What's new

Canada honors Turkish diplomat with monument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand-Vizier

Reaction score
Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu stood alongside his Canadian counterpart on Sept. 20 to dedicate a memorial to a Turkish military attaché, three decades after he was gunned down by Armenian militants in Ottawa. The memorial to Col. Atilla Altıkat is “a monument condemning terrorism,” he said, adding that stood in memory to terror victims.

“On behalf of the Turkish nation, I would like to thank you for your perseverance throughout the years,” said Davutoğlu, referring to Altıkat’s wife and children.

The Syrian crisis is likely to be the focus of plenary and bilateral meetings in New York, but there are few expectations that the U.S. will move forward on the Syrian issue due to November’s presidential election.

Turkey has repeatedly complained that it is not receiving enough international assistance for Syrian refugees and has pushed for the creation of a foreign-protected “safe zone” inside Syria to try to help civilians on the other side of the border, but it has failed to receive support from international actors on the plans.

Erdoğan had been due to travel to New York between Sept. 22 and 25 and to give a speech at the U.N. Assembly, where he was expected to push the U.N. to recognize Islamophobia as a crime against humanity.

The prime minister took the decision to cancel his trip to New York after a meeting with his party deputes and secretary general on Sept. 20.

President Abdullah Gül had earlier been scheduled to attend the U.N. Assembly but canceled due to a chronic ear infection.

monument-for-martyred-turkish-diplomats-in-canada.jpg

My deepest respect for these people who gave their lives for for their country on the line of duty and left their loved ones behind with heavy hearths. They will not be forgotten!

This thread is about honoring our death diplomats and anything other than peacefull posts will be deleted.

Killing people because of their thoughts might be normal in Armenia, but not in here. Considering the most of the Armenians are like you, what could they do other than defaming your kind.

Your diarrhea of the mouth is acceptable, but make your terror propaganda elsewhere.

Crying Armenians constantly like their ancestors.

National trait.

If you open a thread that is related to Armenians then you should expect responses from the Armenian members. This is not about hurt as you put it or any trolling but opinion from the Armenian side. I actually opened the same thread here few weeks ago but it got deleted.....so if anybody is hurt it must be Turks because this to us only shows the true colors of Canada and to what extend the Turkish government is hurt that they had to go through all this secrecy to make this happen.

Your Col turned diplomat was a victim of the crimes of your government when Armenian Dispora were the most vulnerable. RIP
You can delete this if you want.

If you open a thread that is related to Armenians then you should expect responses from the Armenian members. This is not about hurt as you put it or any trolling but opinion from the Armenian side. I actually opened the same thread here few weeks ago but it got deleted.....so if anybody is hurt it must be Turks because this to us only shows the true colors of Canada and to what extend the Turkish government is hurt that they had to go through all this secrecy to make this happen.

Your Col turned diplomat was a victim of the crimes of your government when Armenian Dispora were the most vulnerable. RIP
You can delete this if you want.

Actually, I don't need to delete it. This sentence alone can show people how petty, destructive, pitfull and most importantly empty your hate is. Your hate doesn't come from your own experience, hell it doesn't even come from your parent's experiences... It comes from, the experiences of your grand grand fathers, their somewhat believable memeories. The hate that Armenian diaspora so dearly holds and always reminds its members becaus eof their fear of assimilation and lost of power cause you to support a man's death just because he was Turkish and was working for Turkish goverment. The hate that is in you thanks to your diaspora makes you deny the terrorism and crimes of ASALA and crushing majority of you even love ASALA....

Your diaspora is nothing more than hate spreading organization that helped terrorists for its own dellusional ideas, just like Catholic church and Taliban... Nothing more, nothing less... I just want your answer to stay here as a reminder to show us what generations of hate can do to people and show that terrorism and bigotry are problems of all mankind and not just muslims.

well, im a bit confused now, this is a forum which people can express their thoughts right?..and my post was not off-topic..anyway i suggest mods to be some flexible..

Killing people because of their thoughts might be normal in Armenia, but not in here. Considering the most of the Armenians are like you, what could they do other than defaming your kind.

Your diarrhea of the mouth is acceptable, but make your terror propaganda elsewhere.

"Terrorist propoganda"....good one. Armenian nationalists assassinate those behind systematic killings and it is deemed "terrorist", but when Ottomans commit genocide it is a "matter of historical debate"

Actually, I don't need to delete it. This sentence alone can show people how petty, destructive, pitfull and most importantly empty your hate is. Your hate doesn't come from your own experience, hell it doesn't even come from your parent's experiences... It comes from, the experiences of your grand grand fathers, their somewhat believable memeories. The hate that Armenian diaspora so dearly holds and always reminds its members becaus eof their fear of assimilation and lost of power cause you to support a man's death just because he was Turkish and was working for Turkish goverment. The hate that is in you thanks to your diaspora makes you deny the terrorism and crimes of ASALA and crushing majority of you even love ASALA....

Your diaspora is nothing more than hate spreading organization that helped terrorists for its own dellusional ideas, just like Catholic church and Taliban... Nothing more, nothing less... I just want your answer to stay here as a reminder to show us what generations of hate can do to people and show that terrorism and bigotry are problems of all mankind and not just muslims.

You're right, the hate comes from the experience of our ancestors, for which the Turkish Republic has still not atoned for. In my wildest dreams, I could not think of a better justification for hate.

@Deno
If some members have right to post claims like "Genocide hatchet" or "Ottomans commit genocide". than I should have a right to post that what I have posted and you have deleted.

"Terrorist propoganda"....good one. Armenian nationalists assassinate those behind systematic killings and it is deemed "terrorist", but when Ottomans commit genocide it is a "matter of historical debate"

You're right, the hate comes from the experience of our ancestors, for which the Turkish Republic has still not atoned for. In my wildest dreams, I could not think of a better justification for hate.

Tribal Taliban mentality isn't that different from yours. It is funny that as people who claims to be the ''victims'' of state terrorism, your diaspora is very keen to support terrorist action when it suits it's medieval mentality.

Last time I checked Turkey wasn't the country who held criminals and terrorists as national heroes while Armenia and Armenian Diaspora helds these worthless and pitiful terrorists as national heroes. I know that there are few people among Turks that hates Armenians but I also know that they are a very small minority in our nation while Armenians see these terrorists as national heroes.

You need to leave this Taliban mentality behind... Simply barbaric...

P.S: You can't find people in Turkey except ultra nationalist cults which are very small minority that loves or even tolaretes ''Three Pashas''

@Deno
If some members have right to post claims like "Genocide hatchet" or "Ottomans commit genocide". than I should have a right to post that what I have posted and you have deleted.

Do whatever you like... I am done with these people who try to justify murder and terrorism...

Tribal Taliban mentality isn't that different from yours. It is funny that as people who claims to be the ''victims'' of state terrorism, your diaspora is very keen to support terrorist action when it suits it's medieval mentality.

Last time I checked Turkey wasn't the country who held criminals and terrorists as national heroes while Armenia and Armenian Diaspora helds these worthless and pitiful terrorists as national heroes. I know that there are few people among Turks that hates Armenians but I also know that they are a very small minority in our nation while Armenians see these terrorists as national heroes.

You need to leave this Taliban mentality behind... Simply barbaric...

P.S: You can't find people in Turkey except ultra nationalist cults which are very small minority that loves or even tolaretes ''Three Pashas''

Why do you keep referring to the Taliban. What do you have against them anyway?Their way is a way of life in Afghanistan, it's conservative but it's traditional. Hell, even America supported them in line with "containment policy". You, Deno, are the barbarian for criticizing other nation's cultures.

"Turkey wasn't the country who held criminals and terrorists as national heroes"....you're right, Azerbaijan is when they pardoned Safarov. Besides, the ASALA actions against Turkish diplomats are not recognized as heroic acts. They are not considered heroes. Those who went after Cemal, Talat, and Enver are heroes. This is in stark contrast to Azeri heroes, who are given praise for murdering Armenians in their sleep.

Why is there a stigma around the pashas among Turks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom