What's new

Captain Vikram Batra : Torturer Turned War Hero

PAK army referred to him as Sher Shah ("Lion King"), that's itself explains his reputation.

The rest are just propaganda as usual...

You have to stop being an ultra-nationalist. :) He may have been brave as a soldier in Kargil but the OP describes his brutality against Kashmiri civilians. Let us acknowledge that.

Edit : I haven't watched Sidharth Malhotra's film so I don't know who calls Batra as Shershah.

Last edited:
PAK army referred to him as Sher Shah ("Lion King"), that's itself explains his reputation.

lol, where PA said he was sher Shah lol do you have any proofs to prove your point other than Pakistan or Indian source and again lol, if world media present stats your BARBAISM IN IOK OR ANYWHERE IN INDIA, THEN YOU CALL IT PROPAGANDA AGAINST YOU LOL

AND IF SAME WORLD MEDIA REPORTING BAD THINGS IN PAKISTAN THAN YOU CALL IT TRUTH LOL

lol, where PA said he was sher Shah lol do you have any proofs to prove your point other than Pakistan or Indian source and again lol, if world media present stats your BARBAISM IN IOK OR ANYWHERE IN INDIA, THEN YOU CALL IT PROPAGANDA AGAINST YOU LOL

AND IF SAME WORLD MEDIA REPORTING BAD THINGS IN PAKISTAN THAN YOU CALL IT TRUTH LOL

Is there any proof that what OP mentioned in the thread?

1st ask him about this propaganda thread then come to me, I will provide...

brutality against Kashmiri civilians...

I agreed, there were many killed in Kashmir during the pick after 1989, cross-border armed support...... But more then 50,000 killed in pakistan after 9/11 as claim by pak goverment....

Was they not human?

I can provide also proof that how the country used their military armed helicopters against their own people during the crises in their countries.

But they are happy to talk about other countries.

Last edited:
Bravery, how?
200 odd militants vs 350k regular Indian soldiers, J&K police and CRPF making it the most militarized zone in the world. The tales of bravery against the helpless people are laughable.
The time of bravery came when Chinese came knocking on the door and when the talibs took their buddies to task and we all know the "bravehearts" preferred to run away from both...

Proof??
Indians don't accept any proof whatsoever and everyone knows it. But here is a link for you to call it fake or propaganda.
[/URL]

THIS CALLED A PROPANGANDA I WILL SHOW YOU LOTS OF BBC/CNN ARTICLES THAT YOUR ARY RAPING CRIMES IN THE VALLEY, REST OF YOUR POST USELESS BECUASE YOU HAVE NO NEUTRAL SOURCE TO PROVE YOUR POINT OTHER THAN INDIAN SOURCE

Bravery, how?
200 odd militants vs 350k regular Indian soldiers, J&K police and CRPF making it the most militarized zone in the world. The tales of bravery against the helpless people are laughable.
The time of bravery came when Chinese came knocking on the door and when the talibs took their buddies to task and we all know the "bravehearts" preferred to run away from both...

Indians don't accept any proof whatsoever and everyone knows it. But here is a link for you to call it fake or propaganda.
[/URL]

There is a reason and even most of the Indians not agreed.. .And, it started after 1989, armed support by the cross border.

It had not been done... the situation in Kashmir will very normal. India is not only responsible. Pakistan is also fully responsible if they are suffering. It is all about good terrorism and freedom fighters. in this case, both are responsible.
THIS CALLED A PROPANGANDA I WILL SHOW YOU LOTS OF BBC/CNN ARTICLES THAT YOUR ARY RAPING CRIMES IN THE VALLEY, REST OF YOUR POST USELESS BECUASE YOU HAVE NO NEUTRAL SOURCE TO PROVE YOUR POINT OTHER THAN INDIAN SOURCE

I am waiting especially about Rape cases... And, if happened then also no action was taken by the Indian government against those culprits... Those are supported by the Indian army and there were no charges against them,.

Can we also deny the Kunan-Poshpora incident ?

I can provide also proof that how the country used their military armed helicopters against their own people during the crises in their countries.

Can we be certain that those Pakistani people killed were not right-wing criminals ? It is unfortunate that the Indian military has chosen not to act against the right-wing criminals afflicting India.

There is a reason and even most of the Indians not agreed.. .And, it started after 1989, armed support by the cross border.

It had not been done... the situation in Kashmir will very normal. India is not only responsible. Pakistan is also fully responsible if they are suffering. It is all about good terrorism and freedom fighters. in this case, both are responsible.

I am waiting especially about Rape cases... And, if happened then also no action was taken by the Indian government against those culprits... Those are supported by the Indian army and there were no charges against them,.
Like i said, Indians believe what their govt says even the otherwise celebrated Sashi Throor is not different that Guarav Arya. Human right agencies put the number of civilians killed at 100,000, with 8 to 12 thousand people missing. You can blame Pakistan all you want but it won't change the fact that Indian army has used rape and extra judicial killing in Kashmir as a state policy.

I believe, after reading many Indian accounts as well, that Sher Shah was his code name for wireless comm within his unit and brigade.....all these communications were later intercepted by Pakistan Army as well, so they also started to refer to him as Sher Shah since they didnt know his real name.

Can we also deny the Kunan-Poshpora incident ?
Everything can be denied once you are an ultranationalist. No amount of proofs will ever be enough to open their eyes.

This individual is just a symptom of hindutva. Gentlemen, solution to this is simple. Pakistan must tilt the power balance in its favor which is very hard but not impossible. Hindus must pay for their crimes whether in india or elsewhere.

“He handed me a can of petrol, asking me to set my house on fire as he repeatedly kept saying that militants were hiding inside. I told him I wouldn’t do that and asked him to search the area for any militants. My response angered him and he tied a rope around my neck. For the next couple of hours, I was made to parade around, dragged with the rope, or forced to sit in a way that my limbs were tangled. I was repeatedly slapped and kicked. I told him it was better to kill me. He took out his gun pointing it at my throat, the barrel placed just over my jugular vein, and then remarked that he wouldn’t want to waste a bullet on me”, Haja, 55, told me when I met her last summer at her home in Dooru area of North Kashmir’s Sopore town.

This is not the only case of its kind in Kashmir. Over the years, in its war on Kashmir, the Indian forces, as a matter of Indian State’s policy, have specifically targeted women with torture. Rape is used as a weapon of war to get back at the pro-freedom population of Kashmir. In its 1993 report, Rape in Kashmir: A crime of War Asia Watch gave a glimpse of what was happening in Kashmir. The human rights organization reported about the ‘Standard operating Procedures’, saying that during crackdowns, cordon-and-search operations men are held for identification in parks or schoolyards while security forces search their homes. The report further added, “In these situations, the security forces frequently engage in collective punishment against the civilian population, most frequently by beating or otherwise assaulting residents, and burning their homes.” [Emphasis added].

Haja’s case is not an exception to this ‘collective punishment’; there are thousands of such cases. But I am especially reminded of this case from Dooru today because the person involved in the torture of the women was Captain Vikram Batra, who India celebrates as her Kargil War hero. Every 26th of July on the Kargil ‘Vijay Divas’, there are stories of his ‘bravery’ repeated in the Indian media, of how he led his men to ‘victory’ and died in action, later awarded the Param Vir Chakra. The Indian army has some of the fanciest words for the torturer turned hero on its website, “Captain Vikram Batra… displayed the most conspicuous personal bravery… in the face of the enemy and made the supreme sacrifice in the highest traditions of the Indian Army.”

One wonders why the story of the ‘bravery’ of such heroes, displayed by torturing women in Kashmir, is never made public! Torturing a woman must be for the Indian army ‘the most conspicuous personal bravery’.

