What's new

Building the Black Taj Mahal - Can Indian Government do that?

i think Taj is over rated.. i have been here, there is nothing so speacial that people come from all over the world.

Not quite Mughal architecture.

It was built as a palace, by Raja Mansingh and purchased by Shah Jahan from his grandson Jai Singh. Details are in the Badshahnama of Shah Jahan. But yes, the style is influenced by Persian architecture, so you could call it a Rajput-Persian blend.

Ever intelligent person knows shahjahan built it.... not rajputs.

Black Taj Mahal - YouTube

It will be a tribute to the great Mughal Architecture and attract even more tourists in Aagra. Building the second Taj Mahal, the Black Taj Mahal which Shah Jahan had envisioned would give India tons of glories for a small building cost.

Is there any thought, any movement, any minds in thinking about building the second Taj Mahal? If not then can there be one?

taj_mahal_main.jpg

0a2b499029ea6a617fe09013b671610e

Government job is not building super expensive mausoleums,They should rather concentrate on building good Infrastructure for our cities.

i think Taj is over rated.. i have been here, there is nothing so speacial that people come from all over the world.

anyways.. the greatest erection of Shah Jahan came Via Agra - The Taj Mahal

its an architectural marvel of those times..its known for its foundation building technique in a river bed with water and the bulbous dome technique which is something revolutionary and other decoration techniques like pietra dura and its symmetry..apart from the story of taj..hence its somuch revered

Ah! Another way to make a quick buck! The slush money will now most likely be shared between the SP and BSP! Raja Bhaiya will be made the Chief project officer!

Way to go! :tup:

that tejomahalay word is made out of thin air by a self proclaimed historian which no one believes but this argument sounds interesting

Related

http://freepressjournal.in/fatehpur-sikri-was-once-a-jain-pilgrimage-centre/

Agra : Fatehpur Sikri, that Mughal emperor Akbar established as his capital and is now a World Heritage site 32 km from here, was once a “flourishing trade and Jain pilgrimage centre”, a new book says.

Basing his arguments on the excavations by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) in 1999-2000 at the Chabeli Tila, senior Agra journalist Bhanu Pratap Singh said the antique pieces, statues, and structures all point to a lost “culture and religious site,” more than 1,000 years ago.

“The excavations yielded a rich crop of Jain statues, hundreds of them, including the foundation stone of a temple with the date. The statues were a thousand years old of Bhagwan Adi Nath, Bhagwan Rishabh Nath, Bhagwan Mahavir and Jain Yakshinis,” said Swarup Chandra Jain, senior leader of the Jain community. The Jains comprise about 0.4 percent of India’s population of 1.2 billion and are a generally religious, prosperous and literate community.

Historian Sugam Anand said: “The findings should have led to serious research, but that was not done. You need time and resources. Definitely before Akbar built his capital in Fatehpur Sikri, there is proof of habitation, of temples and commercial centres. The open space on the ridge was used by Akbar to build his capital. But we still need a lot of research.”

The statues and artefacts discovered buried in a pond have been kept in a guest house in Fatehpur Sikri by the ASI.

Talking to IANS, Bhanu Pratap Singh, the author of “Jain Dharm Ka Pramukh Kendra Tha Fatehpur Sikri,” said: “Sikri existed much before Akbar. The excavations have clearly established this fact.”

D.V. Sharma, former superintending archaeologist of the ASI in Agra, who supervised the excavations, told IANS: “We found scores of damaged statues piled up, and with dates, also a manuscript. These are now lying in the guest house at Fatehpur Sikri. They should have gone ahead with the excavations and engaged historians to research on the

subject.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont get it, can someone give me a short summary for the reason to build a black copy of this unique building?

I guess it has some historical reasons...

PS: Just too lazy to research about it for myself :D

another reason to make a quick buck..besides they should be repairing the foundations of the original Taj Mahal..its one of the wonders which may not last too long...

well its true about black taj. This was in the nat geo. Plus this is also true that raj put king made it. It was temple 1st.
This war in my sis history book in 12th i guess
And its even in my fact book

എന്തിരെടെയ് ഇത്
സത്യം പുളിക്കും മോനേ ദിനേശാ... ആ ലിങ്ക് നല്ലത് പോലെ വായിച്ചു നോക്ക്.. നെറ്റ്ല് സെർച്ച്* ചെയ്തു നോക്ക്.. എന്നിട്ട് പറ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom