What's new

CFO of Chinese tech giant Huawei arrested in Vancouver, sought by U.S. for extradition

Don't be ridiculous.

Huawei fully knows that the US forbids its exports to reach Iran, and it was fully understood when Huawei decided to purchase chips for its smartphones from US suppliers. Now that they've violated that contract, it is up to their leadership to bear the consequences that they should've seen coming from the recent ZTE Iran fiasco.

Huawei is finished.

Oh shit, I must quickly check if I have any shares in the company.

Don't be ridiculous.

Huawei fully knows that the US forbids its exports to reach Iran, and it was fully understood when Huawei decided to purchase chips for its smartphones from US suppliers. Now that they've violated that contract, it is up to their leadership to bear the consequences that they should've seen coming from the recent ZTE Iran fiasco.

Huawei is not under US jurisdiction and is under no legal obligation to abide by US domestic law. That's extrajudicial kidnapping. Otherwise, China can take any US citizens around the world and trial them under Chinese law.

Huawei is finished.

Oh shit, I must quickly check if I have any shares in the company.
Xiaomi, Oppo etc anything related to CN r the next preys ha ha ha :laugh:

Huawei is not under US jurisdiction and is under no legal obligation to abide by US domestic law. That's extrajudicial kidnapping. Otherwise, China can take any US citizens around the world and trial them under Chinese law.
Good.thats what ppl wanna see.

When it signed contracts to purchase US subcomponents, it would've agreed to not violate US sanctions by re-selling its phones to prohibited countries. Huawei then knowingly violated this agreement, if US investigation turns out true, a proper response to which would be to bring its leaders to court.

This is actually a lenient response; if the US had banned Huawei from importing chips for life, the company would be kaput.

It is illegal. But does china have the balls to bell the cat?

Huawei is purchasing products from an American company and is doing business in America. They are very much covered under the US law.

If my analysis is not wrong, Trump is getting desperate resorting to this move. I reckon he did not get the concessions he demanded last week. The US press grilled him and he is pissed, this is a childish revenge. If tariffs alone was enough to dominate China, he wouldn't need to do this. =). Farmers are getting pissed in the Midwest..... =)

CHINA will never abandon Made in CHINA 2025 PLAN and will never stop to innovate in HIGH techs fields!!!
Whatever US do and say!
Chill bro, we had been playing this game for decades. Be patient. If China was really scared, they would have launched our WMD, those US$ bonds. If Xi is still chilling in Portugal, it means we still have room to maneuver.

Realize China did not even retaliate on cutting off US supply chain, we could have done the same shit with any US company, might hurt us of course but it would have forced the corporate lobby into action. China is just playing evasive all along, and you realise after a while Trump will just reverse his 'punishments' example ZTE. He just wants to show power, what is 1billion US$ in fines? My ex company got fined 500mil$ by US just because we bribed the Brazillians, I don't see the Dutch doing anything.

Next time,US yankees can make a law like this:All men and women call themselve as Chinese or have Chinese nationality will be arrested and considered guilty ,in this case,all Chinese including XI Jinping can be arrested by US laws once for all!
And all assets and money of all Chineses can be fined into US treasury for good !
This is a once for all law!
To be simple: You are not equal but guilty since you are born as a Chinese!

Next time,US yankees can make a law like this:All men and women call themselve as Chinese or have Chinese nationality will be arrested and considered guilty ,in this case,all Chinese including XI Jinping can be arrested by US laws once for all!
And all assets and money of all Chineses can be fined into US treasury for good !
This is a once for all law!
To be simple: You are not equal but guilty since you are born as a Chinese!
Any simple foolish act would just get emotional and arrest some US exec in China. Did we do that? Keep your head cool, this is a game.

Back
Top Bottom