Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Myanmar border guard firing injures a BGB soldier, another abducted
Chittagong Bureau and Cox’s Bazar Correspondent, bdnews24.com

Published: 2015-06-17 13:10:17.0 BdST Updated: 2015-06-17 13:10:52.0 BdST

• Cox%27s-Bazar-Snapshot-01.jpg

Injured BGB soldier ‘Biplob’ at the Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital
A soldier of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in Cox’s Bazar was injured by shots fired by Myanmar’s Border Guard Police (BGP) while another soldier was abducted, officials of the force confirmed.

Related Stories

The exchange of fire between the two countries’ border patrols occurred on the Naf River in Teknaf Upazila.

Teknaf BGB 42 Battalion chief Lt Col Abu Zar Al Zahid said the shootout took place around 4am on Wednesday at the river’s Jamudira Point.

The wounded BGB soldier ‘Bilpob’, 21, has been admitted to the Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital.

The abducted soldier has been identified as Nayek ‘Razzak’.

The exchange of firing had been caused by a ‘misunderstanding’, according to the BGB.

“The shooting broke out due to a misunderstanding with the BGP when the BGB patrol was searching a trawler following a tip-off regarding Yaba smuggling,” the force’s Chittagong South-East Region Director Lt Col Ekram told bdnews24.com.

The abducted soldier was said to be all right and the BGB were in contact with the BGP to bring him back, added the BGB official.

1. It seems BGB has allowed Burmese Border Police (really old Luntin commanded by army officers) the domination of BD-Burma border. This is almost a repeat story of what happened sometime back.
2. Burma knows BD is totally isolated in the world. The nation and the armed forces suffer from low moral and ideological confusion. A village lad wearing the uniform will not hesitate giving his life for the motherland if he has been motivated correctly in following an ideology. But this blast of secularism demoralizes him. Patriotism doesn't grow in the tree.
3. Burma knows if attacked BD will invariably fall into India's lap. And India's help never comes free.

^^ low morale due to Sickularism ??That's some shitty logic. BD is almost 90% muslim. US and Russia both are secular as well .
US ideology is "freedom", that's why their government can bomb any country in the name of freedom and get away with it.

For Russia, well they were an atheist state for quite a long time, so secularism works there too.

As you just mentioned Bangladesh is mainly Muslim, and for majority of the Muslims world-wide Islam comes before nationality, and trying to enforce secularism is just a way of dividing up the people.

3. Burma knows if attacked BD will invariably fall into India's lap. And India's help never comes free.
Our Military is strong enough to deal with those Burmese idiots, Don't think we will ever need Indian or anyone's help for dealing with them. Also, if they attack Bangladesh, they will come under huge International sanctions for attacking a "Sovereign" Nation. Also, I am quite sure Burma are more isolated geo-politically than Bangladesh.

Something fishy here.
Shooting at our BGB is understandable but abducting without a fight???? Not believable. That again taking hostage from our boat to their boat.
They must had been inside Burma.

BGB man shot while exchanging fire with BGP
BGB man shot while exchanging fire with BGP | The Daily Star

A member of paramilitary force suffered bullet wounds when border guards of Bangladesh and Myanmar exchanged gunfire in Naf river of Cox’s Bazar early today.

Myanmar Border Guard Police (BGP) allegedly opened fire at a patrol trawler of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in the mid river in Teknaf and also abducted one of its members.

“The exchange of gunfire took place due to a misunderstanding. A flag meeting is scheduled to be held today where the matter will be settled,” said Col Anisur Rahman, sector commander of Cox's Bazar BGB.

The abducted BGB nayek Abdur Razzak, 40, would be brought back through the flag meeting.

The sector commander said members of the both BGB and BGP were injured when the gunfire were exchange around 5:30am. But he did not mention the figure of the injured persons.

Bullet-hit sepoy Biplob Kumar, 24, was taken to Cox’s Bazar General Hospital.

^^ low morale due to Sickularism ??That's some shitty logic. BD is almost 90% muslim. US and Russia both are secular as well .

@asad71 , if attacked by Myanmar then I hope OIC will pass some resolutions.

OIC is not a military alliance. They cant pass anything other than resolution.

Something to do with Ajit Doval visit to Burma?? :undecided:

Myanmar Border Guard Police (BGP) allegedly opened fire at a patrol trawler of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in the mid river in Teknaf and also abducted one of its members.

some part of the story is missing... Both members were on patrol boats during incident..?

Every "Sovereign" Nation has right to shoot foreign force who enter its territory without permission.. that's not aggressive.. :D

Myanmar border guard firing injures a BGB soldier, another abducted

The doctoring of the title for effect says something.

There is no land border in our region where misunderstanding do not take place among troops on the ground.

So.. Burma wants to fight ?

It speaks of poor procedures which need attention. Soldiers suffer often to poor management by their Officers.

Meanwhile idle chest thumping commences.

Reminds me of the Threads when Burma / BD had anissue over areas in BoB. It was made to appear like ' The Russians are coming""

these burmese think they got balls now , but let me tell yaw somethings if its war between bangladesh vs myanmar it would only take a week before bangladesh army capture the whole myanmar if china and india don't interfere , bangladesh army might not have the best aircraft but trust me they are one of the most highly trained armed forces in the world , bangladesh army trained saudi army and many other nation , i wonder why we even wanna fight , but living in a newyork city i met a south african white guy who traveled bangladesh and myanmar , and even tho i never been in myanmar but i have to hear from him how myanmar people was kinda not friendly and not good people by heart , he was lyk bangladesh people are really awesome and friendly but not in burma that was his word , than i realize why we had to see these buddhist monks are killing innocent rohingas child women just cz they believe their terrorist buddhist leader , only the uneducated illiterate brainwashed people ccoud do this to a innocent civilian , does this idiot buddhist terrorist leader understand that child doesn't know what is religion when they are young they are just pure innocent , but still these buddhist people killed so many people , someone really needs to send a clear message to burma that what they are doing is wrong we all are human right here , they must stop oppressing these rohingas who has been living their for more than 800 years

Last edited:
it would only take a week before bangladesh army capture the whole myanmar if china and india don't interfere ,

But Now...? :azn::azn:

living in a newyork city i met a south african white guy who traveled bangladesh and myanmar , and even tho i never been in myanmar but i have to hear from him how myanmar people was kinda not friendly and not good people by heart , he was lyk bangladesh people are really awesome and friendly but not in burma that was his word ,

over 3 million tourists visited Myanmar in last year.. then mean while in BD.. :pleasantry::pleasantry:? How many people come to BD..? :haha::haha:

over 3 million tourists visited Myanmar in last year.. then mean while in BD.. :pleasantry::pleasantry:? How many people come to BD..? :haha::haha:[/QUOTE]

lol its cz bangladesh going through politics problem , so bangladesh won't get that much tourist now , and u had 3 million visitors just cz u country just got out from jail after 1000 years from your own army , so people around the world thought its new destination so they should visit , its good that u had so many visitors good for your economy , but u must tell your people to stop oppressing rohingas they been their for long time they are the people of myanmar just lyk how red indians are native american , otherwise this people are visitors definitely go against u either today or tomorrow when they see these oppressing to rohingas , your buddhist terrorist leader is behind all these , tell him to stop for your own good man , he was in the front page of world knows time magazine as a face of buddhist terrorist

US ideology is "freedom", that's why their government can bomb any country in the name of freedom and get away with it.

For Russia, well they were an atheist state for quite a long time, so secularism works there too.

As you just mentioned Bangladesh is mainly Muslim, and for majority of the Muslims world-wide Islam comes before nations.

That's again shitty logic. I don't see Islamic countries without oil doing any better. Turkey being exception due to it's NATO membership.

Muslim BD has lots of friends. Bur Secular BD of SHW has only one master.

That's how jamaties think , but they are already declared as endangered spicy in BD.Whatever remains of jamaties would be purged during remaing Hasina's term , ofcourse under India's aegis.

, they must stop oppressing these rehangs who has been living their for more than 800 years

LOL.. Rahang means Rakhine who live arakan state called by people from 12 Bangla cities under Rakhine Kings's regime.. :D

u had 3 million visitors just cz u country just got out from jail after 1000 years from your own army , so people around the world thought its new destination so they should visit , its good that u had so many visitors good for your economy

then suppose our country just out from jail.. but we can do during 4 years... How about ur country..? u got freedom since 1971.. Have BD ever got such a 3 millions tourists record..? Why people didnt go to BD , land of friendly people as u said..? why did they go land of bad people over time....? :D dont point recent little problems.. LOL

to stop oppressing rohingas they been their for long time they are the people of myanmar just lyk how red indians are native american , otherwise this people are visitors definitely go against u either today or tomorrow when they see these oppressing to rohingas , your buddhist terrorist leader is behind all these , tell him to stop for your own good man , he was in the front page of world knows time magazine as a face of buddhist terrorist

i doubt u're living in NY.. o_O u mean living in NY for 2 days..?

Back
Top Bottom