What's new

Changing Colonial era Names (Philippines, Indonesia)

Should the Philippines and Indonesia be renamed?

• Total voters
Hindustan was named by Persians, Hind was too named by Persian during Achaemenid Empire, Turks and Arabs got those names from Persians and we don't hate Persians.

Hindustan, Hind etc all these names were derived from Sind/Sindh/Sindhu. No offense at all but Sindh is like a baap...hope you got my point.

Turks and Arabs got those names from Persians and we don't hate Persians.

Okay okay so at least now you dump your theory of hating invaders & started to classify them...lol...poor you...i really pity on you:omghaha: :rofl: Today you love Persian invaders, no worry soon you will accept Central Asian, Turk, Arab, Greek & British too.

Where did the name derived from...Sind/Sindh. Who gave that name...Greeks/British Invaders. Don't keep your head in the sand, don't try to be as ignorant as your army or media personals.

Indus flows in India before it enters Pakistan. :lol:

I got the idea from an Indonesian who used the internet handle Sumpit on another site. He said Indonesia should be renamed Nusantara.

Even if the idea behind the name of Indonesia came from westerner, our forefathers including my deceased great grandfather who fought against Netherland in Indonesia Revolution (altough the fact he is a Jap deserter) has Indonesia name for their beloved country in their minds and soul and they had sacrificed everything they have got for our beloved country freedom. And it cannot be changed by the whim of some people. It is about National identity and pride for Indonesian people not some aesthetic or trying to find some meaningful name for a country.

Hindustan, Hind etc all these names were derived from Sind/Sindh/Sindhu.

Okay okay so at least now you dump your theory of hating invaders & started to classify them...lol...poor you...i really pity on you:omghaha: :rofl: Today you love Persian invaders, no worry soon you will accept Central Asian, Turk, Arab, Greek & British too.

Indians never hated the Achaemenid Empire of Cyrus the Great, Achaemenids coined the Term Hind which later became Hindustan. The name 'Pakistan' was invented in some dormitory of Cambridge university in the British land by Rahmat Ali.

Sindhu is a Sanskrit name, the ancient language of India.

Sindhu Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol it originates from China...So???:lol:

Ancient Chinese called Indus as Indian river.

The name China originated from the Sanskrit name Cina. Persian took it from Indians as Chin and it became China in Europe.

http://www.ancient.eu.com/china/
The name `China’ comes from the Sanskrit Cina (derived from the name of the Chinese Qin Dynasty, pronounced `Chin’) which was translated as `Cin’ by the Persians and seems to have become popularized through trade along the Silk Road from China to the rest of the world. The Romans and the Greeks knew the country as `Seres’, “the land where silk comes from”. The name `China’ does not appear in print in the west until 1516 CE in Barbosa’s journals narrating his travels in the east (though the Europeans had long known of China through trade via the Silk Road)

The MILF are a seperatist and may also be called a terrorist group. They do not represent a large percentage of the moro people.

h t t p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_Islamic_Liberation_Front

The MILF denies ties with terrorist group Jemaah Islamiyah, although Jemaah Islamiyah is considered to have provided them with training facilities in areas they control.[14][15] The MILF also continues to deny connections with Al-Qaeda, though it has admitted to sending around 600 volunteers to Al-Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan and that Osama Bin Laden sent money to the Philippines, though the group denies directly receiving any payment.

Basically, your desire to change my country's name stems from..
1. Spratly Island
2. Moro

Good grief..:hitwall: you didn't even post any rebuttal to the thing's i've typed.

The MILF are a seperatist and may also be called a terrorist group. They do not represent a large percentage of the moro people.

h t t p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_Islamic_Liberation_Front

The MILF denies ties with terrorist group Jemaah Islamiyah, although Jemaah Islamiyah is considered to have provided them with training facilities in areas they control.[14][15] The MILF also continues to deny connections with Al-Qaeda, though it has admitted to sending around 600 volunteers to Al-Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan and that Osama Bin Laden sent money to the Philippines, though the group denies directly receiving any payment.

And do you have any rebuttal to the other things that I've said?

Its great to know that your government signs peace deals with terrorists.

MILF says Moros are not Filipino, MNLF also says Moros are not Filipino, and BIFF which is fighting against the Philippines now definitely doesn't think Moros are Filipino, which Moro organization said they are Filipino?

@Apothecary

The Spanish did not even refer to your people as Filipino. They only called Spanish people born in the Philippines as Filipinos, your people were called Indios. So when you say 300 years of intertwined culture and accepting the name, you should call yourself Indios since Spanish called you Indios for 300 years and not Filipino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indians never hated the Achaemenid Empire of Cyrus the Great, Achaemenids coined the Term Hind which later became Hindustan.

indians always claim that they hate invaders & even talk against Pakistan when it named it's missiles after great Muslim Forces who brought the religion of light to this Subcontinent...you seems like a very confused person rite now...sorry no offense. No matter what you post won't change the fact that Hind/Hindustan was derived from Sind/Sindh/Sindhu by Persians who were not natives.

The name 'Pakistan' was invented in some dormitory of Cambridge university in the British land by Rahmat Ali.]

The name Pakistan was coined by a Pakistani Muslim(who believe in Pakistan) & the name is in Urdu language, plus the name is not imported from outside but represent Pakistan by P=Punjab, A=Afghania(KPK, FATA, Waziristan, etc), K=Kashmir, S=Sind, TAN=Balochistan.

Well i'm not sure if Sindhu is a sanskrit name or not but it doesn't matters to me because i don't deny history unlike indians, Sanskrit was language of Subcontinent & our fore fathers were following different religion & rituals before the light of Islam entered the region.

Indians never hated the Achaemenid Empire of Cyrus the Great, Achaemenids coined the Term Hind which later became Hindustan. The name 'Pakistan' was invented in some dormitory of Cambridge university in the British land by Rahmat Ali.

Ancient Chinese called Indus as Indian river.

The name China originated from the Sanskrit name Cina. Persian took it from Indians as Chin and it became China in Europe.

China -- Ancient History Encyclopedia

Chinese don't call their country China in their own language.

indians always claim that they hate invaders & even talk against Pakistan when it named it's missiles after great Muslim Forces who brought the religion of light to this Subcontinent...you seems like a very confused person rite now...sorry no offense. No matter what you post won't change the fact that Hind/Hindustan was derived from Sind/Sindh/Sindhu by Persians who were not natives.

Archaemenid Empire weren't a brutal invaders. Bharat is our primary name.

Do you even know the meaning of the word Sindhu. :lol:

The name Pakistan was coined by a Pakistani Muslim(who believe in Pakistan) & the name is in Urdu language, plus the name is not imported from outside but represent Pakistan by P=Punjab, A=Afghania(KPK, FATA, Waziristan, etc), K=Kashmir, S=Sind, TAN=Balochistan.

What does I stands for.

Well i'm not sure if Sindhu is a sanskrit name or not but it doesn't matters to me because i don't deny history unlike indians, Sanskrit was language of Subcontinent & our fore fathers were following different religion & rituals before the light of Islam entered the region.

That was preserved by Indians. Pakistanis now call Sindh as Sind & Sindhu as Darya-e-Sind.

Hindustan was the name given to you by Persian invaders & as far as i've noticed & heard indians claim they hate invaders.

The word Hindustan is native sanskrit term there is verse in Rig Veda the oldest Hindu religious book which goes like this

Himalyam Samarabhya
Yavadindusarovaram
Tam Deonirmitam Desham
Hindusthanam Prachakshate

Translation: "The country which starts from
Himalayas and the borders of which reach till the Indian Ocean (Indu Sarovaram), has been created by devas and its name is Hindusthan."

Back
Top Bottom