What's new

CAN THE PREPARATIONS FOR COMMONWEALTH GAMES EVER BE COMPLETED

Masterchief

Reaction score
When India received the queens baton in 2006, the deadline for CWG was 29 aug 2009, after August ended the deadline was extended to july 2010, and even now when july is ending still 15% of the construction work is remaining, in the last four years Delhi government has spent close to Rs 1000 crore to renovate the Nehru stadium, but seeing the way construction is going on, i doubt if even Rs 500 crore were spent on it, consider this the athletes track is still to be laid on, about 15 days ago, one of the structures sustained damages owing to heavy rains, the way construction work is going on it seems that the inaugral dates would have to be pushed way ahead,India's pride is at stake, at CWG Delhi would be showing the world the new India's face, but seeing the preparations it seems we would only receive hostile reactions from all around the world, Well delhi is currently waging a war against time all we can do is just hope that the work is completed in time.

Dear Gaurav,

This is a defence forum.
Only a fraction of people here are really concerned with India .

Such issues have no real place, until u r solely interested in India Bashing.

Hope u Get the Point.

When India received the queens baton in 2006, the deadline for CWG was 29 aug 2009, after August ended the deadline was extended to july 2010, and even now when july is ending still 15% of the construction work is remaining, in the last four years Delhi government has spent close to Rs 1000 crore to renovate the Nehru stadium, but seeing the way construction is going on, i doubt if even Rs 500 crore were spent on it, consider this the athletes track is still to be laid on, about 15 days ago, one of the structures sustained damages owing to heavy rains, the way construction work is going on it seems that the inaugral dates would have to be pushed way ahead,India's pride is at stake, at CWG Delhi would be showing the world the new India's face, but seeing the preparations it seems we would only receive hostile reactions from all around the world, Well delhi is currently waging a war against time all we can do is just hope that the work is completed in time.

your concern is genuine my friend, but I would say just be positive.

expect the games are not ruined, just the way this thread will get ruined within a couple of minutes....just wait and watch :pop:

COMMONWEALTH-GAMES-STADIUM.JPG

this thing will be ussed for common wealth games :rofl:

we have budget for making a half of the stadium only..

COMMONWEALTH-GAMES-STADIUM.JPG

this thing will be ussed for common wealth games :rofl:

we have budget for making a half of the stadium only..

same stadium..half way finished in january 2010...which is completely constructed..BTW..since you posted a pic...I would like you to stay here..and watch the remaining pics that I post....thanks in advance..

The+Indira+Gandhi+Indoor+Gymnastics+Stadium+with+a+seating+capacity+of+15,000+during+a+inauguration+ceremony+ahead+of+the+forthcoming+Commonwealth+Games+2010.jpg

I think majority of the problems are just Media hype

In Beijing , they initially had similar concerns , But after Beijing built it all so quickly they had to shut up. Then they raised issues such a Pollution and kept talking about it. Then they raised issues over the Tibet riot and possible disruption to the games . Who remembers all those so called problems , but we all remember the good job China did as host.

In South Africa with the football world cup , they had similar concerns with Construction but even they had to shut up when construction was completed. Then they were concerned about Crime in South Africa. Then they were concerned about Terrorists coming from other African countries into South Africa to disrupt the games. Now that the games are over people only remember the tournament and South Africa's freaking wuwuzela(whatever i don't know how to spell it)

Now the CWG

They are concerned about construction again , when construction is finished and it will at one point over the next 3 months , there is both Indian and international oversight over the Construction of these venues.

What may not be finished however is some of the supporting infrastructure , but there is nothing that can be done regarding this except trying to get it done.
Majority of the Infrastructure is there , may be there is a few roads or hotels missing.

People are once again concerned about terrorists. It's not as if this is India's first International event. We have hosted the Asian games prior and many other sports tournaments.

This Media hype and criticism is only natural , at end the end of the games we will have some great new infrastructure , and the CWG will be remembered at a successful event .

your concern is genuine my friend, but I would say just be positive.

expect the games are not ruined, just the way this thread will get ruined within a couple of minutes....just wait and watch :pop:

Dear Gorv Such na Bolo plz :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cycling Velodrome at Indira Gandhi stadium for Commonwealth Games 2010

Centrally Air conditioned with wooden flooring

Entrance

102510366.jpg

34664_462396395199_200700820199_6272824_6147511_n.jpg

35846_462396685199_200700820199_6272845_3458719_n.jpg

102510369.jpg

102510376.jpg

102510356.jpg

900x.jpg

900x.jpg