What's new

Camouflage discussion

If a soldier's uniform camo mismatches with the terrain (e.g mountain troops sent to desert on a short notice), then there are some innovative camouflage techniques.
For example in the picture below, a single piece of cloth has been wrapped around upper body and helmet to match with the terrain.
Notice the color of mud and the color of cloth.
snpr.jpeg

Do you know the supplier? I'd be glad to have the email so I could send a few uniforms to camopedia.org
They wanted to find a few uniforms for their Museum
Well i may have to check with them for contact but this is fabric i am talking about. It is a processing mill here in Faisalabad that is printing fabric. The stitching and garment making is done at POF stitching unit, it was a few years back at least so you may need to check there for ready uniforms.

As A general rules, I only collect camo that I know the person wearing them, I do not buy Camo uniform from E-bay, I do sometime pay for uniform tho, but for me, I am about the story behind the uniform more than the camo itself, so whatever you can find in ebay or criaglist, you won't find my locker

20150710_144831.jpg

I have about 30 set of camo in my procession, maybe I should start a page and tell you all the story behind each and very one of those.

1st Row Left (your) to right : CADPAT Desert, CADPAT Woodland, US Woodland, Swiss TAZ90, Swedish M/90
2nd Row : Irish DPM, Bosnia MARPAT, Italian Digital Desert, Slovenian Desert, US Navy NWU 2 Desert (SEALS)
3rd Row : Norway M/98, Swedish M/90, Spanish Desert, Australian DPNU, Italian Woodland
4th Row : US OG-107 Vietnam, US UCP, US ABU, Australian DPDU, Latvian "lego" Digital

@levina @DESERT FIGHTER @Yazp @Icarus

As A general rules, I only collect camo that I know the person wearing them, I do not buy Camo uniform from E-bay, I do sometime pay for uniform tho, but for me, I am about the story behind the uniform more than the camo itself, so whatever you can find in ebay or criaglist, you won't find my locker

View attachment 236454

I have about 30 set of camo in my procession, maybe I should start a page and tell you all the story behind each and very one of those.

1st Row Left (your) to right : CADPAT Desert, CADPAT Woodland, US Woodland, Swiss TAZ90, Swedish M/90
2nd Row : Irish DPM, Bosnia MARPAT, Italian Digital Desert, Slovenian Desert, US Navy NWU 2 Desert (SEALS)
3rd Row : Norway M/98, Swedish M/90, Spanish Desert, Australian DPNU, Italian Woodland
4th Row : US OG-107 Vietnam, US UCP, US ABU, Australian DPDU, Latvian "lego" Digital

@levina @DESERT FIGHTER @Yazp @Icarus
Pretty nice!!! Wish I had a collection like yours.

Pretty nice!!! Wish I had a collection like yours.

lol, my collection is no where big, there is a forum out there for camo collector and they have uber collection of actual camo from the beginning of time, like 1000+ set

And since I only collect from people I actually met (Either soldier I met when I was in war or soldier I know peacetime) so my collection is pretty lousy....

Oh!!!
This one looks so pixelated.

yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

This is LATPAT

3cb675cad27f82db75e34f3e0699946d.jpg

The colour scheme and the pattern make it work in Desert, Urban and also snow environment, which is the 3 dominant environment for Latvia

and yeah, I think I am going to do it

That will be something I will really look forward to!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom