What's new

Can Pakistan produce/acquire these kinds of subs?

Yaar history proves we are resilient under worst possible conditions-
becoming Nuclear the example- we will find way- Tawakul alallah

Hasn't Pakistan sacrificed much already in their intention to match India bullet to bullet, if Pakistan starts SSBN project, that'll need defence establishment to siphon off money from other essential project.

Pakistan can't build a nuclear submarine. You will only acquire it from somewhere. Building it is out of question.

first news about nuke sub surfaced in 2006 when it was said NDC was successful in making a experimental minitaurized nuke reactor. Now it's 2012 and Pakistan developed a 5 year plan to develop nuke sub... So 200-300 million every for five years combined with previous years research. So 1-1.5 billion minimum is sufficent for a nuke sub development.

Just the nuclear reactor and the rest of a nuclear submarine are different things. Which organization would be developing the latter?
Pakistan simply cannot hide such a big thing (because it needs to be developed near the waters). In my opinion, our nuclear submarine is on paper as of now (since the announcement of plans to develop one recently arrived).

IF India has a NFU-(No first use Policy) then why the hell would pakistan need a Nuclear powered submarine for second strike.
This implies only one thing that they will Nuke us first then we will Nuke them in return and they want to be prepared for nuking us after that.
Something to think about.

karachi ship yard has the dock,cranes and infrastructure to make water crafts of 15000 tons empty weight.
MV-Islamabad was made there.
A nuclear sub is normally smaller than that...6-10,000 tons.
So the required infrastructure is there.

Looks like an arms race between India and Pakistan. IN intends to be a full fledged blue water navy, PN will find it hard to counter, specially because its the most neglected wing of Pakistan defense with an annual budget of 500 million if I am not wrong.

Pakistan has the full ability and required infrastructure to build Nuclear submarine. India just orders its submarine from russia.
False till proven otherwise.................I could say the same way that Bill gates and Warren buffet is my clerk and Megan Fox is my ex who I dumped, but that won't be true :partay:

Hasn't Pakistan sacrificed much already in their intention to match India bullet to bullet, if Pakistan starts SSBN project, that'll need defence establishment to siphon off money from other essential project.

your definition of matching bullet to bullet is wrong-
You induct 120+ fighters we ordered how many?-
You plan 2 aircraft carriers we ordered how many?-
You induct stealth ships we ordered how many?-
you gons buy apaches we gona buy how many?-
You order Stealth fighters we ordered how many?-
and many more examples-

How many fighters- frigates- carriers you have or you have ordered and how many we ordering or making?-

Figure of speech carries weight when used wisely sir-

Pakistan can't build a nuclear submarine. You will only acquire it from somewhere. Building it is out of question.

how come out of question?- whats the reason? the same reason west gave when we started out nuclear program?- you imitating west indian?- who are you?-

how come out of question?- whats the reason? the same reason west gave when we started out nuclear program?- you imitating west indian?- who are you?-

You will see it with time. You think Pakistan can seriously build a boomer?? When you can't even build submarine grade steel. There is only 1 shipyard in Pakistan and that too old and outdated. You think they can pull this. Even north Korea has built a nuclear weapon. It is much less complex than a submarine.

LENGTH:
152 m

BEAM:23 m
MADE IN KARACHI
HERE
http://goo.gl/maps/GfCNs

For comparison sake HMS Vanguard carries 16 Tridents
and is a bit smaller than what Karachi shipyard made in 1983

Length: 149.9 m (491 ft 10 in)
Beam: 12.8 m (42 ft 0 in)
M.v-Islamabad-1007187.jpg

M.v-Islamabad-873914.jpg

karachi ship yard has the dock,cranes and infrastructure to make water crafts of 15000 tons empty weight.
MV-Islamabad was made there.
A nuclear sub is normally smaller than that...6-10,000 tons.
So the required infrastructure is there.
You dont have the infrastructure for it. Yes i read your last post. Now think again.

LENGTH:
152 m

BEAM:23 m

M.v-Islamabad-1007187.jpg

MADE IN KARACHI

M.v-Islamabad-873914.jpg

all of these manufactured by KSEW

PNSC FLEET AS ON JUNE 30,1998

S.No Name of Vessel Year of Built Dead Weight Tonnes

1. m.v. Lalazar* 1985 13,346

2. m.v. Swat* 1983 14,355

3. m.v. Shalamar* 1983 14,170

4. m.v. Islamabad 1983 18,257

5. m.v. Khairpur 1981 16,414

6. m.v. Sibi 1981 16,436

7. m.v. Kaghan 1981 18,050

8. m.v. Ayubia 1981 18,050

9. m.v. Sargodha 1980 18,242

10. m.v. Malakand 1980 18,224

11. m.v. Multan 1980 18,257

12. m.v. Bolan 1980 18,144

13. m.v. Hyderabad 1980 18,257

14. m.v. Chitral 1980 18,144

15. m.v. Makran 1979 23,490

I dont know why u guys(Pakistanis) r so irked about India, every decision your military take is India centric......basically it seems that if India and Pakistan had good relations, Pakistan armed forces would been searching for flies all day.......also it feels quite surprising to c the frenchs supplying subs to both the countries and we spend crores to fight with it while the frenchs and the europeans r laughing their @ss off behind our backs by seeing this kind of things......

On the topic I feel Pakistan will need quite a bit of time to launch their nuclear submarine......we took 30 years......even if you put more amounts of funds than us and your babus r not as corrupt as ours then u guys can shrink it to 15-20 years from the start of the project....totally depends on political leadership and the project management....

Back
Top Bottom