What's new

Changing Bengali attitudes towards Bangladesh

Well he can be that? He may be a hindu too as he used words like Bengali and "Bengalis should be cheering India". I mean even die hard awamilegers don't say such nonsense. But I am guessing he
is just a naive foreigner of BD origin who know nothing about the current state of the country.

Ok - let's do it this way: instead of teaching about the negatives, how about you tell me good things about Bangladesh : )

What is RAWAMI? And why would I be a hindu because I use the term "Bengali"? I'm Muslim but if I was a hindu-Bengali what would be wrong with that in terms of supporting Bangladesh? Why is religion even a part of this discussion in economic policy?

Ok - let's do it this way: instead of teaching about the negatives, how about you tell me good things about Bangladesh : )

What is RAWAMI? And why would I be a hindu because I use the term "Bengali"? I'm Muslim but if I was a hindu-Bengali what would be wrong with that in terms of supporting Bangladesh? Why is religion even a part of this discussion in economic policy?

According to Most Bangladeshi Muslims, Islam comes First and Bangladeshi identity Second. You have already Divorced from Bengali Identity (Two Nation Theory) (Which is the Sole Domain of Indian Bengalis and Bengali Hindus and Buddhists in Bangladesh).

By the Quest of Bangladeshis, We Accept that Bangladeshi Muslims have nothing to do with Bengali Culture and Language (Which is subset of Hindu Culture), Timuridians can Speak in Arabic and Bangladesh is a Clone of Pakistan. :lol:

Hahahaha justice has been served, I'm feeling so vindicated. :bounce:

All other Bangladeshis who talk sense should also be subjected to PDF Bangladeshis and feel the pain! :chilli:

Awami league+ RAW= RAWAMI.:D BTW i didn't coined the term but its very much describe current
BD regime.:)

Noting wrong if you had been an hindu but Hindus are naturally more loyal to india which is a no brainer.I don't blame hindus for that since its natural for them to feel a stronger bond with their brothers across the border. But there are patriotic hindus too but their no. is very very few. And I don't criticize BD but I criticize BAL (awami league) for their india oriented dalal policies and destruction of BD. There is hardly anything positive to talk about actually. DO you Expect the 20 million people who were victims of the share market scam will talk anything positive about the gov.:undecided: Criticizing the regime doesn't mean criticizing the country.

And why the hell should any bangladeshi cheer on India? I can give a endless list of why bangladeshi hate india but that would invite a lot of unnecessary trolling and ruin you thread.:unsure:

Most of the bengalis you will find are bashing political parties not Bangladesh except some Jammati supporter those are blindly razakar supporter and some non bengali bangladeshis and their number are few.

Yes - but really, the image Bangladesh needs to project as a country and as a people is a unified stance. It needs to turn its image around from "We get hit by cyclones every year" to "We're going to be one of the largest economies in the world in 40yrs" & do this consistently.

None has dreamed or said corruption to be eliminated but it can be reduced to a great extant if there is will. Most of the corrupt people keep their money by purchasing flat, plot, depositing at the banks or buying bond or share etc. These can be easily traced and imposing fine and bringing them to giving due tax is quite possible.

Ok - but can you show me some data showing the change of corruption between 2000 & now? I don't need anecdotal facts - I want cold, hard evidence. I have good evidence that things are improving. Can you show me how they're not improving?

Lastly, Indian politicians and bureaucratic system are mostly selfish, Indian ordinary public could be different. It is a different story. But looking recent development one can say closing their eye India wants to dominate and keep it's neighbor down while getting every benefit for itself only.

Does this make sense to you? Consider South-East asian countries like: Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia. They're doing strongly BECAUSE they support each other. Europe is pulling Greece out because it makes financial sense for Europe.

How does it make any sense for India to do well & try to actively keep countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc down? WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO KEEP SOME OF THEIR BIGGEST TRADING PARTNERS DOWN? (And please don't tell me something about religion or something else about angry-birds :what:). I need solid economic reasons why India would want to keep other South Asian countries down. South Asian countries should be supporting South Asian countries. They're each others' biggest trading partners.

Most of the bengalis you will find are bashing political parties not Bangladesh except some Jammati supporter those are blindly razakar supporter and some non bengali bangladeshis and their number are few.

Yes - but really, the image Bangladesh needs to project as a country and as a people is a unified stance. It needs to turn its image around from "We get hit by cyclones every year" to "We're going to be one of the largest economies in the world in 40yrs" & do this consistently.

Ok - but can you show me some data showing the change of corruption between 2000 & now? I don't need anecdotal facts - I want cold, hard evidence. I have good evidence that things are improving. Can you show me how they're not improving?

Does this make sense to you? Consider South-East asian countries like: Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia. They're doing strongly BECAUSE they support each other. Europe is pulling Greece out because it makes financial sense for Europe.

How does it make any sense for India to do well & try to actively keep countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc down? WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO KEEP SOME OF THEIR BIGGEST TRADING PARTNERS DOWN? (And please don't tell me something about religion or something else about angry-birds :what:). I need solid economic reasons why India would want to keep other South Asian countries down. South Asian countries should be supporting South Asian countries. They're each others' biggest trading partners.

That is Crap.

Our Neighbors are not even in the Top 10 Trading Partner of India. It's the Other way round. India is the Top3 Trading Partner of Every Neighbor.

All other Bangladeshis who talk sense should also be subjected to PDF Bangladeshis and feel the pain! :chilli:

Labong can you tell me why West Bengal still using the word the "West" in their state name, move live simply naming the state as Banga or Bengal is always resisted. Because I have seen many West Bengalis who don't like Bangladeshis.

According to Most Bangladeshi Muslims, Islam comes First and Bangladeshi identity Second. You have already Divorced from Bengali Identity (Two Nation Theory) (Which is the Sole Domain of Indian Bengalis and Bengali Hindus and Buddhists in Bangladesh).

By the Quest of Bangladeshis, We Accept that Bangladeshi Muslims have nothing to do with Bengali Culture and Language (Which is subset of Hindu Culture), Timuridians can Speak in Arabic and Bangladesh is a Clone of Pakistan. :lol:

Ok - the words are in English but the sentences make no sense to me or doesn't really seem to have a lot to do with the discussion. Strange. If you don't like people from Bangladesh Bengali, don't call us Bengali.

Somehow I feel like you are really emotionally invested in this very odd discussion about the term "Bengali"... The LOL & Hahaha tells me I should somehow feel insulted... but I'm sitting here scratching my head... Are we still talking about angry birds? ... *confused*...

Do you have anything to add about economic development in South Asia?

Let me disturb your feast of reason and flow of soul with your fellow-Bangladeshis for a brief moment.

For several years there was a business relationship between two Bangladeshi firms, one very big and traditional, one new, creative and innovative, and it formed an impression about Bangladesh and the people there. This is about normal people, not the hideous creatures shambling around the Internet drooling down their chins and brushing the ground with their knuckles.

They are incredibly creative. Wherever an artistic gift was called for, they excel. Multi-media work from there needed toning down, to curb the exuberance and sheer joie de vivre, but it was of a very high order.

They are hard-working. Provided that they were aware that a situation genuinely required an effort, and they were not being asked to stretch themselves to earn an extra penny, they would work around the clock to save the situation.

They are frank and open, but slow to act. It is not the fastest decision-making environment, and in some sectors, they have little or no international exposure. This can lead to a dangerous mismatch of expectations.

They are hungry to learn, but resent condescension. A genuine offer of knowledge is accepted gladly and never forgotten. A smart-arse is heard out politely and sent on his way with warm good wishes for his future endeavors.

They are loyal to a fault, almost to the point of embarrassment. I do not wish to dwell on this, for fear of revealing confidential matters. But once they trust you and believe in you, it is a deep trust.

They are generous. The difficulty is in conveying that a professional executive cannot accept gifts for having done his normal duty, without giving mortal insult.

Bad points?

Manic-depressives; instead of steady, predictable output, we found wild swings between a soaring production rate, at high quality levels, and unsettling pieces of garbage which a fresher would have blushed to acknowledge.

They are quick-tempered, though fortunately very easy to bring around.

They are obsessed with politics, far more than Indians or Pakistanis even, whom we think of as defining the boundaries in that regard.

