What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Lets keep our powder dry, there's little point in arguing 20 years or 50 years ahead or behind - we need a better understanding of what kinds of problems the Chinese are experiencing, it may be that problems are not of science but of production process, or that problems in a one or two key areas is hampering development overall -- and lets be mindful that overcoming one or more particular problems, whether in science, materials manufacturing or manufacturing process, can have huge implications over a rather short period of time.

Lets try and understand what the problems are before we can make meaningful statements.

Hataf,

I was just thinking about the irony of the fact---the poor man has no place to wash his rickshaw----and then he is being punished in the most humiliating and degrading form----a punishment that is absolutely pathetic---now I wouldn't mind using it on my two boys at home for once, just to give them a taste of 'pakistan'----but for an adult man to do it to another man----that is reprehensible.

As for the engine----before you climb the mountain top---fear the slope---for that is where you get killed---. The engine that sr71 has/had---were designed in the 50's---neither does russia and nor china have anything similiar----china won't be close to manufacturing something like that for maybe another 20--25 years----. Which may put them at about 60----75 years behind america in that technology.

You people think that china is the master of the universe----in some forms it is----but not in engine building----china gets a lots of stuff that is leaked out from U S/russia----in the form of engineers, brain drain and paper material---.

Now think in a different manner----what if the leak is intentional-----out of 10 equations----7 or 8 equations are right----but 2 or 3 ---the most critical are wrong---the way the progress and design is setup----you have to manufacture from 1---7----then you get to the rest---you have invested billion dollars and ten years to get there----and when you get to the point to testing and performing---after you have designed the last 2/3 critical item-----you find that those 2/3 critical items had design flaws---intentional design flaws---which looked good on the paper but had no way of being proven to be incorrect. What if those design flaws were a form of sabotage by the west/russians---.

What if they were put in there intentionally----to keep the chinese going in a way---but to make them stumble at the very end. Industrial sabotage has different forms and shapes----this one of the worst kind.

Let me go back a little bit----if you are the west or russia---you already know that china is going to try to get the design-----now do you fear the moment that they steal it all on their own----just like the israelis did for the mirage 3 designs from switzerland in the 60's when the french put sanctions on them---and you have no control over what happens after that---or you admit to the fact---yes it will happen---it is inevitable---so why not create a ruse----let us set them in the seemingly right direction in bits and pieces----have news media cry about the chinese engineering prowess----create scenarios for the chinese to believe that they are in the right direction and so close to hitting the jackpot------IT IS JUST LIKE ALCHEMY-----EVRYTIME THERE IS JUST A TAD BIT HERE A TAD BIT THERE THAT YOU MISSED THE MAKING OF THE GOLD----.

Some of you were so confident tha you were already fighting your air battles and air superiority of the FC 20 a long time ago----TO THOSE-----HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE SAYING-----PROMISE LESS DELIVER MORE.

^^ Reading this, it seems what MK wrote above had really been the case with China engine development.

there one interesting rumor that FC-20 will come with baseline WS-15 engine instead of WS-10 or WS-10A. What sparks my interest in this is that J-20 will be operationalize circa 2015-2016. PLAAF still have a considerable requirement for replacement of their J-7s and J-8s. So there is a requirement of J-10s. I dont think PLAAF will induct J-20 in huge numbers (may be numbers near USAF raptor i.e. circa 200). The rest will be 4.5th gen or may be single engine stealth(snowy owl, or CAC 5th Gen, J-11D) you never know. J-10B looks more potent than J-10A so there is no reason why PLAAF would sit and wait for 2015-2016 and not replace its aging platforms with J-10B

i want to tell you about this rumour

if your talking about the wikipedia
where in ws-15 search it is written that Ws-15 is to be installed on j-xx and J-10B

then dont be happy because

j-10B is added by me their long time back and it is still their.

and this is true

i want to tell you about this rumour

if your talking about the wikipedia
where in ws-15 search it is written that Ws-15 is to be installed on j-xx and J-10B

then dont be happy because

j-10B is added by me their long time back and it is still their.

and this is true

I Do not consult wikipedia for referencing:no:

A chinese military expert said on cctv that j-10's combat capability was similar with F-16cd.

j-10 will likely to play a main role in future air battle instead of all outdated chinese fighters.

but when do PAF gets this i dont think so it is exists anymore that we get J 10

Pakistan military shall pay much attention to how to make j-10,not total number of j-10

Back
Top Bottom