What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Hi,

China is ready to retire the JH7A’s.
They are looking for buyers.

Which normally mean that you can get the machine pennies on the dollar.

If the F16’sfrom jordan could be had cheap why not the jh7a’s
Or if paf paid peanuts for the mirage 3/5.

When you get mad at me dont cut the nose to spite the face.

Hi

Thanks for the confidence. Now be ready to be insulted and talked down by oscar and snubbed by araz and few others.
There is a difference in aquiring an already exiating jet then a totally new jet. The cost of aquisition other than per unit cost is very very high ... plus how much remaining life is there ?

What is the price of a Rafale vs 200000 uniforms?

Can you give me that figure or are you venting without actual information?
Forget the uniforms;

"It was told that the new GHQ facility would be established on 2,450 acres in sectors E-10 and D-11, adjacent to Naval and Air Headquarters in sectors E-8 and E-9. The committee was informed that Rs100 billion would be spent on the new GHQ facility. It was told that the cost has been increased by Rs30 billion and this amount will be collected by sale of military land."
https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/24...slamabad-increases-by-Rs30-bnSenate-body-told

PKR 100 billion = 625.8 million USD

With this sum and the amount siphoned off to Dubai accounts, we could've raised a squadron at least.

We have witnessed the wastage of funds in a similar manner on countless other occasions. Be it uniforms, corruption or misguided procurement for the sake of kickbacks. -Little drops that make the mighty ocean.

Ghass kha ke fauj ko iss liay nahi paala tha kay waqt aane pe hum ko taxes ka taana day aur khud economy ka bahana lay

Military must be subjected to Austerity ASAP. We are at the brink of war - a mad man is sitting on our eastern border.

you are saying no facility will be built and all the amount will be sent abroad, i thought we ate "GHASS" for nuclear capability which we have
Forget the uniforms;

"It was told that the new GHQ facility would be established on 2,450 acres in sectors E-10 and D-11, adjacent to Naval and Air Headquarters in sectors E-8 and E-9. The committee was informed that Rs100 billion would be spent on the new GHQ facility. It was told that the cost has been increased by Rs30 billion and this amount will be collected by sale of military land."
https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/24...slamabad-increases-by-Rs30-bnSenate-body-told

PKR 100 billion = 625.8 million USD

With this sum and the amount siphoned off to Dubai accounts, we could've raised a squadron at least.

We have witnessed the wastage of funds in a similar manner on countless other occasions. Be it uniforms, corruption or misguided procurement for the sake of kickbacks. -Little drops that make the mighty ocean.

Ghass kha ke fauj ko iss liay nahi paala tha kay waqt aane pe hum ko taxes ka taana day aur khud economy ka bahana lay

Military must be subjected to Austerity ASAP. We are at the brink of war - a mad man is sitting on our eastern border.

you are saying no facility will be built and all the amount will be sent abroad, i thought we ate "GHASS" for nuclear capability which we have
No. I have said that there was no solid reason to waste so much on a new mughal-e-azam style GHQ.

As far as the second part of your post is concerned, let me inform you that we are still eating ghass to keep that giant military machine well oiled.

No we are not had we been locally produced ghass we womt have this huge trade deficit
No. I have said that there was no solid reason to waste so much on a new mughal-e-azam style GHQ.

As far as the second part of your post is concerned, let me inform you that we are still eating ghass to keep that giant military machine well oiled.

dude are you really being serious here asking me that stupid question ?specially you being an old expert here on the armed forces.....may be one day you will use your brain properly and start thinking bigger and live in reality ...
let just say we couldnt buy the rafale for the price of those uniforms or the new HQ in ISLAMABAD ...
Let me ask you a simple question how many mraps we could have bought for the price of those uniforms ?how many SONS OF THIS NATION COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED...........forget the hq for the moment we wont include the price of that ... if you cant listen to the truth then i would suggest take some sleeping tablets like rest of the glory hunter kiss arse of the armed forces and live in the bubble which you have been living for generations ....
Buddy, take a break and stop being a smart arse.

Bahiyo aur un ke behno Pakistan kai pass paisey nahi hain,jub tuk Mirage series mai jaan hai yehi urti rahey gee.
No JH-7,J-10, or anyother platform for time being except JFT.

Having an aircraft to act as a heavy duty bomb truck is one thing and I would favour the JH7A for this reason for starters but with the increased ranges and capabilities of modern SAMs this then needs to be combined with long range precision stand off weapons.

Looking at the aircraft is just half the picture.

Think there was mention of Pakistan and Ukraine agreeing to work in this field at one of the last IDEAS events.

Having an aircraft to act as a heavy duty bomb truck is one thing and I would favour the JH7A for this reason for starters but with the increased ranges and capabilities of modern SAMs this then needs to be combined with long range precision stand off weapons.

Looking at the aircraft is just half the picture.

Think there was mention of Pakistan and Ukraine agreeing to work in this field at one of the last IDEAS events.
Better to Equip them for SEAD & DEAD missions.

Better to Equip them for SEAD & DEAD missions.

This is my point exactly.

What munitions and weapons could we partner with this platform and who can we work with on this?

For example for naval missions we could partner with Ukraine to integrate the Neptun cruise missile.

We’ve worked with South Africa to integrate the Raptor series of bombs.

This is my point exactly.

What munitions and weapons could we partner with this platform and who can we work with on this?

For example for naval missions we could partner with Ukraine to integrate the Neptun cruise missile.

We’ve worked with South Africa to integrate the Raptor series of bombs.

The idea of multirole has been misunderstood. People sometimes imagine that this means that an aircraft goes into a mission, kills a2a, performs a2g, or then kills a2a and comes back home to a hurrah!
Reality is this rarely ever happens. Aircraft that are performing a2g missions, keep to that mission, while (in some cases the same model of aircraft but a separate flock of aircraft) go in for an a2a role.
So you could have a flock of a2g JF-17s, and another flock of a2a JF-17s. They could re-arm and play another role, but most often, not during the same mission.

The other issue is training. Multirole pilots spend a portion of the time doing a2a training and another portion doing a2g. Sometimes this can be an 80/20 split, and sometimes it can be a 50/50 split. And many possible splits in between.

Truth a told, a flock of pilots that train 90% and above on a2a will be better at a2a than a flock of pilots doing 50/50 training.

The point I am trying to make here is that being multirole comes at a cost. We have to decide whether "the juice is worth the squeeze".
1. Less dedication to single role reduces pilot competency in multiple roles
2. Cost of training increases sharply, and wear and tear on the aircraft also increases
3. Multirole aircraft have been a trend. There is no reason that trends cannot be reversed. Bell-bottoms were also a great trend...

Mirages dedicated to a strike role can, at low cost and with great expertise (from being single role), play a critical role very efficiently. And by efficiently we mean get the job done at the lowest cost possible.

Ideally, an airforce should have dedicated aircraft, and multirole aircraft, just like a cricket team has dedicated batsmen and ballers, and also all rounders. Having a team of all all-rounders isn't effective or efficient.

RWR#2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom