What's new

Caught red handed : bad propaganda passing as news about Rafale in UAE.

this is true if Canada pulls out it'll raise the price of F-35s by $1 million if I remember correctly

but I don't expect Canada and other countries to pull out of buying the F-35 or cut orders
Well I'm not so confident if I'm honest.

Canadian Participation in F-35 Program Remains Murky; U.S. Hopes for Open Competition for CF-18 Replacement - USNI News

SNAFU!: Australian Defense White Paper cancels 25 F-35's!
and also the F-35 price to buy is predicted to fall to around $80 to $85 million in the next few years.

significantly lower than the F-15,Rafale, and Typhoon.

Not "signifcantly lower" than the Rafale at all:

-Rafale B (two seat AF version)--->$80* million USD (2014)--->$84* million USD (in 2016 assuming a 5%** price increase from 2014 to 2016)
-Rafale C (single seat AF version)---> $74* million USD (2014)---> $77* million USD (in 2016 assuming a 5%** price increase from 2014 to 2016)
-Rafale M (single seat naval version, note no two seat naval version exists as of now) $85* million USD (2014)---> $89* million USD (in 2016 assuming a 5%** price increase from 2014 to 2016)

*all EUR-USD ERs are as of 27/2/2016 and thus subject to some degree of fluctuation depending on the ER base the GoI would be using as part of their ongoing talks with Dassualt

**5% is a "worst case" scenerio but worth factoring in, the unit price may actually have inflated well below this level

Real jet fighter prices : Rafale, F-35 2015-16.

These are not projected costs but what the Rafale has actually been found to cost- everything about the F-35 is ifs and buts and condtioned on the F-35 business model being sound and fulfilled entirely and yet we can already see the cracks emerging.

Back
Top Bottom