What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

J10 shown at CAC 50th Anniversary. I believe we're looking at the concept of the FC-20 here.
:china::pakistan:

J-10-FC-20A1.jpg

nice its full loaded demo sir every thing is there thanks sir neo

I believe FC-20 will be slightly different then J-10S.
we are expected to have 2 more hard points on wingtips, DSI and missile warning approach on the rudder if thats what it is on JF-17. i dont see any of those on J-10S so we still have to wait another year of so.

Salam, man no one in the world can under-estimate J-10s coz it is secret and even its avionics wic i am sure built with the elp of IAI companies R&D. If u look 2 the front it is quite similar 2 Soufa i know by look u can't beleive it , but trust me most of the people think that it is better 2 have J-10s tan F-16(Right). I think they should induct 150-160 FC-20s by 2016 even 2 replace the F-16s which wort coz F-16 is quite expensive 2 operate even for those which have overhaulin facility like egypt n also FC-20s airframe is 4.5 gen whic makes it stealthy n i heard about the WS-10A that it might be rumoured that it is 24900lb engine but now most of the people sayin that it is in the leage of AL-31F1 or maybe better but are not specifing it .The thing that i want 2 say is that plz PAF should never ever be pressurised 2 buy planes of political choice like BLK-52s($50 million per piece) which everyone will agry that they took earthquake as an EXCUSE to not buy F-16s BLK-52's & also ACM said that FC-20 is going 2 b inducted in 2009 upto 36(may be 50) but i beleive its induction started it would be around 150-160 in 2016. personally i think that IAI avionics companies like ELBIT,ELISRA&KAISER are developing avionics of FC-20. i think they should cancel the order & get some birds. thoroughly n then answer but don't say PAF can't live without F-16's in 2015 okPLZ think now plz reply ok But don't mind it ok ALLAH-HAFIZ.

Last edited:
Why don't we change it to CNG. I know its smooke free fuel and you can refuel any where you want.:lol::lol:

So this means that our air2air refuelers will actually supply CNG to the jets and not jet fuel.:lol:

Salam, man no one in the world can under-estimate J-10s coz it is secret and even its avionics wic i am sure built with the elp of IAI companies R&D. If u look 2 the front it is quite similar 2 Soufa i know by look u can't beleive it , but trust me most of the people think that it is better 2 have J-10s tan F-16(Right). I think they should induct 150-160 FC-20s by 2016 even 2 replace the F-16s which wort coz F-16 is quite expensive 2 operate even for those which have overhaulin facility like egypt n also FC-20s airframe is 4.5 gen whic makes it stealthy n i heard about the WS-10A that it might be rumoured that it is 24900lb engine but now most of the people sayin that it is in the leage of AL-31F1 or maybe better but are not specifing it .The thing that i want 2 say is that plz PAF should never ever be pressurised 2 buy planes of political choice like BLK-52s($50 million per piece) which everyone will agry that they took earthquake as an EXCUSE to not buy FC-20s i think they should cancel the order & get some birds. PLZ think thoroughly n then answer but don't say PAF can't live without F-16's in 2015 ok
Please consider the fact that FC-20 is still under development if we're to consider it a 4.5 generation fighter. The likely Chinese name for FC-20 is J-10B, and according to Chinese reports/sources - it is still going through testing (of some sort). Granted it may have lower RCS, much better avionics, phased-array radar, stronger engine, TVC, longer-range and higher-payload, etc...but it means little if it hasn't entered production. PAF will receive its first batch around 2010-2011.

Please consider the fact that FC-20 is still under development if we're to consider it a 4.5 generation fighter. The likely Chinese name for FC-20 is J-10B, and according to Chinese reports/sources - it is still going through testing (of some sort). Granted it may have lower RCS, much better avionics, phased-array radar, stronger engine, TVC, longer-range and higher-payload, etc...but it means little if it hasn't entered production. PAF will receive its first batch around 2010-2011.

looking more like 2014 after full induction of JF-17s and F-16s. there is only so much the PAF can do with its limited resources. i wish it was earlier!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have posted this here bcuz it has the latest status of the J-10 purchase for which there is a lot of speculation on the forum

ASIA PACIFIC

Date Posted: 21-Oct-2008

Jane's Defence Weekly

Pakistan strikes deal for Chinese nuclear reactors

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent - Islamabad

Trefor Moss JDW Asia-Pacific Editor - London

A four-day visit to Beijing by Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari ended on 17 October with China agreeing to sell two new nuclear reactors to Pakistan.

However, Zardari failed to secure badly needed financial assistance, in spite of the warm relations between the two countries.

According to sources close to the talks, Zardari asked China for a cash deposit of up to USD3 billion: money that Pakistan needs if it is to avoid defaulting on its current-account payments. Islamabad has a current-account deficit of about USD4 billion and a funding gap of USD10 billion for the financial year to June 2009.

The Chinese rebuttal means that Pakistan will almost certainly have to turn to the International Monetary Fund to help it through an economic crisis driven by high food and fuel prices that, alongside a protracted war against militants in the country's northwest, threatens Pakistan's stability.

However, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Pakistan's foreign minister, on 18 October chose to stress the "deep understanding" between the two countries as he announced the civil nuclear deal.

No announcement was made on the potential purchase of up to 36 J-10 fighter aircraft by Pakistan, although the deal is believed to have been on Zardari's agenda.

Pakistan already operates a Chinese reactor at Chasma in Punjab, where the new reactors will be built, with a second currently under construction at the same site.
Western defence officials said this latest agreement demonstrated that China was prepared to overlook concerns surrounding Pakistan's nuclear programme stemming from the sale of nuclear technology to Iran, Libya and North Korea by the programme's founder AQ Khan.

Pakistan has sought a civil nuclear agreement from the United States to counterbalance Washington's agreement with India, but has been denied such a deal because of Khan's activities.

Pakistani officials renewed their pledge to keep tough safeguards in place surrounding the nuclear programme, including those introduced following the Khan affair. "The world must eventually recognise the systems now in place to control any leakages," a senior Pakistani official told Jane's .

Defence experts believe Pakistan possesses up to 60 nuclear bombs made with uranium and another 10 plutonium-based weapons.

© 2008 Jane's Information Group

H Khan on PakDef said that the first batch would arrive in 2010-2011.

Pakistan Military Consortium :: www.PakDef.info

In the long-run, the PAF could end up with up to 150 FC-20s...as per the link.

Mark-i am only questioning the time-lines for induction of platforms. the way i see it the blk-15 F-16s after the MLU will be in service till atleast 2020. the bkl-52s would probably undergo a MLU at some-point in their service life and would be serving the PAF till atleast 2030 or longer. the mirages and F-7, A-5s would be history in the next 3-5 years. that just leaves the JF-17 and the F-20 and possibly the J-11 which will make the bulk of the PAF fleet in the long term. inducting upto 250 F-17s and 150 F-20s over the 2010-1015 time-span sounds awfully ambitious not to mention keeping the F-16s in full readiness and finally who's to say that more F-16s blk 52 wont be purchased.

Back
Top Bottom