What's new

British high commissioner calls CPEC ‘game changer’

I respectively disagree. We have gone back to 1900 when they initiated 'Operation Mad Mullah'. This was to destroy the Islamic Ottoman Empire and occupy the lands and resources. What is going on now is no different. Smashing Muslim countries and leaving them in chaos, then creating a narrative to stop the terrorists in those, same broken countries to invade it. They're waiting to go back in, and they will go in.

All this has been foretold in Al-Shaam, Land of the two rivers and Misr's destruction is yet to come.
CPEC will play the same role for Pakistan what Suez canal is playing for Egypt. Right now Egypt is earning 5 billion dollars per year from Suez canal. How much will Pakistan earn from CPEC ?

CPEC will play the same role for Pakistan what Suez canal is playing for Egypt. Right now Egypt is earning 5 billion dollars per year from Suez canal. How much will Pakistan earn from CPEC ?

Much more than that especially in light of the fact that Gwadar and CPEC is of strategic importance to the great China. Much more so than Suez is to western nations.

So much hype over CPEC. Gwadar doesn't enjoy any unique advantages, hence I don't see CPEC as a game changer for Pakistan.
And Who are you. You doesn't matter Bharti

High Commissioner used lip service. Game changer is for China. It gets to charge exorbitant loan rates, gets zero taxation access on its goods, royalties paid by Pakistan on top of an interest payback, employs thousands of chinese and chinese companies, while ignoring pakistanis, and flood chinese goods killing Pakistani manufacturing.

China is the factory of the world because it offers cheap labor. If Chinese goods transit through a different route, its good business to shift the supply chain, or assembly, close to the final transit point provided labor costs are similar which in Pakistan's case are lower. This is one reason why Volkswagen uses Mexico as its manufacturing base for North American market. The other reason is NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement). Pakistan is doing something similar here, i.e., providing Chinese with a transit point to new markets and a tax-free environment, a quick fix to Free Trade Agreement. If anything, it will lead to industrialization of Pakistan just like it did for Mexico (GDP: $1.2 Trillion). Here's a breakdown of Mexican exports.

Last edited:
And Who are you. You doesn't matter Bharti

You honestly didn't expect the indians to say anything positive about Gwadar or CPEC did you? I'm remember in April 1998, indian experts saying that Pakistan does not have nuclear weapons and that it is impossible for them to do so. Never trust anything an indian says. They are the most dishonest, deceptive and untrustworthy race on the planet.

British high commissioner calls CPEC ‘game changer’
Britain’s services sector is very enthusiastic about participating in CPEC projects.

LAHORE: British High Commissioner Philip Burton has put his country’s weight behind the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), saying that the $46-billion mega project marks a new dawn for the South Asian country.

US keen to invest in economic corridor projects.British high commissioner calls CPEC ‘game changer’ - The Express Tribune

Where are ALL the Indian members and ALL the "pessimistic" Pakistani members who used to make fun of me when I used to write about this growth, and fact that as the work continues, all modern world would offer investments into Pakistan AS LONG as you guys eliminate terrorism, bring about peace, religious tolerance for others and maintain a democratic, non-violent system in place. Glad to see results of my few years old predictions coming true.

Bhai imports don't ''really'' create jobs and they take the Pakistani products our of the market..

Well, you need a strategy. Trade doesn't mean someone can rob you out of your economy, specially with the strong businessmen running the country, I can't see it happen. They will allow British products to come in too, but with higher taxes. Pakistan needs Western tech, so there will be items that Pakistan can allow in, that you don't produce. For all export items or majority of them with higher margins, they will ask the other side to buy those. Everyone's happy at the end because everyone made money.

That's how you do it. The word "Trade" literally means "Trade", if one can force their stuff on you, its not a trading, its selling.

Indeed an economic game changer for Pakistan seeing the fast economic projects l, and network connection going on in Pakistan nowadays.

90% of Pakistani population would have access to a motorway within 1-2 hour of drive from their remote place. That is a big game changer, well all cities of Pakistan are centrally connected together.

Majority of China lives on east side. Chinese west is desert. Apart from connecting Xinajang to sea, I don't see how Chinese can benefit much from CPEC.
You should not worry that much otherwise your brain will burst from the pressure soon as you have repeating this line again and again on every CPEC related thread...so stop trolling and GTFO here...you are not welcome here.
I believe that the British High Commissioner and has much more knowledge than any Indian and he knows when he makes a statement.

They are trying to make the east be equal to the west. They are pouring loads of money into western china and we will benefit from that. As i said before its not only china but the whole of central asia and even russia who will use gwadar. Secondly the infrastructure projects in cpec will help us. Due to them by 2018 loadshedding would end and lahore-karachi motorway would be complete which would mean tou could travel from peshawar to karachi in a controlled access road without reducing speed below 120 kph. This would mean our whole country would be connected by motorways. There are a lot more benefits to Pakistan than you think.
Bro, do you think...he does not know these facts? Believe me he knows more than you rather Indians know about the significance of CPEC more than Pakistanis and that is why suffering with diarrhoea and he is a proven troll and he copy-pastes these lines on all CPEC related threads. So treat him like a troll should be treated.

Britain has generally had a solid business sense in taking up business opportunities that is why they are top businessmen for centuries

Certainly the region offers great potential to see more British companies invest and develop business in region

Having a strong Pakistani community in Britian gives it unique chance to use those ties to develop business branches in gawadar area for its global companies

British business companies already operate in Pakistan so would be great to see more investment from UK

Beefy project to assemble Euro Fight in Pakistan could be a great strategic long term project between Uk and Pakistan

Every one know british products in Pakistan , EPL sports products and Academies.
Rolls Royce and banking sector & Music - with out doubt second home to many Pakistani families

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom