What's new

Caught red handed : bad propaganda passing as news about Rafale in UAE.

Taygibay

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
France
This may very well be the simplest way to show some gullible members how to avoid being fooled
by unscrupulous if not paid to lie journalists and their agenda.

Today, Saturday February 27th 2016, a shitty news agency came out with this piece

UAE says Rafale proposal "unworkable" | Terra
apparently throwing doubt on a possible UAE deal that was discussed this week on PDF.

I took a picture of it in case they later try to retract or say it did not happen :
terrabs.png

Do check the date stamp atop the article!

And here is the 2011 original Reuters article that they integrally copied ( reproduced ) :

UAE says Rafale proposal unworkable| Reuters
with another screen snapshot of it :
Reuters original.png

Again check date stamp!

This was the bottom line credits on the original :
(Additional reporting by Tim Hepher, John Irish and Elizabeth Pineau in Paris; Editing by Sitaraman Shankar and Elaine Hardcastle)
And this was the one on today's useless reprint :
(Additional reporting by Tim Hepher; Editing by Sitaraman Shankar)

RIP then to John Irish, Elizabeth Pineau and Elaine Hardcastle who've apparently gone MIA since
and shame on whomever pulled that trick.

N.B. I did not chose this to defend "my" Rafale but in fact because I know more about my national
fighter and about my government.
For a Frenchman : mentions of Sarkozy as Prez and Longuet as DM today ...
when the real men in these jobs are François Hollande and Jean-Yves Le Drian could not be missed.

So, may this serve as a warning to all the latest news aficionados; in Kipling's immortal words,
do not become fools trapped by knaves twisting the truth, even if the knaves are but idiots.
Doubt their reasons for being so bad at their job instead?

Food for thought, Tay.

@Picdelamirand-oil @halloweene @Vauban @PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy

P.S. Don't hesitate to re-tag people for educational value, mates.

Last edited:
But there's no doubt that the Rafale costs a bomb! Few countries would be able to afford it. Dassault has priced it out of the market.

How is that relevant to this thread?
Besides, it is wrong and I'll have another thread on how to properly source jet prices
out by tomorrow at latest to assuage your delusions anyhow.

Good day, Tay.

looks like more F-16 blk 60/61 for the UaE or even a blk 70, and then F-35s

F-35 is suppose to sell for $80 to $85 million in 2019

??? So you didn't get that it was a fake news despite THAT being the exact subject of the thread, C130?

A bit disappointed I must say, Tay

But there's no doubt that the Rafale costs a bomb! Few countries would be able to afford it. Dassault has priced it out of the market.

RAFALE unit costs can still be substantiated as they bring to the table additional capability, quality and freedom to use but no one can rationalize the costs of the weapons and MLUs. That is the biggest risk with going with RAFALEs.

one of the co-writers seems to be an indian and from Indian's perspective casting any doubts on UAE deal might pressure France to give in to indian demands on indian deal. go figure

This may very well be the simplest way to show some gullible members how to avoid being fooled
by unscrupulous if not paid to lie journalists and their agenda.

Today, Saturday February 27th 2016, a shitty news agency came out with this piece

UAE says Rafale proposal "unworkable" | Terra
apparently throwing doubt on a possible UAE deal that was discussed this week on PDF.

I took a picture of it in case they later try to retract or say it did not happen :
View attachment 295655
Do check the date stamp atop the article!

And here is the 2011 original Reuters article that they integrally copied ( reproduced ) :

UAE says Rafale proposal unworkable| Reuters
with another screen snapshot of it :
View attachment 295656
Again check date stamp!

This was the bottom line credits on the original :
(Additional reporting by Tim Hepher, John Irish and Elizabeth Pineau in Paris; Editing by Sitaraman Shankar and Elaine Hardcastle)
And this was the one on today's useless reprint :
(Additional reporting by Tim Hepher; Editing by Sitaraman Shankar)

RIP then to John Irish, Elizabeth Pineau and Elaine Hardcastle who've apparently gone MIA since
and shame on whomever pulled that trick.

N.B. I did not chose this to defend "my" Rafale but in fact because I know more about my national
fighter and about my government.
For a Frenchman : mentions of Sarkozy as Prez and Longuet as DM today ...
when the real men in these jobs are François Hollande and Jean-Yves Le Drian could not be missed.

So, may this serve as a warning to all the latest news aficionados; in Kipling's immortal words,
do not become fools trapped by knaves twisting the truth, even if the knaves are but idiots.
Doubt their reasons for being so bad at their job instead?

Food for thought, Tay.

P.S. Don't hesitate to re-tag people for educational value, mates.

^^^
Yup, man! I had noted that but then again one could note that the source is a Spanish news agency
that could thus be backing the L2 item of MMRCA, i.e. Eurofighter 2000. :whistle:

But I was really not trying to debate their motives although I understand the interest in doing so.
I was just trying to show how unreliable such general press sources are ... which now that you
mention it is also an Indian problem ;).

OH! Well ... Good day to you, Tay.

so what should i believe now @Taygibay :undecided:

i don't know why i am sure that uae will make the deal with dassault at the end

I trust so too mate! That silly news item re-run shows desperation.

Time will tell, Tay.

F-35 is suppose to sell for $80 to $85 million in 2019
IF the projected production run takes place- which it never will IMO with almost every F-35 customer's commitment looking questionable (Aus and Canada the prime examples). Once a few start to pull out the costs increase for everyone else, more orders are pulled and the death sprial begins. Even the US has revised (downwards) their requirements for the F-35.

IF the projected production run takes place- which it never will IMO with almost every F-35 customer's commitment looking questionable (Aus and Canada the prime examples). Once a few start to pull out the costs increase for everyone else, more orders are pulled and the death sprial begins. Even the US has revised (downwards) their requirements for the F-35.
this is true if Canada pulls out it'll raise the price of F-35s by $1 million if I remember correctly

but I don't expect Canada and other countries to pull out of buying the F-35 or cut orders

and also the F-35 price to buy is predicted to fall to around $80 to $85 million in the next few years.

significantly lower than the F-15,Rafale, and Typhoon.

Back
Top Bottom