Two years before the Kargil War, on 10 September 1997, there was a crackdown in Seeloo by Indian forces headed by Vikram Batra. While most of the men ran away to avoid the wrath, Captain Batra took it upon himself to teach the pro-Azadi village a lesson. Along with Haja, three other women were ruthlessly beaten. They were kicked in the abdomen repeatedly, beaten with sticks and rifle butts, paraded around while tied to ropes and dragged across the village. Their hair was trimmed. Haja’s daughter wasn’t spared either. The Captain kept asking the villagers to point out to Haja’s daughters but no one did. “When Batra hit me, my daughter, now 24, couldn’t hold back. She got up from the group of villagers she was sitting with and a cry escaped her lips. She was just a kid then, but he held her by the hair, slapped her couple of times and threw her to the ground,” Haja remembered.

The men from the village filed an FIR the next day, following which the Captain tried to bribe them to withdraw the case. When that didn’t work, he held the men of the village in custody from morning to evening for several days. “Captain Batra called a meeting of the villagers in a local school soon after, asking everyone to gather there. He compelled us to withdraw the case and the Auqaaf committee head was tortured as well. Then the entire village protested against his highhandedness outside the Sopore police station. [After that] he was transferred from Seeloo camp to Sopore – that was all. What sort of justice should one call this? It was a joke.” Haja went on to add, “The Captain even told me that if I didn’t withdraw the case or state that I had forgiven him, he would pick my daughters and take them away. It was frightening.”

Asha, 65, who was also tortured that day, recalled, “Batra tried to give us money, bought ration for us, but we didn’t take a thing. He asked me for forgiveness a couple of times but how could I forgive him? I told him ‘you did what you had to do. There can be no forgiveness for it. If you want to beat me again, you can; but don’t seek forgiveness for what you did’.”

As I prepared to leave, Haja’s son, now in his late 20s, suddenly spoke up after having silently listened to his mother and neighbours narrate the story to me. “I was a kid then, I didn’t understand much of what had happened; but now I do. We reject Indian democracy and even if India someday manages to completely rule over Kashmir, we would still reject it. That incident has only made our resolve for Azadi stronger. All we seek is freedom from the country that has tortured us so much. We may have good roads and everything, but it doesn’t affect us. We want Azadi.” It was his resolve but what was more chilling was his another resolve of taking the extreme step. It was just that Captain Batra died another day. (Courtesy Voice of East)

Salute to the Pakistani soldiers who put a bullet in this scumbag and ended his miserable life

indians soldiers like their counter parts Israeli and US are the worst

Can we be certain that those Pakistani people killed were not right-wing criminals ? It is unfortunate that the Indian military has chosen not to act against the right-wing criminals afflicting India.

Unsure, what does mean by the right-wing? I do not belong to the right or left but very much I do criticize both of them.

If anyone does armed or terrorism against India or does criminal activity.... does not matter belongs to which religion, she/he should get punished or killed. The country is bigger than any religion or anything.

The Islamic Republic where only a Muslim can become the President and Prime Minister................... Is there any such thing in India? Those who criticize the right wings, need to look at the mirror first.

1. Does any school not allow to study in their school?
2. Does any government office select the person based on religion?
3. does any private company look at religion?
4. Does any hospital look at religion? the list can go on...

Who does not allow them to grow under BJP (right-wing) or any other government? 1st ask the question to yourself then finger point on others.
---

If you asked me... I have a few Muslims friends (educated and uneducated both) -
one Muslim friend is having only two kids and he is worried about his kid's education and future. he sends them to a private school for better future.

another friend, he sells chicken and having 4 kids..... he says, Allah ki Marji hai...... their kids go to the government school. He actually does not have any future plan for their kids..

Now, you tell me..... if (hope I am wrong) their 4 kids will not succeed then should they blame to the right wing?

communal violence - most were started from MUslims populated areas, the question is "why"?

Have you ever asked such question to yourself?

