their runs night and day.

I believe i was 5 at that time...but still felt the rush :flame:

:cheers:

a twin seater version of the J-10 is J10S

The same

a twin seater version of the J-11B is J11BS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom