What's new

Calcutta Hindu-Muslim Riot of August 1946 and its Impact on East Bengal

Your narrative is false. You can watch neutral sources by BBC that party workers of Muslim League attacked the Hindu neighbourhood after listening to the hate infested speech on that day.

@ I heard that in those days Muslim % was around 25 % in Calcutta City. How come the minority starts the rioting against the majority ? " Ashte bolen ", my son will laugh !!!

@ I heard that in those days Muslim % was around 25 % in Calcutta City. How come the minority starts the rioting against the majority ? " Ashte bolen ", my son will laugh !!!

Muslim League formed government in Bengal after 1946 victory, CM Suhrawardy even got 16th august declared as public holiday. It was one of the largest rallies of Muslim League where League party workers were even carrying small weapons like iron rods

Muslims dont need a reason to start rioting, they just do. Even with 13% population today, they start riots in India, so 25% is a pretty comfortable number for them.

Hosorical facts dont change, about how you muslims backstabbed us, killed us and sneakily squeezed out a nation for yourselves while we Hindus gave our blood fighting the British for our independence. All you Muslim League leaders and people did was see how to worship your gora masters, while we actually got them out of here only to be backstabbed by you people.

Muslims dont need a reason to start rioting, they just do. Even with 13% population today, they start riots in India, so 25% is a pretty comfortable number for them.

Hosorical facts dont change, about how you muslims backstabbed us, killed us and sneakily squeezed out a nation for yourselves while we Hindus gave our blood fighting the British for our independence. All you Muslim League leaders and people did was see how to worship your gora masters, while we actually got them out of here only to be backstabbed by you people.

backstabbed. we are not banayas we dont do business in everything.

anyway Pick up histotry of Hindus even in Undivided subcontinent and you will see that its always been Hindus who had been starting deadly riots even against other miniorities too what to say about against Muslims

One Pakjabi Musalman is equal to 10 Hindus(Pakistani general assertion), using the same analogy it would safe to assume 1\4 population Muslim population was sufficient enough to overwhelm Hindus of calcutta.

Even after partition and after seeing Muslims going on a rampage in Bengal for getting country partitioned , Hindus of Bengal haven't learned anything, even after partition, Muslims still constitute around 25% of WB's population.

On Pakjabi Musalman is equal to 10 Hindus(Pakistani general assertion), using the same analogy it would safe to assume 1\4 population Muslim population was sufficient enough to overwhelm Hindus of calcutta.

Even after partition and after seeing Muslims going on a rampage in Bengal for getting country partitioned , Hindus of Bengal haven't learned anything, even after partition, Muslims still constitute around 25% of WB's population.

coz bengali hindus r much more sane than any other indic hindus.

trust me if i have little bit respect for hindus its because of our dadas

now go cheer for modi

now go cheer for modi
And Indian Bengalis respect Bangladeshis only for their participation in mirakkel,a bengali comedy show of Indian origin. ;P

And regarding the topic, at this date it doesnt matter for whose fault or extremism the riots occurred. Facts are very hard to prove. But it is true the Bengalis as a single community failed for faults of both the religious groups. It proved partition was necessary.

now go cheer for modi

But it seems you folks only admire yr Bengali hindus but have never adopted their easy going attitude towards that they towards minorities(MUslims), probably that's the reason why Hindus are fleeing BD and their number has continually dwindled in BD.

Muslims in India get attacked when they riot and burn trains, whereas in BD Hindus can never be accused of anything of this sort still they are at the receiving end. Last when When Begum Zia came to power there were numerous attacks on Hindus , their fault being that were staunch supporter of Sheikh Hasina. They did not burn down a train carrying Muslim pilgrims which was trigger to Gujarat riots.

Modi is only man who can jump start Indian economy so i will cheer for Modi.

@Hobo1 hindus r not fleeling from BD maybe they like kolkata more or something like that

last time hindus had attack it was 71. evem in present BD political situation is terrible

only some temples had attacks. we r not burning them or raping them

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hobo1 hindus r not fleeling from BD maybe they like kolkata more or something like that

last time hindus had attack it was 71. evem in present BD political situation is terrible

only some temples had attacks. we r not burning them or raping them
Actually its better this way. Similar in West Bengal with Hindu majority and Muslim minority. Riots or Hindu-Muslim conflict dont occur. And fyi Muslims of kolkata are rarely of Bengali descent. Bengali muslims are more concentrated in the districts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving aside much of the pointless posts above I would like to make a point to my Pakistani brothers that while celebrating 14th Aug they should not forget or ignore the sacrifices of the Bengali Muslim's who gave up so much including their lives to make Pakistan a reality.

I don't think Huseyn Shahed Suhrawardy was communal...If he was he wouldn't put forward the idea of a United Bengal or Greater Independent Bengal together with Sarat Chandra Bose,Kiran Shankar Roy,Abul Hashim and Satya Ranjan Bakshi.The idea was opposed by Congress,Muslim League and Hindu Mahasabha.He was one of the very few politicians pushing for a three state solution!Pakistan for Muslims,India for Hindu and GIB made up of Bengal,Assam and parts of Bihar!

oh really..!! what would Hindu bengalis be in that great bengal federation? ur slaves???

Back
Top Bottom