Last edited:
Unsure, what does mean by the right-wing?

rw criminals 1.jpg
rw criminals 2.jpg
rw criminals 3.jpg
rw criminals 4.jpg

I do not belong to the right or left but very much I do criticize both of them.

Why would you criticize the left ?

If anyone does armed or terrorism against India or does criminal activity.... does not matter belongs to which religion, she/he should get punished or killed. The country is bigger than any religion or anything.

Agreed.

The Islamic Republic where only a Muslim can become the President and Prime Minister................... Is there any such thing in India? Those who criticize the right wings, need to look at the mirror first.

Come on, we all know APJ Abdul Kalam was made the President because, though he was otherwise a good man, he managed to foolishly get himself grouped within the Hindutvadi camp. Hence he being the Muslim whose name is respectfully used by that camp.

Also, the top most executive authority in India is the Prime Minister. I don't think as long as India's unscientific and undemocratic political system exists a Muslim will be able to have that position.

1. Does any school not allow to study in their school?

Well, the history of private schooling in India ( although all education should be government-given, high-quality and free ) derives from being run by Christian groups who I agree have been impartial. All other schooling borrows from this model some way or another.

2. Does any government office select the person based on religion?

RAW ? IB ?

3. does any private company look at religion?
4. Does any hospital look at religion?

I agree.

Who does not allow them to grow under BJP (right-wing) or any other government? 1st ask the question to yourself then finger point on others.

Please look at the last picture.

another friend, he sells chicken and having 4 kids..... he says, Allah ki Marji hai...... their kids go to the government school. He actually does not have any future plan for their kids..

Now, you tell me..... if (hope I am wrong) their 4 kids will not succeed then should they blame to the right wing?

Yes, having four kids is wrong but there is also that funny BJP minister in Bihar or UP or MP who has seven kids yet wants Indian Muslims to stop their alleged "Hum paanch, hamaare pachchis" birthrate. Also, the Hindu population is 966 million so you have to tell them to stop any more births, especially male births.

communal violence - most were started from MUslims populated areas, the question is "why"?

Look at this funny policeman from the notorious Delhi police :
03/JUL/2021

New Delhi: Former deputy commissioner of police, Northeast Delhi, Ved Prakash Surya, who was present alongside Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kapil Mishra when he made the controversial speech at a pro-Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) rally on February 23 last year, just a day before riots broke out in the district, has now sent a request for consideration for the president’s police medal for gallantry, which is awarded for acts of “saving life and property” or “in preventing crime or arresting criminals”.

Surya’s role had come under a cloud as he was photographed standing by Mishra when he made the fiery and controversial speech at the Maujpur crossing, which many blame for triggering the riots which began the very next day, and led to the killing of 53 people, over two-thirds of them being Muslims, and injuries to over 400 others.

Mishra had subsequently tweeted a video of the speech in which he was heard saying, “The DCP is standing in front of us and on your behalf, I want to tell him that till the US President (Donald Trump) is in India, we are leaving the area peacefully. After that, we won’t listen to you (police) if the roads are not vacated (by the CAA protesters) by then. We will have to take to the streets.”

Incidentally, neither did Surya prevent Mishra from delivering the speech nor did he file any complaint against him in the matter.

Incidentally, neither did Surya prevent Mishra from delivering the speech nor did he file any complaint against him in the matter. In an interview to The Wire a few weeks later, Ajai Raj Sharma, a former Delhi Police Commissioner, said the DCP should have intervened but did not. He added that he would have immediately summoned Surya and asked for an explanation, and if it was not satisfactory, he would have suspended him.
In February 2021, Surya was posted to Rashtrapati Bhawan as DCP.
According to a report in the Indian Express, Surya along with 24 police officers, including joint commissioner of police, Alok Kumar, under whom he served, has put up his case for the award. Citing his role in the riots, Surya claimed that he saved several properties, lives of hundreds of people and performed “extraordinary” work during the riots.
The report said in his application Surya claimed to have controlled the riots within three to four days and mentioned his “courageous efforts in saving lives of hundreds of people”.

The news report also cited a senior police officer saying the proposal for awarding Surya and 24 other officers was sent from the district to the police headquarters, where it was put up before a committee of senior officers and finally approved by the Delhi police commissioner. The file would go to the home department and then the Union Ministry of Home Affairs for a final decision.

Incidentally, the role of Delhi Police in controlling the riots and punishing the culprits has been called into question by various civil society groups as also by legal experts. Various courts have also admonished the police for its handling of the situation and for botched up probes.

Despite that, then commissioner of Delhi Police, S.N. Shrivastava, had given out-of-turn promotion to four police personnel posted with the special cell for their work during the violence. These officers were part of the investigating team that arrested 21, including former JNU student Umar Khalid, Jamia Coordination Committee’s media coordinator Safoora Zargar and Pinjra Tod’s Devangana Kalita and Natasha Narwal, linking their protests against the CAA to the riots, the news report said.

Srivastava had also revealed at the annual press conference of Delhi Police that a total of 755 FIRs were registered in connection with the riots. He insisted that the police “made it a point that no one had a grievance that their complaint was not acknowledged.”

And watch this vid of the Hindutvadi woman leader Ragini Tiwari going live on FB during the Delhi "riots" and exhorting the fanatic crowd to "Kaath daalo".

View attachment 777303View attachment 777304View attachment 777305View attachment 777306

Agreed.

Come on, we all know APJ Abdul Kalam was made the President because, though he was otherwise a good man, he managed to foolishly get himself grouped within the Hindutvadi camp. Hence he being the Muslim whose name is respectfully used by that camp.

Also, the top most executive authority in India is the Prime Minister. I don't think as long as India's unscientific and undemocratic political system exists a Muslim will be able to have that position.

Well, the history of private schooling in India ( although all education should be government-given, high-quality and free ) derives from being run by Christian groups who I agree have been impartial. All other schooling borrows from this model some way or another.

RAW ? IB ?

I agree.

Please look at the last picture.

Yes, having four kids is wrong but there is also that funny BJP minister in Bihar or UP or MP who has seven kids yet wants Indian Muslims to stop their alleged "Hum paanch, hamaare pachchis" birthrate. Also, the Hindu population is 966 million so you have to tell them to stop any more births, especially male births.

And watch this vid of the Hindutvadi woman leader Ragini Tiwari going live on FB during the Delhi "riots" and exhorting the fanatic crowd to "Kaath daalo".

I do criticism of both.. if you post such pics and say that right-wing is wrong,
Ankit Sharma (IB) was killed.. do say, he was killed by flowers during Delhi riots.

If you criticize right wings then you should have the guts to criticize the left wing.

Ohh Man, Abdul Kalam is not a single example. IN India, much higher rank and posts.. many Muslims are seating... because they have ability or capability.

Even NO Hindu gets such a post or rank automatically without ability and capability. Cricket, movie, TV news channels - top anchors, politics, business, and everywhere you will find capable Muslims in India.

NO one stopping them... has the ability and capability, then gets the posts and rank.

Till now, when a policeman stopped any politician during his speech in India or Pakistan?

pointing to one or one MLA? if you are honest enough then can you talk about MLA's (Muslims) from AAP party and their roles?

RAW ? IB ?

How are you sure that there are no Muslims? Proof, please

what do you mean? A family will not have any child?

So just agreed on center policy - HUm do humare do - applied all Indians... what's the problem then?

Should I need to post such videos or photos or statements from Muslim leaders? or you can simply google it?

Your arguments usually become null because you always attack right-wing but at the same time never condemned to left-wing even they harm to Indian policy or go against us being an Indian.

Have guts and be neutral.....

for me, both were wrong (Left and right), Kapil Mishra, policeman, BJP and MLA'S - AAP party and left party... criminal activities were done by Hindus and Muslims (both).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom