What's new

Burka Avenger | Pakistan's Animated Female Superhero | Updates & Episodes.

Most Indians can pronounce 'z' sound properly and neither do most Indians shake their head when speaking in whatever way you people imagine .

Ok let me correct my bro @DESERT FIGHTER...He meant 100% Indians who go abroad...I am yet to see an Indian NOT bobbing their heads while talking!! :cheesy:

The question however arises - is Burka something that should be promoted or not.

The question arises WHY DO Indians SEE THAT AS THE ONLY msg one can get from the cartoon?!

What about a LADY SUPER HERO?!

What about education?!

Oh wait...Skin is necessary too...why she no show her skin and figure...we cant study without that...Sorry man Maybe in India not in Pakistan...we are not dying to make women show their skin to get a :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok let me correct my bro @DESERT FIGHTER...He meant 100% Indians who go abroad...I am yet to see an Indian NOT bobbing their heads while talking!! :cheesy:

That is absolutely rubbish. But I agree with you guys on the z pronunciation. Most Indians can't pronounce it. I had to learn it when I first came out of India.

Nobody answered my question though. Why is it in English?

Haha..entirely upto you mate.
However just as 'parda', should not be promoted in India, similarly burqa should not be promoted in Pakistan.

Its not, not that many women wear burkhas in Pakistan. In Karachi for example, most women will wear to bazars because or places like that since the men there stare a lot and makes them feel uncomfortable.

Sari's are still worn in Pakistan but usually for special occasions like a wedding or something like that. Women do wear one a regular basis (especially the a lot of the older generation) but it just easier to wear a shalwar kameez since its easier to move in and doesn't take as much time putting it together.

How many girls in India still wear Sari's on a normal basis? One of my Indian friends told me that mostly all the girls wear western clothing in big cities and look down on shalwar kameez's. At least we still haven't lost that aspect of our culture.

A feeble mind is preferable over an ignorant mind any day friend.

I did say that the relevance of Sari is very low in Pakistan today. Yet, that was not the case a few decades ago.

And the reason for that along with the reasons for decline of many things in Pakistan has been a rabid Islamization drive.

From blatant Islamization efforts to subtle ones - like the cartoon, all are evident to people with a critical eye.

Undoubtedly.
The question however arises - is Burka something that should be promoted or not.

And why shouldnt it be, you got personal issue with it?.....if one wants to wear jeans or a burqa, what is it to you or me? Isnt it the personal preference?

That is absolutely rubbish. But I agree with you guys on the z pronunciation. Most Indians can't pronounce it. I had to learn it when I first came out of India.
At least someone speaking some truth..
Nobody answered my question though. Why is it in English?

Why not? It can be in both languages if you please....Maybe to promote the use of English language as we already speak Urdu at home and in school...Encourage kids to talk in English as it is the language the world uses to communicate on a global level

Pakistan was closer to us. Almost similar except for religion..confined to mosques and prayers.

Since then however their Mard-e-momin and Army decided that they should try and emulate Arabs.
However Arabization attempts should not be disguised like this one.

I support the Ulemas giving fatwas in KPK that women should not be allowed to go to the markets without male company.
Yet you question the burqa...Just shows you have no idea what you just said there and are just trolling...

Pakistan is slowly becoming Arabia anyways, but they shouldnt use such backhanded ways as show burqa clad women as heros on TV in Burqa - which the kid would end up idolizing.
I am yet to see someone wearing their underwear outside like superman!! :woot:

At least someone speaking some truth..

I always do. So I have a friend whose name is Zachary--Zach. Initially I used to call him Jack, then he corrected me. I made an effort to learn the zee pronunciation and I think I am pretty good at it now. Nothing to be ashamed of. Many languages don't have all the sounds and you learn new things everyday.

Why not? It can be in both languages if you please....Maybe to promote the use of English language as we already speak Urdu at home and in school...Encourage kids to talk in English as it is the language the world uses to communicate on a global level

That makes sense that way but not business wise. They can definitely reach a much bigger market with Urdu in Pakistan. If the plan is to go abroad then I can see why. I suspect that could be their motive too, as most of the characters are speaking in American accent. No Pakistani speaks like that.

I always do. So I have a friend whose name is Zachary--Zach. Initially I used to call him Jack, then he corrected me. I made an effort to learn the zee pronunciation and I think I am pretty good at it now. Nothing to be ashamed of. Many languages don't have all the sounds and you learn new things everyday.
Agreed..

That makes sense that way but not business wise. They can definitely reach a much bigger market with Urdu in Pakistan. If the plan is to go abroad then I can see why. I suspect that could be their motive too, as most of the characters are speaking in American accent.
Well, I do not look at other motives...even if they wanted to put it in the foreign market, why not? The cartoon shows education in a good light......

No Pakistani speaks like that.
You have not heard @RazPaK then :rofl:

The covering up and promotion of desert religion part.
@Redbull...

Desert religion?! I feel offended!!

Anyway, As far as covering goes...it was also and still is practiced by Hindus, Sikhs, Jews and some Roman Christians (when they pray)...

If it was a desert religion, I am not sure why SOME Hindus cover their head when they see their elders...Why the nuns cover their head....why some Jews put a shawl over their head when they pray?

If they do it WHEN THEY PRAY COZ they are in front of GOD...we are ALWAYS in front of GOD and our body is sacred and always in a state of "prayer" as Muslim is a verb meaning to do ISLAM....Islam means to submission, surrender, obedience and sincerity do all these for actions in peace to The only one GOD...

So I am not sure where you got this desert nonesense from?! :unsure:

The covering up
I am sorry to say I do not agree with a half naked woman running a school ...now THAT would be disgusting! A teacher is a teacher not running a brothel!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom