What's new

BSF assistant commandant shot dead by constable

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AMRITSAR: In a case of fratricide, a BSF constable allegedly shot dead an assistant commandant of the force on the Indo-Pak border out post of Rattokey.

A senior BSF official said on Tuesday that BSF constable Anil Kumar was disturbed for the last few days as his assistant commandant J C Pandey had charged him with gross indiscipline and filed a report against him.

"In a fit of anger, Anil Kumar fired five gunshots at Pandey, killing him on the spot, and fled away while continuing firing to keep his fellow colleagues away from the scene," the official said, adding that Kumar was carrying a fully loaded automatic rifle.

Immediately after the incident, heavy force was deployed to cordon off the entire area.

Kumar, a resident of Rajasthan, was apprehended after a massive search operation.

Official said investigation was on to ascertain what led Kumar to take such an extreme step

Pandey's family in Uttarakhand has been informed about the incident.

BSF assistant commandant shot dead by constable - The Times of India

In an earlier study reported in The Hindu.
Chilling reality

These are not isolated incidents. Something seems to be seriously wrong with the mental health of members of the 1.13-million-strong Indian Army. Otherwise highly motivated soldiers, who are trained to handle pressure, are breaking down and either taking their own lives or attacking their officers, at times even killing them. The chilling reality, according to the figures put out by officials of the Ministry of Defence, is that the Army is losing more soldiers to suicides and fratricides than to militancy-related incidents. Every third day, a soldier kills himself.

AMRITSAR: In a case of fratricide, a BSF constable allegedly shot dead an assistant commandant of the force on the Indo-Pak border out post of Rattokey.

A senior BSF official said on Tuesday that BSF constable Anil Kumar was disturbed for the last few days as his assistant commandant J C Pandey had charged him with gross indiscipline and filed a report against him.

"In a fit of anger, Anil Kumar fired five gunshots at Pandey, killing him on the spot, and fled away while continuing firing to keep his fellow colleagues away from the scene," the official said, adding that Kumar was carrying a fully loaded automatic rifle.

Immediately after the incident, heavy force was deployed to cordon off the entire area.

Kumar, a resident of Rajasthan, was apprehended after a massive search operation.

Official said investigation was on to ascertain what led Kumar to take such an extreme step

Pandey's family in Uttarakhand has been informed about the incident.

BSF assistant commandant shot dead by constable - The Times of India

RIP to such a waste of life

I wonder why these stories in Indian military dont go away?

is it mental and physical fatigue of the soldiers that make them go that far?
is it personal guilt over oppressing the civilian populations? rape, torture and murder?
is it inhumane treatment and grueling regime by the seniors that bring these men to breaking point?
is it relentless duty without leave? in the past the Indian soldiers have had nervous breakdown over denial of leaves?
or is it the taste of blood?

it is said that people who kill other people develop this addition for taking the life of another human. some do it under the guise of the uniform and some do it under the guise of religion or ideology. and for them there is nothing more satisfying than killing another armed man.

these guys are immature, young, fit and fully trained to kill and have best weapons at their disposal that the money can buy and if there is no clear enemy to kill then like wolves they can turn to each other.
it is a sad end to a life and I feel sorry for the commander who died at the hands of his own fellow soldier.

I can proudly say that from past to the present and Inshallah to future we soldiers have never ever turned our guns to our brothers in arms and have actually gladly taken the bullet for our colleagues.

RIP to such a waste of life

I wonder why these stories in Indian military dont go away?

is it mental and physical fatigue of the soldiers that make them go that far?
is it personal guilt over oppressing the civilian populations? rape, torture and murder?
is it inhumane treatment and grueling regime by the seniors that bring these men to breaking point?
is it relentless duty without leave? in the past the Indian soldiers have had nervous breakdown over denial of leaves?
or is it the taste of blood?

it is said that people who kill other people develop this addition for taking the life of another human. some do it under the guise of the uniform and some do it under the guise of religion or ideology. and for them there is nothing more satisfying than killing another armed man.

these guys are immature, young, fit and fully trained to kill and have best weapons at their disposal that the money can buy and if there is no clear enemy to kill then like wolves they can turn to each other.
it is a sad end to a life and I feel sorry for the commander who died at the hands of his own fellow soldier.

I can proudly say that from past to the present and Inshallah to future we soldiers have never ever turned our guns to our brothers in arms and have actually gladly taken the bullet for our colleagues.
@Irfan Baloch
Sir, it could be any of the above reasons, however i would like to comment on your last lines, a subject which i touched my self on this forum, We can indeed proudly claim that no such incident has ever come before my eyes, is it the training, mental preparations, the sense of being a saviour or through sheer professionalism that PA doesn't has to deal with such situations.

@Irfan Baloch
Sir, it could be any of the above reasons, however i would like to comment on your last lines, a subject which i touched my self on this forum, We can indeed proudly claim that no such incident has ever come before my eyes, is it the training, mental preparations, the sense of being a saviour or through sheer professionalism that PA doesn't has to deal with such situations.

despite the negative and mocking propaganda of foreign paid media and some military intellectuals.. our military has not engaged in anything which would have caused the moral guilt and conflict among the soldiers. our officers and soldiers have actually laid their lives saving each other let alone take them I dont mean to brag but say thank to God that despite what Paleet Kamran Shafi and Paleet Hamid Mir and Paleet and khanas that comes out of Hanif Abbasi and other military hating people ... we have not engaged in morally repulsive activities which the Indians have engaged with Kashmiris and their own Naxalites the allegations of rapes in east Pakistan were fake and fabricated to cause hatred and fear among the Bengali population.

some dickface after getting butthurt will bring up our defeat in east Pakistan but see that from that day till today our military didnt resort to killing itself despite facing both internal and external challenges.
its all due to the training our faith and our belief and conviction to be on the right and dont do anything morally repulsive and degrading which has been done by soldiers across the globe like pissing on corpse, taking their bits as trophies, attacking villages and raping and murdering them and then turning their guns to themselves or their colleagues.

despite the negative and mocking propaganda of foreign paid media and some military intellectuals.. our military has not engaged in anything which would have caused the moral guilt and conflict among the soldiers. our officers and soldiers have actually laid their lives saving each other let alone take them I dont mean to brag but say thank to God that despite what Paleet Kamran Shafi and Paleet Hamid Mir and Paleet and khanas that comes out of Hanif Abbasi and other military hating people ... we have not engaged in morally repulsive activities which the Indians have engaged with Kashmiris and their own Naxalites the allegations of rapes in east Pakistan were fake and fabricated to cause hatred and fear among the Bengali population.

some dickface after getting butthurt will bring up our defeat in east Pakistan but see that from that day till today our military didnt resort to killing itself despite facing both internal and external challenges.
its all due to the training our faith and our belief and conviction to be on the right and dont do anything morally repulsive and degrading which has been done by soldiers across the globe like pissing on corpse, taking their bits as trophies, attacking villages and raping and murdering them and then turning their guns to themselves or their colleagues.

Makes you feel good doesn't it ? Let's not start a dickmeasuring contest between the IA and the PA over the death of a soldier killed by his colleague. Show some fcuking respect man

Makes you feel good doesn't it ? Let's not start a dickmeasuring contest between the IA and the PA over the death of a soldier killed by his colleague. Show some fcuking respect man

on the contrary my dear. it makes me feel sick. I am really upset for the victim and his killer.
I have much more respect than you can imagine.
I was answering a question if you read the whole post. you see .. it is ok to be criticized for failures and mistakes but what is really soul destroying is when people make baseless accusations. the parallels are inevitable its not meant to mock the other party but be grateful that you dont have that issue.

while you guys are measuring your manhoods on the web.. we are actually on the ground reporting back to duty even after retirement. I am way past that stage to taunt you guys. I was discharged 20 years ago on medical grounds but I have been training and kept myself fit and reported back to fight the taliban I dont have time to tease and taunt you guys over some sad incidents but I feel its essential to point out the differences in facts and fiction about us.

on the contrary my dear. it makes me feel sick. I am really upset for the victim and his killer.
I have much more respect than you can imagine.
I was answering a question if you read the whole post. you see .. it is ok to be criticized for failures and mistakes but what is really soul destroying is when people make baseless accusations. the parallels are inevitable its not meant to mock the other party but be grateful that you dont have that issue.

while you guys are measuring your manhoods on the web.. we are actually on the ground reporting back to duty even after retirement. I am way past that stage to taunt you guys. I was discharged 20 years ago on medical grounds but I have been training and kept myself fit and reported back to fight the taliban I dont have time to tease and taunt you guys over some sad incidents but I feel its essential to point out the differences in facts and fiction about us.

For your information Sir, I do come from a family of Indian military personnel including high ranking officers. I have never heard them insult nor mock the death of any soldier especially a Pakistani soldier. Your tone in your post with due respect was plainly disrespectful as a representative of the Pakistani army, hence my response. Perhaps I was mistaken. If so, your forgiveness will be appreciated

now that's sad :(
a army man should not die like this :(
RIP
This is NOT about the Army. It's the Border Security Force (BSF) which is a paramilitary force under the ministry of Home Affairs.

I don't know why the Army is referred to every time even when a topic concerns central police forces? Are people so ignorant out here that they do not not know the difference between the police and the army?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom