What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I THINK we should forget F16s n concentrate on J10 n other options

I THINK we should forget F16s n concentrate on J10 n other options

Wisful thinking. Technologically F16s are still more advanced and a mature platfom. If you see the ACM latest interview and his comments about J10 you will understand PAFs concerns about the plane>also take a look at the order No. and realize what PAF is doing making an order of 18 only.
Hope you understand;):lol:.
Araz

^ Agreed that F-16 is more mature and capable platform. But isn't J-10 cheaper/being sold by a trustworthy ally? Can the cost benefit analysis hold sway for acquiring many J-10 with no strings compared to very few F-16 with more strings than a cobweb?

^ Agreed that F-16 is more mature and capable platform. But isn't J-10 cheaper/being sold by a trustworthy ally? Can the cost benefit analysis hold sway for acquiring many J-10 with no strings compared to very few F-16 with more strings than a cobweb?

J-10 is cheaper but dont forget that the F-16s that we are getting will add punch to its value and PAF was not able to afford a different platform of the same caliber as the F-16s will be block 52 that is. Its is however sad that they do have many strings attacked to them but then again lets not jump to conclusion here, lets wait and see. For now everything seems to be right on track.

Any word on the current situation of the Block 52 deal? I am happy that we will get JDAM and possibly IRIS-T, but I heard this package is to cost 5.1 billion USD ?

Because that's a lot of money, we could probably buy 150 J10 +missiles + logistics + training with that amount not to mention possible ToT...

Last edited:
We need f-16 lets see wat happens the PAF high command is not crazy to want it for no reason. One can say lets not hope for the history to repeat its self again as far as platform and everything else f-16 is wat we need if we can get the order !!

Kharian Beast.
You are referring to a quality versus number argument. what I am referring to is a more subtle approach ,ie buy a few to see whats in them and do the rest your self. i have alluded to it in my earlier post but probably got missed out. Also once the cat is out of the bag, and in PAFs hands, subsequent embargoes become irrelevant:cheesy:;):D:tup:This is a scenario, which need not be gotten into if we get equal value or better toys from elsewhere. Even then, we will have to argue using the security of a delivered order from US!!! I hope you understand now!
WaSalam
Araz

why not we go for rafale why we need same f 16 yes f 16 is good without any doubt but we need to be going forward look at iaf they will get EF200 pak-fa and su 30
and where we are same old crap we need rafale+J10 and 20 to 25 f 16 thats all

With 60 Million a Price, 126 will and can come under 10-12 Billion program

$60million price of rafale?? man this is not some Russian toy! the unit cost of this elephant is approx $65million so it will have a price tag of about $75-80million and if you include training, support and maintenance, the price would be $90million per piece

its total cost including traning parts systems jets and much more needs for opraete them will be realy 90mn$ per unit its not car you buy and drive see only wapens system of each cost moere then 10mn$

its total cost including traning parts systems jets and much more needs for opraete them will be realy 90mn$ per unit its not car you buy and drive see only wapens system of each cost moere then 10mn$

that still comes to round about $12.5 billion - good enough . also Imran I have not taken into account that price per unit will come down when serial production is increased.

Any further clarification , pls mention on MRCA thread , this one is for J-10 I think

why not we go for rafale why we need same f 16 yes f 16 is good without any doubt but we need to be going forward look at iaf they will get EF200 pak-fa and su 30
and where we are same old crap we need rafale+J10 and 20 to 25 f 16 thats all

You have to understand that planes cannot just be bought like cars. there are issues with maintenance and other ongoing care taking. then a certain number of spares have to be kept. So in short a whole infrastructure needs to be built up before you can bu a plane and that doubles/triples the price of a plane during its life . then there are issues with regards to weapons integration and commonality. F16 was and is the most sensible deal for Pakistan. even if it had not materialized i doubt if Rafale would have been bought by PAF. Perhaps Gripen but even then PAF might have concentrated on developing Thunder a bit more.
I hope it helps.
waSalam
Araz

that still comes to round about $12.5 billion - good enough . also Imran I have not taken into account that price per unit will come down when serial production is increased.

Any further clarification , pls mention on MRCA thread , this one is for J-10 I think

so whats india wait from 5 years go ahed we also looking what they select and what we buy for counter.but india is stop on first step from 5 years just they every day say MRCA MRCA .:)

Back
Top Bottom