What's new

Change of Pakistan Rangers uniform?

ThunderCat

Reaction score
When i grew up in Karachi during the 90s, I noticed that rangers wore blue shirts, black pants and black caps- the same as I see on Islamabad capital police on pics and videos.

Now I see videos and pics of them in brown, more military style outfits. Has there been a change in uniform or did I see something else when I lived in KHI?

the uniform was changed some time back, well as long as i can remember.
guess u have been away from khi for a very long time other wise any time in the last couple of decades u couldent have missed it.

When i grew up in Karachi during the 90s, I noticed that rangers wore blue shirts, black pants and black caps- the same as I see on Islamabad capital police on pics and videos.

Now I see videos and pics of them in brown, more military style outfits. Has there been a change in uniform or did I see something else when I lived in KHI?

Ever since I have seen Sindh Rangers wear Green and Camofladge uniforms and there is no change for last 20 years

so which organization use the blue shirts and black pants?

I have no idea about black trousers and blue shirts, closer to it is Islamabad Police and ASF who wear blue shirts and navy blue trousers. And PAF also wears similar uniform.

I grew up in Karachi in mid & late 90's but i saw Rangers always wear this military style uniform, maybe you are mistaken or may be what i saw was Army?

BTW back then when i was kid, I didn't know how to diffrenciate between Rangers & Army so i used to thought Rangers as Army guys & often i used to Salute them too & they Salute back with smile.

Love these defenders of Pakistan.:pakistan:

I have no idea about black trousers and blue shirts, closer to it is Islamabad Police and ASF who wear blue shirts and navy blue trousers. And PAF also wears similar uniform.

Well from what I remember they drove around in trucks with machine guns mounted on the top of the trucks. They also drove on motorbikes. I also saw them at the airports. Blue shirts, black caps and pants. Maybe they were a different subdivision amongst the rangers or maybe a change in uniform. But definitely not police. They had no police labels or rode on any police vehicles.

I'm quite sure they were rangers. If I'm not mistaken their vehicles has rangers signs on them.

Ever since I have seen Sindh Rangers wear Green and Camofladge uniforms and there is no change for last 20 years

No he is right they use to wear the very different uniforms in 90's

light green shirts and dark green trousers were their initial unifom.

light green shirts and dark green trousers were their initial unifom.

Sir they still wear same uniform probably discontinued with sweater once converted to Pakistan Rangers Sindh from Mehran Rangers in 1995. Now they mostly use combat dress during routine duties and green continues as ceremonial dress.

Here's a video I found showing both police and rangers, but who are the people in the blue shirt and dark trousers? They look similar to the people I saw mainly in the 90s and percieved to be Rangers. Are they Rangers? if not what organization are they?:
karachi blast near CAS school - YouTube

hmm back in 2008 they used to wear the black and blue uniforms.

unfortunately we used to live in a lawless part of karachi; north nazimabad so no ranger sighting for me! just big tall guys with guns and on the back of the jacket says ARMY or MQM ;)

Back
Top Bottom