They are not unduly obsessed with time, which is a relatively inexpensive commodity in that young country. Deadlines became a problem, until we hit upon the brainwave of getting them to work on tools,and retained the production line for ourselves.

They are extremely sensitive. Even an imaginary slight can set off that manic-depressive cycle.

So what I encountered is wholly different from the Internet model, which seems to consist of a different species altogether. If we are talking humans and not a particularly spiteful piece of malware.

Ignorance is a curse and your post is the a good example.:disagree: Nothing but $hit load of crap. Let me get this through your head. India is 23 times bigger than BD, 46 times bigger than SL and 4 times bigger than PAK territoriality. Demographically they have 1/5th of the world population and all this makes india itself a union like the EU.:cheesy: You can't pull examples of EU out of thin air as they don't have any religious differences and some very miniscule amount of cultural difference and (BTW EU will break apart , UK will be the first one to pull out along with greece).

Small countries around this artificial bully known as India have to guard themselves against any sort of wet dreams like your S.Asian union. EU or ASEAN doesn't have a elephant like India.You can't have economic union with a country with which the other neighbors have astronomical differences.

And before you start spouting any rubbish do you know anything about shanti bahini, CHT
insurgency and bongo Bhumi andolon or the LTTE in SL. I am guessing you don''t have any iota of idea about that huh? Who supported these groups. And why is our northern area
becoming barren desert for the farakka dam. Which country is now erecting the tipai dam and
which country kills our people at the border everyday by intruding into BD territory. This is just
the tip of the ice berg but the list of destruction of BD caused by India is endless not to mention the activities of their intellegence agency RAW. :angel:

SO know something about your country's(if you claim to be a Bangladeshi) history before spouting
ignorantly.

That is Crap.

Our Neighbors are not even in the Top 10 Trading Partner of India. It's the Other way round. India is the Top3 Trading Partner of Every Neighbor.

Ahh! Typo on my part - they are significant trading partners & more importantly, political stability and development in other South Asian countries is good for India. So the point still stands.

This brings up a curious thing about you though: Do you believe that India doesn't want other South Asian countries to do well? Can you relate China's growth to India's? Do you see the significance that China's neighbors are Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong etc. And India is surrounded by relatively poor countries? Do you understand South-East Asian (Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam etc) economics?

Btw, I'm not an economist & I've only been reading about this stuff for a few weeks. You guys have ton more post than I do on this forum. You should know about this stuff more than me - or else what're you doing on this forum, if not learning?

Ignorance is a curse and your post is the a good example.:disagree: Nothing but $hit load of crap. Let me get this through your head India is 23 times bigger than BD, 46 times bigger than SL and 4 times bigger than PAK territoriality. Demographically they have 1/5th of the world population and all this makes india itself a union like the EU.:cheesy: You can't pull examples of EU out of thin air as they don't have any religious differences and some very miniscule amount of cultural difference and (BTW EU will break apart , UK will be the first one to pull out along with greece).
Small countries around this artificial bully known as India have to guard themselves against any
sort of wet dreams like your S.Asian union.

And before you start spouting any rubbish do you know anything about shanti bahini, CHT
insurgency and bongo Bhumi andolon or the LTTE in SL. I am guessing you don''t have any iota of idea about that huh? Who supported these groups. And why is our northern area
becoming barren desert for the farakka dam. Which country is now erecting the tipai dam and
which country kills our people at the border everyday by intruding into BD territory. This is just
the tip of the ice berg but the list of destruction of BD caused by India is endless not to mention the activities of their intellegence agency RAW. :angel:

SO know something about your country's(if you claim to be a Bangladeshi) history before spouting
ignorantly.

So teach me something :) Not with these anecdotal evidence. Teach me something with real facts from real data agencies. None of this emotional thing. And I do believe that India will do harm to Bangladesh in some ways - after all, it's looking out for its own interests. That's just reality. I don't understand why you expect a whole different country to hurt practice 100% fair-play all the time.

But I have 0 reason to believe that Bangladesh's relationship with India is OVERALL causing BD harm. I'm talking, if you add up every little bit - I'm pretty sure South Asia as a whole is doing better as India does better AND VICE VERSA. If you can prove otherwise, give it a shot :)

I am just posting a small part of the article that I posted earlier and you can find the link at my post 20. You can easily see corruption level has increased. As the economy has grown, the pattern and the level of the corruption has been changed.

For example during the stock market crash of 1996 it was said that 900 cr taka was looted but this time in recent stock market crash more then 30000 taka has been looted. So it is unwise to compare 2000 to present day. But anyone can say it closing their eyes corruption have been increased specially the big scale corruption but may be some more surveillance has been increased for small scale corruption.

They have said that in terms of money taking out rate 2000-2010 is the peak period. From 1976 to 2000 18.1 billion USD has been taken out and from 2000 another 6.6 billion USD has been taken out.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...desh-between-1990-2008-gfi.html#ixzz22HpeDimu

South Asian countries are far away then the south east asian country economically. South asian countries are fighting to grab the low cost manufacturing job as much as possible. The countries which has better opportunity to succed definitely the other wont allow it.

For example have you wonder why Bangladesh's export to India is only 400 million USD when Bangladesh is exporting 24 billion usd goods to the whole world.

Just recently with the news that India is allowing some duty free export to India there is already a big hue and cry in India and some are creating a phobia that Bangladesh will grab couple of billion USD worth of market in India and Indian RMG will suffer tremendously.

So teach me something :) Not with these anecdotal evidence. Teach me something with real facts from real data agencies. None of this emotional thing.

Nothing is emotional my naive and ignorant friend. All those are historical and facts. Its you who is being naive and acting as the "know it all" type of guy.

And I do believe that India will do harm to Bangladesh in some ways - after all, it's looking out for its own interests. That's just reality. I don't understand why you expect a whole different country to hurt practice 100% fair-play all the time.

I don't expect fair play but just want to keep india at an arms length for all their backstabbing
and exploitation of BD since pre and post 71. Indians are inherently islamophobic and so is their
gov. History is evidence of that and spend some time on this forum and you would know.

But I have 0 reason to believe that Bangladesh's relationship with India is OVERALL causing BD harm.

You can live in denial to satisfy your ego but that won't change reality. You definitely haven't
read my previous post. If you know how to read Bangla do read bengali dailies like Amardesh,
prothom alo and Naya diganta.

I'm talking, if you add up every little bit - I'm pretty sure South Asia as a whole is doing better as India does better AND VICE VERSA.

Read my above post as to why its not possible.

I am just posting a small part of the article that I posted earlier and you can find the link at my post 20. You can easily see corruption level has increased. As the economy has grown, the pattern and the level of the corruption has been changed.

For example during the stock market crash of 1996 it was said that 900 cr taka was looted but this time in recent stock market crash more then 30000 taka has been looted. So it is unwise to compare 2000 to present day. But anyone can say it closing their eyes corruption have been increased specially the big scale corruption but may be some more surveillance has been increased for small scale corruption.

This is what I mean by "anecdotal" - you tell me about a small article as evidence. What you say may be true but it doesn't talk about corruption as a whole in the government.

Here's what I'm offering as proof that corruption is decreasing: Transparency International (premier world-wide recognized agency that ranks corruption by countries) has consistently evaluated that Bangladesh has steadily improved in corruption since 2005.

Now consider my source: Transparency International & your source: a small article. Do you understand why I think you should really read a lot more & learn more about Bangladesh?

South Asian countries are far away then the south east asian country economically. South asian countries are fighting to grab the low cost manufacturing job as much as possible. The countries which has better opportunity to succed definitely the other wont allow it.

For example have you wonder why Bangladesh's export to India is only 400 million USD when Bangladesh is exporting 24 billion usd goods to the whole world.

Just recently with the news that India is allowing some duty free export to India there is already a big hue and cry in India and some are creating a phobia that Bangladesh will grab couple of billion USD worth of market in India and Indian RMG will suffer tremendously.

Once again: anecdotal evidence. Public outcry in India doesn't mean it makes economic sense for India to keep Bangladesh down. I'm sure there are idiots out in India who have emotional issues. But again, anecdotal evidence.

Here's something easy to find: by year, can you show me Bangladesh's export into India. And Sri Lanka's into India, Pakistan's into India etc. It'd be helpful if you could also show export-import between rest of the South Asian coutries.

Back
Top Bottom