What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Maximum power consumption of 10 kw, high density active electronically scanned array antenna! Now waiting for JFT AESA, getting greedy :D

Note: the f-16 blk 60 APG 80 has 1000 t/r modules so not a bad beginning by Chinese at all...

What about Pakistani plan of J10b procurement Nabil. Do you have any news about that?

J-10b is FC-20 as far as i know. All tech that PAF has asked from China, from design to avionic change, is being fulfilled at this point.

This article on CDF, they are talking about J-10b radar as AESA, containing just under 1200 T/R modules. Good news !

27135976e80062f76c39146.gif

27135976c43636fece03a67.gif

2713597603460e57e90daca.gif

Wow, Nabil, you solved us mystery problems by reading Chinese language. I unable to understood it. :yahoo:

i just posted the images as it is yar, someone else did the hard work. :D

@ Nabil-05
You posted early about the french deal and the customized spectra that PAF asked for and as i recall you also revealed that there is a Chinese defense aid suite similar to spectra so my question is
will it be on the JF-17 Block II and possibly the FC-20??
thanks in advance bro..i know we bother you too much but thats one thing we are very good at :)

i just posted the images as it is yar, someone else did the hard work. :D

i also read that a week back but couldnt make out any thing , even by using google translate on the comments below the post , they seemed to question the original poster.. so i have my fingers crossed

@ Nabil-05
You posted early about the french deal and the customized spectra that PAF asked for and as i recall you also revealed that there is a Chinese defense aid suite similar to spectra so my question is
will it be on the JF-17 Block II and possibly the FC-20??
thanks in advance bro..i know we bother you too much but thats one thing we are very good at :)

The reason why we asked French for a customised spectra was the fact that JFT is already using pretty much a comprehensive EW suite comprising many sensors, jammers, etc so anything coming from France had to be better than the existing. French were too reluctant about that as Spectra is their state of the EW suite for Rafale, we asked a bit too much i guess :).
Now about what i have heard about BLK 2 suite, it is as good as any modern EW out there, shares some EW, sensor fusion tech from FC-20/ J-10b and even a little from J-20. CAC has done a marvel of a job on blk 2 and PAF is anxious about its induction. We are already jumping on our blk 1s. You can guess the rest as i cant go further. :D

The reason why we asked French for a customised spectra was the fact that JFT is already using pretty much a comprehensive EW suite comprising many sensors, jammers, etc so anything coming from France had to be better than the existing. French were too reluctant about that as Spectra is their state of the EW suite for Rafale, we asked a bit too much i guess :).
Now about what i have heard about BLK 2 suite, it is as good as any modern EW out there, shares some EW, sensor fusion tech from FC-20/ J-10b and even a little from J-20. CAC has done a marvel of a job on blk 2 and PAF is anxious about its induction. We are already jumping on our blk 1s. You can guess the rest as i cant go further. :D

Nabil also to add to your post , the sensor fusions used on jf-17 block 2 are of hybrid type, some info was provided by PAF based on the experience of Western aircrafts and some was gotten by China from their past experiences with Sukhoi series and Mig , the sensors used on Sukhois and Migs were studied carefully and the strengths were molded into a new system coupled with western systems know how resulting into a hybrid kind based on the good parts of Russia-Western systems

Some more translation of the highlighted parts from the Chinese article:

1. This AESA radar works at X band 8ghz - 12ghz with a scanning cone of 120 degree
2. It consists of 1275 T/R units with energy consumption of 120kw
3. Because Chinese manufacturing limit the AESA T/R unit arrangement is based on traditional block formation instead of layered formation. In the future once they master the layered formation then more antenna units will be able to be fit on the same radar
4. Radar is designed with high modularity thus easy to maintain and each module can be replaced if malfunction. Modular design also enables the radar size to be flexible to fit different fighter jet nose cone.

Good to see pics of J-10b prototypes again. It is sometime that I saw the pics of j10b during development.

Back
Top Bottom