What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
I am fine bro thx and you ? ok will add you ;)
Do u think that converting older planes in target drone is a good idea like older transport ones, trainers, fighter jets and helicopters that will fly just for once to hit up their targets.

Mirages are the only plat form we can fiddle with any time. They are ideal plat forms to carry any weapon systems PAF likes to add to its arsenal. its American French or Chinese we can integrate on this machine. H2/4, Durandal bombs, AS-30, Exocet, Raad cruise missile, Raptor, MAR-1 brazilian, Mk-82/84 American Chinese cluster, Chinese glide bombs you name it. Now its our primary strike fighter.Nuclear as well. At least 100 air frames have not even spent their half life. 50 Ex Australian are the newest they were never flown and just were kept stored as war reserve. 40 french were taken from french air Force reserves in mid 90's .Sagem the french company upgraded them, 10 ex libyan were the same case. Only 45 air frames from our own inventory were given Rose upgrade. which were obtained in 70's and eighties.

Do u think that converting older planes in target drone is a good idea like older transport ones, trainers, fighter jets and helicopters that will fly just for once to hit up their targets.

For PAF no its not and simply not needed .

Recent issue of CA Monthly reports that there have been 2 accidents recently involving Mirages
I thought it was one! Sadly, a pilot was lost

1.pg.jpg
2.jpg

Although! It might not be as good as I am saying. But there was a very good option to buy 72+ Egyptian Mirage-Vs and put some some in Naval role along with other roles. So that PN would have about 50-60 Mirage-Vs for Naval role with 3 Squadrons.

Although! It might not be as good as I am saying. But there was a very good option to buy 72+ Egyptian Mirage-Vs and put some some in Naval role along with other roles. So that PN would have about 50-60 Mirage-Vs for Naval role with 3 Squadrons.

Thunders will fill that gap / role for PN not to worry .

Thunders will fill that gap / role for PN not to worry .

I think now PN is looking to have its own Air fleet. I think they might also look towards buying Super Mushak & K-8s for training along with surveillance purposes other than Burraq and Uqaab.

I think now PN is looking to have its own Air fleet. I think they might also look towards buying Super Mushak & K-8s for training along with surveillance purposes other than Burraq and Uqaab.
If PN plans to do so it would be a good move and would relive PAF of its coastal duties. But establishing a separate Air fleet is no easy task, PN has to train its own pilots and take them to the desired level.
This requires both time and money, and funds might be a problem at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom