What's new

Camouflage discussion

What? Sir most of my family is in the army .. I live in a mil area.. The old camp has been phased out .. This is the NEW CAMO!! It's called a "multi cam"... even other countries includin US have moed away fom digital camos.. UCP itself was replaced in Afghanistan.
OK then what you are saying is updated, to some extent. AS we still see a lot of images with older camo, that is still to be replaced.

images

Like this, a few men still have the older patterns that is to be replaced. Also i can confirm that PRODUCTION is underway.
So it means that this new camo will be the new standard. great!! looks pretty impressive to me.

OK then what you are saying is updated, to some extent. AS we still see a lot of images with older camo, that is still to be replaced.

images

Like this, a few men still have the older patterns that is to be replaced. Also i can confirm that PRODUCTION is underway.
So it means that this new camo will be the new standard. great!! looks pretty impressive to me.

Sir that pic is from 2013!!!

It was introduced at that time... Even posted a thread with pics of the new camo back than.

Here are some new pics from COAS's visit to operational areas:

image.jpg
image.jpg

What? Sir most of my family is in the army .. I live in a mil area.. The old camo has been replaced .. This is the NEW CAMO!! It's called a "multi cam"... even other countries includin US have moved away fom digital camos.. UCP itself was replaced in Afghanistan.

technically, it is not MultiCam, MultiCam are trademarked to Cyre Precision and most governmental camo pattern would be based on but different to MultiCam. The British MultiCam for example is called MTP (Multi-Terrain Pattern) and the US one called Scorpion W2 pattern (OCP), the reason why UCP was chosen by the US is because the MultiCam are trademarked to Cyre Precision.

Unless PA contract Cyre Precision for their next gen uniform like the Australian (Which I don't heard of anything like that) that pattern is not MultiCam.......

But most people don't care about this lol

technically, it is not MultiCam, MultiCam are trademarked to Cyre Precision and most governmental camo pattern would be based on but different to MultiCam. The British MultiCam for example is called MTP (Multi-Terrain Pattern) and the US one called Scorpion W2 pattern (OCP), the reason why UCP was chosen by the US is because the MultiCam are trademarked to Cyre Precision.

Unless PA contract Cyre Precision for their next gen uniform like the Australian (Which I don't heard of anything like that) that pattern is not MultiCam.......

But most people don't care about this lol
That looks nothing like Multicam,
I don't even think our Military bothered to give it a name...
I'll refer to it as PAKCAM from now on :D

Sir that pic is from 2013!!!

It was introduced at that time... Even posted a thread with pics of the new camo back than.

Here are some new pics from COAS's visit to operational areas:

View attachment 235413 View attachment 235414
OK but there still are many images from meeting on front line in same old camo, images from 2015. Also have seen some units using the older patterns in Okara cant as well.. This makes sense, i mean what you are saying is true, the uniform is being replaced but surely it would not have changed over night, they are changing, a few units may be left behind and will move to this new camo in due time. Have seen this running in printing as well.

Oh and by the way, now that they have changed the uniform, they do change the patterns on the bullet proof vest. In old pattern they will stick out pretty clearly on this new uniform pattern. Better go for matching vest and even helmets.
714195-RaheelSharif-1401225031-656-640x480.JPG

Not totally, this new one is in production and is replacing the older one. What i meant to ask was will this be the new standard issue and all the old ones will be phased out. Also will this be it? no digital cammo for now? it will be better if we can get someone from the INSIDE answer this, @Icarus

The old camo scheme has been completely phased out, as of March, the new camo scheme is the standard issue. As for the second part of your question, this is digital pixelated camo.

The old camo scheme has been completely phased out, as of March, the new camo scheme is the standard issue. As for the second part of your question, this is digital pixelated camo.
NOOO,, this don not loks like one now, in fact i have even check the printing and that is not the case, these look like motives, quite smaller ones compared to the older uniform. Will have another look when i visit the plant and will surely share the details with you. I don't think it is a digital pixel patterns.

NOOO,, this don not loks like one now, in fact i have even check the printing and that is not the case, these look like motives, quite smaller ones compared to the older uniform. Will have another look when i visit the plant and will surely share the details with you. I don't think it is a digital pixel patterns.
Do you know the supplier? I'd be glad to have the email so I could send a few uniforms to camopedia.org
They wanted to find a few uniforms for their Museum

I think its a four colour digital pattern on a olive-khaki background.

I think its a four colour digital pattern on a olive-khaki background.
It isn't digital. It doesn't even resemble digi at all, if you look at it closely. Here's a Photo I took:
ARID_P.jpg

This ugly TV static "Camouflage" is digital:

GRAY-DIGI-CAMO__280.jpg

Emphasis on ugly, TV static and "Camouflage"

Last edited:
I forgot to add that I find the Australian camouflage a little funny... I hope it works for 'em.

People forget except for the few green bits round the edge Australia is desert.

Attachments

• map_australia.jpg
    map_australia.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 14
People forget except for the few green bits round the edge Australia is desert.
But it still looks funny :P

Btw when I made that post I did have Australian geography in my mind. I was surprised that they had not switched to a pixelated version as of yet, rather decided to stick to old "duck hunter" style. Am I wrong??

I forgot to add that I find the Australian camouflage a little funny... I hope it works for 'em.

18cdfjul15.jpg

G'day Mate

Funny enough, DPCU or AUSCAM worked, but only to Australian Landscape

DPCU or Disruptive Pattern Camouflage Uniform were designed in the 70s and 80s after the US duck hunter pattern. The colour scheme is selected by geologist by aerial photography. The DPCU which uses a disruptive scheme which is to play trick to the eyes of the service combatant rather than using a solid scheme or "tarn" design in the Europe. Both of which designed to blend the uniform into the environment.

DPCU have 4 different version, they are DPDU, DPNU, DPMU and DPCU OpFor

800px-Australian_soldier_Afghanistan_Aug_2008.jpg

DPDU Disruptive Pattern Desert Uniform

1280px-thumbnail.jpg

DPNU and DPCU

G'day Mate

Funny enough, DPCU or AUSCAM worked, but only to Australian Landscape

DPCU or Disruptive Pattern Camouflage Uniform were designed in the 70s and 80s after the US duck hunter pattern. The colour scheme is selected by geologist by aerial photography. The DPCU which uses a disruptive scheme which is to play trick to the eyes of the service combatant rather than using a solid scheme or "tarn" design in the Europe. Both of which designed to blend the uniform into the environment.

DPCU have 4 different version, they are DPDU, DPNU, DPMU and DPCU OpFor

800px-Australian_soldier_Afghanistan_Aug_2008.jpg

DPDU Disruptive Pattern Desert Uniform

1280px-thumbnail.jpg

DPNU and DPCU
Thanks!!!
I'm sorry if I sounded as if I was mocking the Australians. I do know of the Australian multicam patterns. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom