What's new

Can the US beat Russia in a conventional war?

yay or nay?

• Total voters

Superboy

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think so because Russia has like twice the number of tanks the US has, plus Russia has hundreds of thousands of anti tank guided missiles.

Russia will let the US invade...and then just wait for winter.

This might change your mind:

mchugh-guardian1.jpg

images.jpg

PHO-10Jan14-198830.jpg

training exercise 2_1360257904743_369603_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

training exercise 8_1360257900285_369602_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

www.usnews.jpg

You do know the US has a lot of snow too right? We aren't the Germans, we are prepared for arctic warfare. Hell, the Alaska National Guard deals with this year round as does Elmendorf-Richardson air base and Eielson Air Force base, both of which are in Alaska. Even outside of Alaska snow is common enough that the military has experience with it.

The US Air Force and Navy have experience with snow. We train with countries like Norway, Sweden, Japan and Canada - all of which have a lot of snow. We are an arctic nation too, our Navy is present in the arctic; our Air Force operates in snowy climates and can easily reach Russia from US soil. The snow is not a danger to the US military.

DDG-104-River-maine-snow.jpg

image.jpg

hires_080222-N-8467N-004.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think so because Russia has like twice the number of tanks the US has, plus Russia has hundreds of thousands of anti tank guided missiles.
US will win but with huge collateral Damage

this isn't 20th century , you think US soldiers don't have winter gear?
or US will have a problem delivering them to its soldiers?

This might change your mind:

View attachment 157918

View attachment 157919

View attachment 157920

View attachment 157921

View attachment 157922

View attachment 157923

You do know the US has a lot of snow too right? We aren't the Germans, we are prepared for arctic warfare. Hell, the Alaska National Guard deals with this year round as does Elmendorf-Richardson air base and Eielson Air Force base, both of which are in Alaska. Even outside of Alaska snow is common enough that the military has experience with it.

The US Air Force and Navy have experience with snow. We train with countries like Norway, Sweden, Japan and Canada - all of which have a lot of snow. We are an arctic nation too, our navy is present in the arctic; our Air Force operates in snowy climates and can easily reach Russia from US soil. The snow is not a danger to the US military.
Goodness...you guys can't appreciate a joke ? Besides if history has taught us anything it's that the US is incapable of winning just about any war. I am pretty sure that if the US had to go to war against Lesotho or Swaziland they would loose.

USA will win...it has the money,the manpower,more advanced weapons industry n tech n numerical superiority in almost (not a doubt) in everything.

Besides if history has taught us anything it's that the US is incapable of winning just about any war. I am pretty sure that if the US had to go to war against Lesotho or Swaziland they would loose.

Please go on enlighten us with your wisdom.

It's not so much as the ability to deal with snow. As to the population capable of Arctic warfare.

The average Russian can handle the brutal winters, in the US the only populations capable are: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Alaska, Michigan, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire.

Yes. Victory is decided by the number of tank and anti-tank missiles.

IMO, even if a million American soldiers get killed, the US still would not beat Russia in a conventional war, especially if the war is waged in Russia.

Russia has to drive to any war. They can't project. We fly our shit around the world.:usflag:

Goodness...you guys can't appreciate a joke ? Besides if history has taught us anything it's that the US is incapable of winning just about any war. I am pretty sure that if the US had to go to war against Lesotho or Swaziland they would loose.
i read somewhere that russia also lost to afghan and pakistani mujahiddins.

Back
Top Bottom