What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Mark-i am only questioning the time-lines for induction of platforms. the way i see it the blk-15 F-16s after the MLU will be in service till atleast 2020. the bkl-52s would probably undergo a MLU at some-point in their service life and would be serving the PAF till atleast 2030 or longer. the mirages and F-7, A-5s would be history in the next 3-5 years. that just leaves the JF-17 and the F-20 and possibly the J-11 which will make the bulk of the PAF fleet in the long term. inducting upto 250 F-17s and 150 F-20s over the 2010-1015 time-span sounds awfully ambitious not to mention keeping the F-16s in full readiness and finally who's to say that more F-16s blk 52 wont be purchased.
Well the link said that the first batch of FC-20s of the 36 would arrive in 2010-2011. The PAF may not have a fleet of 150 FC-20s until 2019 or perhaps later. The fleet of 250 JF-17s will probably be inducted by 2019 or a little later...

As I see it, the infrastructure is already in place for the F-16A/B Blk-15, hence any addition of these aircraft would not be too much of an issue. The first F-16C/Ds will not arrive until 2010-2011, and if PAF is going to order more, it will have to confirm in 2009-2010.

:crazy::crazy:well i just wanna ask that till 2017 we will have some considerable j 10s than at that time 5th gen Fighters be superior how it will wct as a FRONTLINE fighter:crazy::crazy:

:crazy::crazy:well i just wanna ask that till 2017 we will have some considerable j 10s than at that time 5th gen Fighters be superior how it will wct as a FRONTLINE fighter:crazy::crazy:

its my dream:enjoy:

PAF fleet till 2015 should be like this...

60- Mirage 2000-9 (FRANCE)
40- Rafale (FRANCE)
40- JAS-39 Grippen (SWEDEN)
80- SU-27 ubk (UKRAIN) used
120- J10 (CHINA)
50- F/A-18 Hornet (USA)
50 pls F 15 Eagle (KSA or USA) used
60- Panavia Tornado IDV (KSA or DUETCHLAND) used
150-180 F 16 A/B Blk 30/40 (USA) used with MLU
200- JF-17 Armed with better avionics and SD-10 (CHINA-PAK)
120- Mirage F1 for PN (FRANCE) used
40- JH-7A (CHINA)
300-plus F 7-PG with SD-10 (CHINA)
4-5- EMB-145 AWACS (BRAZIL)
4-5- Airbus A-330 Tankers (FRANCE)
30- C-130J (USA)
10- C-17 trooper (USA)
60- K-8 Trnr (CHINA)

looking more like 2014 after full induction of JF-17s and F-16s. there is only so much the PAF can do with its limited resources. i wish it was earlier!

Considering above listed modifications which Mark.S has mentioned 2014 seems more realistic possibility, and this is beside the resources issue.
As it is speculated at present testing on prototype of J10S/J10B/FC20 is underway. If we count production start date from begining of 2010 than I guess first serial roll outs will be close to 2011.
PAF a/c will go under production at earliest 2012..13 and rolling out 2013..14.
Training of pilots may start earlier, hence induction / transition may not be as big of an issue as it seems today.
Considering that it will be superior to F-16 block50/52 ... it is not a bad proposal.

Until unless, some one decide to buy J-10 which may be readily available. :undecided:

Last edited:
its my dream:enjoy:

PAF fleet till 2015 should be like this...

60- Mirage 2000-9 (FRANCE)
40- Rafale (FRANCE)
40- JAS-39 Grippen (SWEDEN)
80- SU-27 ubk (UKRAIN) used
120- J10 (CHINA)
50- F/A-18 Hornet (USA)
50 pls F 15 Eagle (KSA or USA) used
60- Panavia Tornado IDV (KSA or DUETCHLAND) used
150-180 F 16 A/B Blk 30/40 (USA) used with MLU
200- JF-17 Armed with better avionics and SD-10 (CHINA-PAK)
120- Mirage F1 for PN (FRANCE) used
40- JH-7A (CHINA)
300-plus F 7-PG with SD-10 (CHINA)
4-5- EMB-145 AWACS (BRAZIL)
4-5- Airbus A-330 Tankers (FRANCE)
30- C-130J (USA)
10- C-17 trooper (USA)
60- K-8 Trnr (CHINA)

Sweet dreams! :enjoy:
Never gonna happen!

Sweet dreams! :enjoy:
Never gonna happen!

If I can get elected President maybe even Prime Minister of Pakistan I bet you I could make those dreams come true. As a pre-campaign promise, I will raise more money than Pablo Escobar to allocate for the defense budget which I will set at 47 billion USD. Children will be taken to school in Eurofighters and the Frontier Corps will be getting shiny new G-36C rifles and CV90's, while the Navy will be allowed to have 2 carriers one named PNS Mohammad Ali Jinnah and the other named PNS Kharian Beast. My presidency would also see the development of the first nuclear sub, the PNS Khudahafiz.

Maybe I should campaign closer to JXX timeframe, because that would be of utmost importance to the Air Force and with the usual crowd in power you are looking at probably a 50 year wait if China gets it on the assembly line within 10 years. I would get the plane even before China :P

Al Khalid 3 would be stealth.

:pakistan:

If I can get elected President maybe even Prime Minister of Pakistan I bet you I could make those dreams come true. As a pre-campaign promise, I will raise more money than Pablo Escobar to allocate for the defense budget which I will set at 47 billion USD. Children will be taken to school in Eurofighters and the Frontier Corps will be getting shiny new G-36C rifles and CV90's, while the Navy will be allowed to have 2 carriers one named PNS Mohammad Ali Jinnah and the other named PNS Kharian Beast. My presidency would also see the development of the first nuclear sub, the PNS Khudahafiz.

Maybe I should campaign closer to JXX timeframe, because that would be of utmost importance to the Air Force and with the usual crowd in power you are looking at probably a 50 year wait if China gets it on the assembly line within 10 years. I would get the plane even before China :P

Imran khan's post is already a dream...your post is on another level. :D

u have given this a lot of thought haven't you? Well, best of luck.

My dream :P

PAF fleet till 2015-217 should be like this...

3- B-52
2-B1
4-KC-135 Air Refueler
30- F/A-18 Hornet
15- F-15 Eagle
200- F 16 A/B Blk 30/40
200- JF-17
20-JXX Stealth
atleast 1 Nuclear Aircraft Carrier :P (Abraham lincon)

after if B2 wageera bhi mil jaye tu masla nahe :P :D

You can't get elected in Pakistan on this agenda. However I can tell you an easier way. Join PA, get promoted to the rank of General and then ............................... I guess you have figured out the rest by now. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
What is this.. FC-20 MRCA thread turned into a wish list?
but lol nice one Kharian_Beast:lol:
Imran bahi apni feelings ko control karoo..
superbikez
you have 7 different type of combat plane including 2 super expensive bombers! whooping 200 block 30 which is really useless when we have JF-17s in many variants. how ever i would love to have 200 block 15 with less hours clocked and give them MLU M3 or M4!
F-15's life is really close and they are starting to have all sort of technical problems, like mid air wing collapse so we dont want that to happen in combat.

All the time u people included American bombers and fighters in ur wish list . y not the Russians TU 160 . And Russia sells us Engine for JF17 y not selling SU30 Mk

Back
Top Bottom