What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Easy way to tell if its a Kfir or not(in case you have a photo of that angle).. look at the nozzle, the one for the Kfir is larger and more shaped due to the J-79.
Also.. the heavily loaded mirage with the fuselage points is indeed a mirage.. but a mirage 50.. with the more powerful Atar 09K-50.

can we compare mirage rose with mirage 2000...? whats technical comparatively ratio between both....?

This was the purpose of ROSE/ MAESTRO package, i.e. to bring Mirage 3/5 avionics/ radar/ weapon and sensor capabilities on par with early fourth generation aircrafts. There was also a digital FBW refit package offered for Mirage 3/5 and tested on a Mirage 3 NG prototype. Canard was added to increase lift but was not opted by many countries as it increased weight hence demanded a more powerful 9k or in South Africa's case, rd-33 engine. This made the upgrade package almost unaffordable.

Easy way to tell if its a Kfir or not(in case you have a photo of that angle).. look at the nozzle, the one for the Kfir is larger and more shaped due to the J-79.
Also.. the heavily loaded mirage with the fuselage points is indeed a mirage.. but a mirage 50.. with the more powerful Atar 09K-50.

Another main feature on Kfir are the front Canards, and a fairing at the root of the tail.

Well, i have no idea if our mir is compatible with those additional hard points. Rose Mirages have a better Ring Laser Gyros (RGS) system compared to Mirage 2000 (non dash 5). Mir 2000 has Uliss 52 unit, Rose has Uliss 92 unit with dynamically tuned dry accelerometers common in both. Both use the same UTR-90 mission computers. Rose Mirage has a better ECM suite than

Hehe haha .... Found something on Page#12.
See, four bombs on Fuel tank and two under Fuselage while one b/w Tanks and Fuselage is easily visible.
this is Mirage-VPA hence proves that PAF MV posses additional hardpoints. :azn:
mirage_3ep_durandals.jpg

New Markings for Pakistan Mirage 5.
No.25 Squadron 'Eagles' of the PAF based at Rafiqui has recently painted Dassault Mirage 5 in luminescent markings in a bid to distinguish its aircraft from the other co-located night attack Mirage unit, No. 27 Squadron.
39406331458054763601001.jpg

Specially marked Mirage V EF
Rafiqui-based 25 squadron ( Eagles) has recently painted it's Mirages in infra-red markings in a bid to distinguish it's aircraft from the co-located night attack Mirage unit, 27 squadron.

Sorry for the poor quality, you can see the infra-red markings on the tail and under the canopy of No 25 squadron's Mirage-5EF, home base Rafiqui.

img004.jpg

Original post by WINDJAMMER ..

DSCN2772.JPG

I think it was quite possible for the PAF in 1980s to produce these type of Mirages at PAC with French help for about 210 along 30-50 dual seats of such type and with another 21-30 examples of reconnaissance version for reconnaissance and intelligence purposes then I am sure the PAC would look different from what is now and what it was before.
ae081480656fb1f55a1fd8a997c3436b.jpg

Instead of Mirage III/V we would have looked at Mirage F-1 in the 80s for local production.

Instead of Mirage III/V we would have looked at Mirage F-1 in the 80s for local production.
I think Mirage-IIIs are much capable ones as they have longer range along with greater payload capacity too and we can put our choice of avionics on it that can be from France, Italy, U.K, Germany/Sweden.

Hi,

I believe that we were offered that option by the french in the mid to late 70's---to build a manufacturing / asembly plant. There are some posts here on this board on that subject.

I think Mirage-IIIs are much capable ones as they have longer range along with greater payload capacity too and we can put our choice of avionics on it that can be from France, Italy, U.K, Germany/Sweden.

Mirage III/V no doubt has a little bit more range but in capability it is no much for F-1 which can fly curls around a Mirage III/V as for payload pretty much they are equal. Also if we had added the canard layout dog tooth wing like IAI Kfir or Atlas Cheetah than there would have been a performance boast.

I still think that PAF as well as PAC has missed a great chance of not license producing the Mirage-IIIs as they would have provided better platform.

DSCN2772.JPG

I think it was quite possible for the PAF in 1980s to produce these type of Mirages at PAC with French help for about 210 along 30-50 dual seats of such type and with another 21-30 examples of reconnaissance version for reconnaissance and intelligence purposes then I am sure the PAC would look different from what is now and what it was before.
ae081480656fb1f55a1fd8a997c3436b.jpg
Man if we had a fleet like that along with 110 F-7Ps/FT-7Ps then it would be totally a different story for the region. along with the 39 F-16s

Back
Top Bottom