What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

J-10B equip with AESA radar?

hujfkn.jpg

ZTCD¡°¶ºÄãÍ桱ÐÂͼ£º´ø°åשµÄ10B£¬¾Ý˵ÊÇÓÐÔ´| Ó¥»÷³¤¿Õ - ·ÉÑï¾üÊ ÐñÈÕ³ö¶«·½£¬¾«²ÊÔÚ·ÉÑï - powered by phpwind.net

it seems to be the Twin seater J-10b

another version says its only a shell,not real radar。because that middle wire thing is some words:nanjing 14 xxxxx

Following are some updates by eaglehannon

Confirmed: The 50 new jets will be Block 2 JF-17s. The structure parts will be flown to Chinese for final avionics and testing assembly. Unlike the first block where all avionics were assembled at Kamra. I think thats why Media is confusing "Made in China". The reason is new radar readied by Nanjing Institute with complex assembly procedures. Sensor suit is an upgrade and all Chinese.
I am not sure about this emergency bases thing in Media. I think its wrong news. but I have not confirmed it. This posted info is from a senior person as our ordinary pilots an engineers can not comment on anything as such for obvious reasons. I dont write any account of interaction with them as there has earlier been an incident of disclosure some times back and the blamed person had to bear consiquences (I was not party in that. Someone here was he knows it)

Confirmed: Current block 1s will not be upgraded. It will be replaced by block2s at the end of 150 jets. A new squadern will be raised for the sole purpose of training foreign buyers of this aircraft and rest of the examples will move to CCS to replace ageing Aircrafts. Block 2 might be the last version of JF-17s. The block2 radar (will disclose name and improvements once I get a nod from someone senior... or not) shall be the standard radar for all JF-17s. Improvements will all be based on this standard version. Block 1 radar carrying planes are exception.

Confirmed: FC-20's 90% pending issues are finished. The wings are slightly modified and are composite structures (above 50%). Canard foreplane's hight is slightly changed.
I am sure the tactics for this plane are already in place and this Aircraft will see front lines immediately on induction (my estimate: this years end or starting mid next year). FC-20 is a excellent platform as per pilots. Confirmed by the ones who did it, it does perform that SU30's famous manuver and recovers much faster than it.

Confirmed: SD-10B is already inducted. Numbers are being made up. It is indeed confirmed that side by side performance comparissons put it on par with Aamram120c5s. All JF-17s and FC20s will carry it for next 5 years before a new version is presented. (Confirmed existance of a NG Medium range missile programe by Chinese for their stealth version). The Meteor is out of equation as vendor will now allow integration with Chinese platorms.

From a Chinese source: There is still a posibility of J-11B with russian engine for PK Navy. I said it before in 2009. PAF comment was, its all dependant on WS10 engine which may be common in FC20 and J11B. I wish it materialize as I have heard it over and again by senior navy officers. Surface assets are vulnerable to attack. I remember posting a detailed conversation with a senior navy officer some times ago.

Inshallah will post the postables from my recent interactions as I find time.

Following are some updates by eaglehannon

Confirmed: The 50 new jets will be Block 2 JF-17s. The structure parts will be flown to Chinese for final avionics and testing assembly. Unlike the first block where all avionics were assembled at Kamra. I think thats why Media is confusing "Made in China". The reason is new radar readied by Nanjing Institute with complex assembly procedures. Sensor suit is an upgrade and all Chinese.
I am not sure about this emergency bases thing in Media. I think its wrong news. but I have not confirmed it. This posted info is from a senior person as our ordinary pilots an engineers can not comment on anything as such for obvious reasons. I dont write any account of interaction with them as there has earlier been an incident of disclosure some times back and the blamed person had to bear consiquences (I was not party in that. Someone here was he knows it)

Confirmed: Current block 1s will not be upgraded. It will be replaced by block2s at the end of 150 jets. A new squadern will be raised for the sole purpose of training foreign buyers of this aircraft and rest of the examples will move to CCS to replace ageing Aircrafts. Block 2 might be the last version of JF-17s. The block2 radar (will disclose name and improvements once I get a nod from someone senior... or not) shall be the standard radar for all JF-17s. Improvements will all be based on this standard version. Block 1 radar carrying planes are exception.

Confirmed: FC-20's 90% pending issues are finished. The wings are slightly modified and are composite structures (above 50%). Canard foreplane's hight is slightly changed.
I am sure the tactics for this plane are already in place and this Aircraft will see front lines immediately on induction (my estimate: this years end or starting mid next year). FC-20 is a excellent platform as per pilots. Confirmed by the ones who did it, it does perform that SU30's famous manuver and recovers much faster than it.

Confirmed: SD-10B is already inducted. Numbers are being made up. It is indeed confirmed that side by side performance comparissons put it on par with Aamram120c5s. All JF-17s and FC20s will carry it for next 5 years before a new version is presented. (Confirmed existance of a NG Medium range missile programe by Chinese for their stealth version). The Meteor is out of equation as vendor will now allow integration with Chinese platorms.

From a Chinese source: There is still a posibility of J-11B with russian engine for PK Navy. I said it before in 2009. PAF comment was, its all dependant on WS10 engine which may be common in FC20 and J11B. I wish it materialize as I have heard it over and again by senior navy officers. Surface assets are vulnerable to attack. I remember posting a detailed conversation with a senior navy officer some times ago.

Inshallah will post the postables from my recent interactions as I find time.

Let's hope all this is true.....by end of 2011.

However, you said JF-17 BLK II will replace aging aircraft at CCS? Doesn't CCS operate F-16s....due for MLUs?

Anyway, good info.

The wings are slightly modified and are composite structures (above 50%). Canard foreplane's hight is slightly changed.

dont see much difference..
1257944006509.jpg
1299477271_11.jpg
j10bdiffsmar16.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom