What's new

Challenger 2 loss analysis

LeGenD

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Challenger 2 does not have blowout panels and blast door(s) like in M1 Abrams.
Challenger 2 ammo storage is not safe like in M1 Abrams.
Challenger 2 given to Ukraine is less protected than British variants.

Challenger 2 struck a mine and the crew abandoned the tank.
Russian forces struck the abandoned tank repeatedly to destroy it.

----

Challenger 2 standard armor package is good but the tank is lacking in comparison to M1 Abrams.
The British need to revisit their tank design.

----

@aziqbal
@iLION12345_1
@PanzerKiel
@Signalian

One of the biggest problems for tanks in this weight class is simply trying to recover them,especially if under fire.

Challenger 2 does not have blowout panels and blast door(s) like in M1 Abrams.
Challenger 2 ammo storage is not safe like in M1 Abrams.
Challenger 2 given to Ukraine is less protected than British variants.

Challenger 2 struck a mine and the crew abandoned the tank.
Russian forces struck the abandoned tank repeatedly to destroy it.

----

Challenger 2 standard armor package is good but the tank is lacking in comparison to M1 Abrams.
The British need to revisit their tank design.

----

@aziqbal
@iLION12345_1
@PanzerKiel
@Signalian
I suppose this has been known for a while, Challenger 2 always reminded me of a bunch of bandages over a leaking dam, they didn’t fix foundational issues like ammo storage and blow-out panels and crew compartment safety (nor the rifled gun) and instead just kept on putting armor over everything in the hopes that it would be enough. But the ones sent to Ukraine are basically bare tanks.

I suppose this is why they’ve been investing in challenger 3 despite being the one country everyone was looking at to finally “give up on tanks” because “they’re obsolete” even though this is entirely false.

The Abrams and the Leopard are the two pinnacles of tank technology in the modern era, not the T14 and K2, of the latter, one is far too specialized in a single role and terrain, understandably, and the other is a pipe dream of economic issues.​

To be fair the Challenger 2 is a extremely well built tank and there are improvements in the C3

It’s war things happen and only 1 was lost

We cannot extract any more information form that

It’s premature to discuss features based on one single loss

IMG_0153.jpeg
IMG_0154.jpeg

Very bad omen when a tank is burned like this. That means the challenger 2 tank armor is destroyed.
Leopards 2 combined armor offers a much better protection. It’s almost impossible to destroy leopards 2 armor.

Probably the reason why Europe’s tank armies prefer German tanks.

Very bad omen when a tank is burned like this. That means the challenger 2 tank armor is destroyed.
Leopards 2 combined armor offers a much better protection. It’s almost impossible to destroy leopards 2 armor.

No

the Germans have a large army and it was always going to be the vanguard of Europe during the Cold War

As such they had huge tank divisions and built many leopards in the 1000s

Because of that larger pool it made logistics easier and hence more economical for other country’s to buy

UK is a island it did not need anywhere near the number of armored divisions as Germany

No

the Germans have a large army and it was always going to be the vanguard of Europe during the Cold War

As such they had huge tank divisions and built many leopards in the 1000s

Because of that larger pool it made logistics easier and hence more economical for other country’s to buy

UK is a island it did not need anywhere near the number of armored divisions as Germany
Yes and no
Challenger has rifle gun while leopards smooth gun. The logistics and ammo for the latter is more widely available. That makes war cheaper and cost effective.

It has fared no worse than the leopards in Ukraine!! And it will fair no worse than the m1a1. When you get ur tracks blown out by a mine then it is a sitting duck and eventually something like kornet will get through if you fire enough of them

The Challenger is a more precise instrument- been referred to a sniper tank by the Ukrainian operators who have said that many times already now.

It has fared no worse than the leopards in Ukraine!! And it will fair no worse than the m1a1. When you get ur tracks blown out by a mine then it is a sitting duck and eventually something like kornet will get through if you fire enough of them

The Challenger is a more precise instrument- been referred to a sniper tank by the Ukrainian operators who have said that many times already now.
No tank can withstand mines. Tank tracks are the most vulnerable parts. Yes I read it. Ukraine calls sniper gun because challenger has a rifle cannon. It can fire tank projectiles at very high distance. And hit targets more precise than smooth cannon from leopards and abram tanks.

The Challenger have a better k/d ratio to any modern Nato Tanks. This is coming from a leopard fanboy.

I would argue that challenger is better fit for fighting in this war than Leopard 2 because it is what it is designed to do. To fight horde of obsolete rusky cold war tanks. And the HESH rounds can pretty much cook any Rusky in their tanks.

the Challenger is a very good tank

one of the Worlds very best

and the Challenger 3 will surpass anything in the World that is operational

however the Leopard 2A8 is also a very highly ranked tank

US Abrams are just embarrassing which is one reason they are too afraid to field them in Ukraine with 31 held in reserve until the war is over

General Dynamics is just too worried about their reputation and exports will be hurt if they field their junk

Back
Top Bottom