What's new

Brig Ali charged with planning to attack GHQ with F16

I do hope we get to hear the general's take on what he is accused with.

In Pakistan Brigadiers are not really commonly referred as Generals (although the title has the word General just the same).

Anyway, his lawyer already mentioned that Brig Ali Khan asked some tough questions around GHQ about who let the Americans carry out the attack in Abottabad. Compare that wit the Ansar Abassi article/email about Code-663, it will turn out that the Pakistanis had the Americans in their cross-hairs when at the last minute senior military/civilian leadership asked the PAF to withdraw and let the Americans escape.

These facts are something the civilian and military leadership has hidden from the public, it tells you why when the ISI chief offered his resignation, the PM said "No worries man, take it easy".

Your military really needs to be stripped off power politics, folks. This is a dangerous precedent they are setting. Even planning to use such high-end platforms for a takeover is dangerous. Wonder what was the guy thinking.

Frankly , its stupid to contemplate that A single F-16 Hijacked by a rouge pilot would be allowed to carry out Bombing run against GHQ , as well as CIA Bases in Pakistan
My guess is that some one would have found out about this and would have alerted PAF high command to scramble Jets to take out the Rouge pilot , coz frankly their are likely to be several fighters in air , at anytime ,
Even IAF Fighters are armed with 2 AAMs even during peacetime sorties

It could however be possible for Rouge terrorist to Hijack a small civilian Aircraft and ram it into GHQ , but then he would have to deal with SAMs

Fine try him in a civilian court - what is this fishy business of rescinding his retirement 2 months after and saying they will try him in military courts.

What is the military trying to hide from the civilian court?

Hi,

What millitary is trying to hide is millitary's prerogative and the civilian court does not need to know about it. That is what what happens when you put your signature on the bottom line to join the army---. The most democratic country of the world--the usa---look what it does to its millitary people---how about the espionage act in the u s----.

In the u s---the judges dare not challenge the request from a millitary court----or a millitary advocate---. The preosecuting attorney can only say---your honor this material is not admissible in your court because of the security--or sensitive information maybe leaked to the enemy etc---or the hearing needs to be in a secure environment---or this material cannot be presented due to its sensitivity in your court room---could you kindly visit the secure environement for a breifing and the american judges oblige---the fools sitting in robes in pakistan are totally clueless to what is happening----.

They just simply can't do their simple tasks that they were hired to do---provision of justice---how is it possible for them to look into matters more difficult than that.

Bigger plot: ‘HuT has formed a shadow govt for Pakistan’
By News Desk
Published: March 7, 2012

346598-BrigAliKhanphotofile-1331096954-904-640x480.jpg

111 Brigade chief says Brig Ali had met HuT’s chief for Palestinian territory. PHOTO: FILE

Brigadier (retd) Ali Khan, who is accused of plotting to topple the democratic government and mount attacks on the army headquarters, had met the chief of banned group Hizb-ut-Tahrir for Palestinian territory while he was conspiring to overthrow the government and create Islamic caliphate, the BBC quoted a senior military officer as saying.

According to Brigadier Amir Riaz, head of 111 Brigade, Brig Ali had disclosed that HuT has prepared a new constitution and a shadow government for Pakistan and that the group was ready to take over anytime.

Brigadier Amir Riaz, who has now been promoted to the rank of Major-General, has been introduced by the prosecution as a witness against Brig Ali, who is currently facing court martial proceedings.

Brig Riaz (now Maj-Gen) said in a statement that a few months back Brig Ali had expressed distrust in Pakistan’s incumbent civil and military leaderships and had called for establishing Islamic caliphate in the country. According to the prosecution documents, Brig Ali had allegedly told his former colleagues that he had friends in the HuT and that he had met the group’s chief for Palestinian territory.

“Brig Ali told me that HuT could establish a real caliphate which could also ensure good governance in Pakistan. He also told me that HuT has prepared an alternative constitution and a shadow government which could take over anytime,” Brig Riaz said.

Brig Riaz, who has been named as a witness by the prosecution, was promoted to the rank of Maj Gen following his statement against Brig Ali, according to the BBC report.

Brig Ali believed that HuT could establish caliphate in Pakistan only if the military handed over power to the group, said Brig Riaz. And this was not possible until the incumbent military brass was removed.

Brig Riaz said that he knew his former colleague Brig Ali as an emotional person – but his statement could not be brushed aside as his emotionalism.

In his statement, he further said Brig Ali had told him that some elements in Pakistan Air Force were part of the HuT conspiracy and they would mount an air raid on the General Headquarters with F-16 fighter jets during a corps commanders’ conference to eliminate the army brass.

He claimed that Brig Ali had asked him to take over key buildings in Islamabad following such an attack. But he said that he had turned down the offer to become part of the conspiracy and to cooperate with Brig Ali.

After being disappointed in Brig Riaz, Brig Ali tried to recruit other army officers. He seemed in a hurry to execute his plot because his retirement from service was nearing.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 7th, 2012.

Solomon2 note:
Pro-Palestinian Pakistani = tyranny and war for Pakistan
Pro-Israel Pakistani = peace & democracy for Pakistan
Could it really be that simple?

Threads being merged with the existing thread on Brig Ali.

In all likelihood the military is lying about the brigadier. Till date nothing came up about him being HuT. His shaven look further disassociates him as anything to do with HuT.

Suddenly he became the most evil terrorist when he questioned the culpability of military generals in supporting a US attack on Abottabad.

Hi,

What millitary is trying to hide is millitary's prerogative and the civilian court does not need to know about it. That is what what happens when you put your signature on the bottom line to join the army---. The most democratic country of the world--the usa---look what it does to its millitary people---how about the espionage act in the u s----.

In the u s---the judges dare not challenge the request from a millitary court----or a millitary advocate---. The preosecuting attorney can only say---your honor this material is not admissible in your court because of the security--or sensitive information maybe leaked to the enemy etc---or the hearing needs to be in a secure environment---or this material cannot be presented due to its sensitivity in your court room---could you kindly visit the secure environement for a breifing and the american judges oblige---the fools sitting in robes in pakistan are totally clueless to what is happening----.

They just simply can't do their simple tasks that they were hired to do---provision of justice---how is it possible for them to look into matters more difficult than that.

The military exist because we the people of Pakistan allow it to exist out of a need for which they get paid, we don't exist to serve them. They can have been given free hand to control their institution but once a person is retired and he has shown documented evidence that he was retired since April, the military cannot rescind his retirement and try him in courts.

Military is breaking Pakistani law which is above military law. Military law exists, because Pakistani law allows it to exist within certain preconditions. The military in this case has broken those preconditions and is trying a retired officer - that is now a civilian of Pakistan under Pakistani law. If you allow this today then they can try you and me too, tomorrow.

Nice to know Brigadier Riaz got promoted to Major-General after his testimony to implicate Brigadier Ali.

This GHQ is now so laughable.

What a joke, to secure an F-16 to go around bombing Islamabad?

This is most likely a fabricated charge against him for trying to find out who in GHQ helped the Americans attack Abottabad.

If he the army did not have anything to hide it would have tried him in the courts, instead they rescinded his retirement approval in July, whereas he had submitted his retirement papers since April.

Post-retirement: LHC questions court martial against Brig Ali – The Express Tribune

It's become fashionable in Pakistan to charge people with treason once they start asking difficult questions and that a retired Brigadier asked them... I am glad LHC took notice.

You may well be right but I don't see any evidence to support your assertions. Do you think speculation of this kind in the absence of any evidence to the contrary is helpful to Pakistan

You may well be right but I don't see any evidence to support your assertions. Do you think speculation of this kind in the absence of any evidence to the contrary is helpful to Pakistan

Evidence is smack in front of you, he is supposed to be tried in court. Military is trying him in their house.

Why should I believe the accuser? Try him in court and if the court says he was guilty, everyone will shut up and believe the military. They are doing all these underhanded chaal baazian, so I have to speak up so rule of law can be implemented in Pakistan.

I'm speaking for freedom, democracy and all that is good.

Evidence is smack in front of you, he is supposed to be tried in court. Military is trying him in their house.

Why should I believe the accuser? Try him in court and if the court says he was guilty, everyone will shut up and believe the military. They are doing all these underhanded chaal baazian, so I have to speak up so rule of law can be implemented in Pakistan.

I'm speaking for freedom, democracy and all that is good.

Please could you show me where in Pakistani law it is stated that a retired army officer can not be tried by the a military court.

Freedom and democracy cannot exist in a vacuum. Simply chanting these as some sacred cows/words does not get us either democracy nor freedom

Back
Top Bottom